Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM ELITE Build Delivered to NC!!!

- - - - - tsm builds world wide tsm elite elite only the elite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

This addition to the TSM family of builds was, as usual a joy! Our new customer, David, is such an awesome supporter. With each new build we gain not only customers but what becomes family here at TopSpeed. David for sure was no substitute.

This build had a simple goal of 1000whp on somewhat of a budget (yes we do smaller budget builds too people)! :)

The ELITE Turbo system was to be combine with our Street Series 3.8 and our Level 0 heads. Many of you may ask what does level 0 mean. We have found that under about 1100hp doing major head work really does absolutely nothing to overall speed / power. So our Level 0 heads are simply a race valve job along with GSC valve springs in order to spin it a little higher. No need for porting or cams at that level. Our 3.8 short block is the same one we build to handle up to 1400hp. TONS of R&D have gone into these little engines. Completely custom pistons, rods and bearings exclusive to us are used. Lots of people say that “custom spec piston” but very few actually design a piston any different then maybe asking for a compression change. Our parts made by CP/Carrillo are 100% built down to the ring groove sizes, compression, pin boss design, all of it to our specs. These specs have been refined over years of engines and made possible by our partner machine shop with over 50 years of experience building some of the baddest engines in the world.

That all said we strapped on some standard TSM ELITE turbos combined with a dual 485 fuel pump and ID1700s. That fuel system combination is good up to around 1100whp on E85, which works out to be plenty adequate for this build. The car already had some bolt on parts so we didn’t need to do an intercooler, exhaust and several other of the small supporting mods. Out back we installed a Shep 2.5 transmission which is a pretty good combination for the 1000whp neighborhood. Some people opt to go with the 1k that includes 1-6 gears at this level, which we recommend if the budget is there to do so, however we have had decent luck around the 800tq range keeping the factory gears happy for quite some time. There is always a chance with a factory part that there will be a failure so we just leave it up to the customer and their budget to make the decision.

On the dyno the car performed just like we know our ELITE setup to. Pump gas was rolled through after the break in procedure and yielded just over 800hp at a very modest 22-23psi. The car wasn’t to be run a ton on pump and not at all when it was being raced, so there was no reason to push for the ultimate pump gas number possible. Onward to the corn! Just a short couple hours later she laid down a very respectable 1080hp while still keeping the torque just a hair over 800.

The customer has now been driving the car for a little while and enjoying the crap out of it. Which is just what we strive to hear! He has been to both his local drag strip, one event with the car, and is enjoying flogging it with the best of them. I have seen some of the videos and I will say this guy can cut a light! He has been index racing the car so always on the brakes at the end of the pass but I believe his best so far was a 9.3x @ 12x on the brakes LOL! Needless to say the car is making some power. I’m sure he will be back for a 1k and ELITE Plus upgrade one day, but for now we are glad he is enjoying a solid, issue free car!

Thanks for reading!

David%20Kee%20GTR_zpsfdwtsvdg.jpg

RLB_8303_zpsrxohbth3.jpg

RLB_8276_zpsykjxvz56.jpg

RLB_7940_zpszaftn8qv.jpg

RLB_7950_zpsureyzoai.jpg
  • Tim, celsius, 7racer and 4 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

celsius

celsius

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Congratulations to the owner! Another great TSM build!🤙🏾

a016d7f66f6c21c1a2cb6c3850ad26e4.jpeg

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
To Cicio and the Topspeed team I can’t thank you guys enough not only for the awesome build but for also taking the time to consider my budget. It has been beaten on pretty hard since I’ve gotten it back and not even a single hiccup. You guys are awesome at what you do and hands down the best experience I’ve ever had with a shop in my 16 years of missing cars. I will definitely want back for a trans upgrade and a turbo upgrade as life permits. If anybody out there is looking to modify their gtr I can’t say enough about Cicio and his crew or his products . 5309aa459540c00ebd117b78503d5326.jpg
  • thehelix112 and ghostrider like this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

To Cicio and the Topspeed team I can’t thank you guys enough not only for the awesome build but for also taking the time to consider my budget. It has been beaten on pretty hard since I’ve gotten it back and not even a single hiccup. You guys are awesome at what you do and hands down the best experience I’ve ever had with a shop in my 16 years of missing cars. I will definitely want back for a trans upgrade and a turbo upgrade as life permits. If anybody out there is looking to modify their gtr I can’t say enough about Cicio and his crew or his products . 5309aa459540c00ebd117b78503d5326.jpg

Thanks for the kind words David! Looking forward to seeing more results and helping where we can.

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.37 & 198

-Fastest Customer @ 7.52@192

-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 225.9 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 219.5 MPH

-Standing Half Mile 218.3 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm, builds world wide, tsm elite, elite, only the elite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users