Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Two Thumbs Up for Doug @ WGP!!

flex tune e85 intercooler; actuators fbo australia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Evox

Evox

Stock

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 07-December 17

Hi everyone, 

I want to give a shout out to Doug from WGP for his great work ethic!

He was happy to review my logs 8 months after my initial tune below (posted to GTRLife in Dec 17) and make sure everything is running fine. I find that's awesome after sales service and I'm quite pleased. He's very quick to reply as noted below but also I noticed he was moving his shop and was still able to follow up the next day!

Hopefully this helps others to decide on a tuner/shop! Give WGP a try, I absolutely recommend it!

Cheers

Hi all,

I wanted to give a shout out to Doug. I found him on GTRLife after reading a number of reviews and stumbling into the 'Specials' section of the Vendor page (I needed a flex fuel kit and then eventually a tune).

I'm from Australia so I needed an etune. I wasn't too happy with my prior Australian tuner (dealing with my old tuner felt like a rushed service. Get you in and out quickly) and I have since added additional mods (DBA inlet pipes; Turbosmart actuators; Greddy intercooler; flex fuel kit; 485 Walbro pumps.

After ordering the flex fuel kit on special from WGP, I decided to try Doug's tune after reading a number of reviews (I've always been quite skeptical since some people can be quite biased so I'll try to remain as objective as possible). Here is a run down:

• Communication: Very clear and straight to the point. No waffling or ambiguity.
  •  
  • Speed: Doug is fast at replying and sending revised maps. Due to the time difference (Australia), I would send a log to Doug at night and see a response the next morning. Even on weekends! I feel Doug has really gone above and beyond to ensure I always have the latest safest map in my GTR.
  •  
  • Technical expertise: Doug is quite resourceful. When I have questions, he is able to answer in depth and explain things to me (a few concepts are new to me!).
  •  
  • Tune: Given I'm from Australia, Doug was very patient with all the logs sent (pretty much every night for the past 2-3 weeks). As part of the final checks of the tune and since I wanted to max out the OEM turbos with upgraded actuators at 20psi, I rented a dyno as suggested by Doug. The idea is to keep the torque at a safe level since I have a stock block and tranny. While running the dyno (feeling a bit nervous), Doug was very responsive and patiently explained concepts to me and at no time did I feel like "what am I doing". The final tune is quality. After driving it, the car feels great and drives like it should have from factory! Throughout the whole process, I haven't had any start up issues even though I'm on E85 and larger pumps.
Overall, it has been a fantastic experience for me and I've learned quite a few things from Doug. I would not hesitate to recommend Doug to anyone wanting a tune or if you're overseas like me, an etune. I was quite satisfied with the price I paid and the superb service I received. I can now see why he has a lot of positive reviews and I want to confirm, they are right!! I also noticed WGP has some pretty sweet sales on the Specials page (got myself a flex fuel kit for a great price!), so be sure to check that out too!

Hopefully the above is enough info for anyone looking a tune/etune. Otherwise, feel free to send me a PM for more info if I haven't covered it!

See everyone around the forum :)

• mstaudt2003 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flex tune, e85, intercooler;, actuators, fbo, australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users