Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legit rear brake cooling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,073 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Nice work mate! That looks money.

Can't wait to here impressions. When do you go out next?

Dave
  • elf_cruiser likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,704 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

is that a spacer between the rear diff and cover?

• elf_cruiser likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Nice work mate! That looks money.

Can't wait to here impressions. When do you go out next?

Dave

Thank you sir! COTA is our next event in September and it’s the NASA National Championship race, kind of a bug deal for us. There will be some heavy competition so I am doing everything I can to get these brakes reliable!
  • thehelix112 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

is that a spacer between the rear diff and cover?

Yes, I glued a small piece of wood there because I don’t like the way the diffuser bends when you use that jack point. Also it allows the car to go up 1/2” higher haha

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Yes, I glued a small piece of wood there because I don’t like the way the diffuser bends when you use that jack point. Also it allows the car to go up 1/2” higher haha

No shit.  WillAll included an aluminum spacer in their rear differential cooling kit because they didn't like it either.

I HATED having to use that jack point and did all kinds of contortions to avoid it - but sometimes there was no other option.

Shawn

• elf_cruiser likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

No shit. WillAll included an aluminum spacer in their rear differential cooling kit because they didn't like it either.

I HATED having to use that jack point and did all kinds of contortions to avoid it - but sometimes there was no other option.

Shawn

Oh that’s interesting! Nissan did a lot of awesome things with this car, but there are a few little ‘ooops’ kinda things like that. I use that jack point everytime the car goes back into the shop after a race weekend. It’s the easiest way to get all 4 jackstands under it.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Oh that’s interesting! Nissan did a lot of awesome things with this car, but there are a few little ‘ooops’ kinda things like that. I use that jack point everytime the car goes back into the shop after a race weekend. It’s the easiest way to get all 4 jackstands under it.

I agree.

And at $72,000 in 2009, there were a lot of "forgivings" we were willing to give Nissan at that time for a world beater car.

But in 2018?  Still?  No stock transmission cooler?  No stock brake cooling?  Are you kidding me?  And you want WHAT MSRP for that?

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

WR35DC2-500x500.jpg

There go....

Shawn

• 7racer, choerizo and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Much fancier than mine, but yeah same concept!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Much fancier than mine, but yeah same concept!

That one also moved the air guard to the side to avoid hitting the lines for the diff cooler.

Whoever has my GT-R has that on it - not enough time to remove it.

Shawn

• elf_cruiser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users