So my car has been suffering from some audible banging noise in the rear when the car's suspension loads/unloads in quick transitions. I know the first suspect is the sway bar and endlinks, but I have already checked those and they all look/feel fine. Things I have done to isolate the issue:
1) Sway bar endlinks replaced
2) Shock upper mounts replaced
3) Checked bushings in control arms (seems fine)
I pulled this video from youtube so this owner had the exact same noise as me, but I am not sure if he/she has figured out what it is. Anyone else has experienced the same issue? Everything is stock except for cat-back (I initially thought the exhaust is moving enough to hit the chassis. It seems solid however, but is hard to simulate the g-force that the car sees by hand).
Also worth noting, I don't get the noise on the streets, but only when autoxing/track in places where the car transitions left/right very quickly. Thanks!
Only aftermarket parts on the car are:
1) Shocks (noise happened when OEM shocks were still on)
2) Rear sway bar/endlinks (noise happened when OEM bar and links were on)
3) 5Zigen catback (noise came after this but only after quite a while.....possible that it is moving around under huge G, but I can't move it by hand enough to really tell)
Edited by white_turbo, 23 August 2018 - 02:33 PM.