Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible radio panel issue? Or not?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 450 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
For several years now my radio panel has been acting erratic. Volume would go up when turning down and vice-versa Temp control would go up when turning down and vice-versa.

About 4 years ago I temporarily fixed the issue spraying some contact cleaner in the pots of the knobs. Now a few years later issues are back including very loose knobs that don't have the "springy" on/off feeling anymore which was a common problem when using contact cleaned to fix the erratic knobs.

Now my last issue.....and most problematic issue.
When I floor my car and accelerate strongly, my AC turns ON and locks out my volume knob on the steering wheel, locks out all the functions on the radio/environmental panel and locks out all functions on the touch screen. I cannot control anything except for the fan speed and temp control. After about a minute the functions come back and I am able to turn off the AC and regain all functions. What the hell is going on? Is this related to my other problems or not?
RD Engineering. HKS GT1000 build.

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 450 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Update... This situation was pissing me off so much I went ahead and took apart the Audio/AC panel until the pots for each of the knobs were visible. I sprayed them with contact cleaned followed by a good blast of electronics compressed air. Reinstalled in the car and the problem no longer presents itself.

For those of you who may have this problem-a couple things I have learned.

Contact cleaner is a temporary fix. Contact cleaner WILL damage the knobs with a "push" function so that it no longer feels like it has feedback. It will still work but will be extremely sensitive to the touch.

Once these knobs start to get glitchy they may affect the functions more than just glitchy "up/down" functions. In my case: AC turned ON at full blast and could not turn it OFF. All volume controls will be locked out and not function. Top screen buttons and functions locked out.
  • 7racer likes this

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stage 1 Member

• 122 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16
I used maf or mass air sensor cleaner and they've been fine for 12 months.
  • socalaviator likes this

legertas

legertas

Stage 1 Member

• Vendors
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 13-October 14
  • LocationLithuania

lot discussions about same issue - http://www.gtrlife.c...l-erratic-2009/

• 7racer likes this
16509003 1822982454610305 6579302092427434087 N

Nissan GTR R35 CBA entertainment and navi upgrade to OEM DBA "HD" MFD

CBA clusters conversion to DBA NISMO

LBP 3693
Album: legertas
18 images
0 comments

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 450 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Another AC issue has occurred in the past couple days.

AC unit will only blow cold air when car is stopped and idling. Anytime the car begins to move under power the AC stops blowing cold air but the orange AC light remains on.
This issue is intermittent but annoying as it is really hot since we are experiencing a heat wave.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Another AC issue has occurred in the past couple days.

AC unit will only blow cold air when car is stopped and idling. Anytime the car begins to move under power the AC stops blowing cold air but the orange AC light remains on.
This issue is intermittent but annoying as it is really hot since we are experiencing a heat wave.

is that part of the panel issue too!?  seems weird!

In7anity!!

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 4 Member

• 450 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

is that part of the panel issue too!?  seems weird!

No. Not the panel. Shawn sold me his perfect condition DBA radio panel. Has solved all my issues except the very rare abd random AC issue. Frustrating thing is that the AC issue only happens on the days we're experiencing a heat wave! Lol
  • 7racer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users