Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EXOTIC RACING - LOS ANGELES

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Geno88

Geno88

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

Birthday's coming up soon and I'm looking to drive a few exotics around Fontana Speedway.

anyone have good or bad experiences with this?

i'm looking into driving a GTR and possibly a GT3. Is this a good experience?

Thanks in advance.

Geno88

Geno88

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

No one here has been there? Come on, anyone care to chime in?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,690 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

have not...do u get to drive it on the track?

In7anity!!

Geno88

Geno88

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

you have an instructor next to you, but it's driving it as fast as the track can handle.

you can choose, huracan, GTR, GT3,488, etc. seems like a blast

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,690 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

we have something similar here....I would do it.

just as long as its not a lead follow.  Those blow

In7anity!!

PDoane

PDoane

Stock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 18

Extreme Experience uses a "Pace" car that you can't pass.  Definitely blows.  I had to  drop back/gap myself just to get one section of track w/o the limitation.  Never did get one full lap at speed.

The other thing to watch out for is the lap count.  Extreme Experience touts "3 laps".  Before signing up I emailed them to ask if that was an out-lap, one flying lap, and then an in-lap, or 3 flying laps.  I was told the latter, but sure enough it was an out-lap, two flying laps, and an in-lap.  The lady who answered my email was there and when I asked about it she said, "I wasn't sure what you meant by a flying lap".

Extreme Experience also scolded me for even touching a corner curb.  I wasn't sure if they were just paranoid about suspension/tire damage or worried about losing control/pushing the boundaries too far.  They also charge money for dropping a wheel off-track.

Don't be surprised if the list of available cars/what you signed up for isn't there that day due to mechanical issues.  I wanted to drive a GT-R, McLaren, and an R8 (all cars I might conceivably buy).  No R8 on the initial list, so I swapped in a Porsche GT3.  Email beforehand says the McLaren is broken so they moved me into a Lambo.  When I get there, the R8 is running so I wound up doing 2 sessions in the GT-R and 2 in the R8.  They would not let me run 2 sessions back-to-back w/o stopping.  I guess they need the idle time in the pit lane to cool things off.

For me as an "experience" it was OK, but as far as truly finding out what the cars can do, it really isn't worth it.

I did wind up buying a GT-R

Edited by PDoane, 27 August 2018 - 05:51 AM.

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Geno88

Geno88

Stock

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 21-June 18

Thanks.

Is extreme exotics the same as exotics racing? Is this at the Fontana super speedway?

Edited by Geno88, 27 August 2018 - 05:39 AM.

PDoane

PDoane

Stock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 18

Sorry, the group I ran with was Extreme Experience (operates at many different tracks) and that is not the same as Exotics Racing (Vegas and Fontana).  They may/may not operate the same way.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I echo PDoane's comments on Extreme Experiences.  I had a few goes in a GTR a few months prior to purchasing mine.  Pretty fun, but also a long long way from the limit.  The pace car was a base mustang convertible on all season tires..

Dave

• 7racer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users