Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anybody Done A Nurburgring Driving Course?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

My wife is giving me a trip to a driving course at the Nurburgring for my birthday. Has anybody done a course there? If you have taken one what do you recommend?

Thanks!

• awdtt and Dan_585 like this

2016 Premium Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" Intakes, ID1050X Injectors.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,628 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

you don't need a course.  There are a couple of car rental places and you can have one of their instructors show you the line for how many laps you want then you can go yourself.

There is a thread on here somewhere.  Elfcruiser linked me to the one that he used and I did the same.  It was awesome fun!

• elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Thanks for the info, I wanted to do a course to get the racing license. Do you not think it is worth it? Can you rent a GTR there?

2016 Premium Cobb Stage 3; Cobb Downpipes, Cobb Y-Pipe, NISMO Ti Exhaust, Cobb 3" Intakes, ID1050X Injectors.

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,756 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
I’ve driven there several times with RSRNurburg! Ask for Ron!
  • elf_cruiser likes this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,628 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Thanks for the info, I wanted to do a course to get the racing license. Do you not think it is worth it? Can you rent a GTR there?

yep like doug mentioned RSR rents a GTR....I honestly had a blast in the Suzuki Swift I rented

• elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,948 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Falcon, are you referring to the GP track, or the Nordschleife?
What’s your previous track experience?

Unless you plan on professional racing in Europe, then getting a racing license is a waste of time. All you need to enjoy the Nordshleife is a well-prepped rental car from one of the places like rsr or rent4ring. Normal rental cars are not allowed on the Nordshleife, so you must use the specialty rentals instead. They will have brake upgrades and good tires, suspension, etc so it’s really a better way to go.

Any other questions, just ask!
  • Tim, thehelix112 and choerizo like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 242 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

I'll be doing the RSR for a few laps with their GTR during my honeymoon in September.

• thehelix112 and elf_cruiser like this

IG - NoCrustGTR

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

I want to drive the north ring and take a road racing course, I have no track experience but I would like to start taking my car to track days.

• elf_cruiser likes this

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,630 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

I've ran thousands of laps on Forza if that counts LOL

Enjoy brother! Definitely a bucket list item.

• Tim likes this

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

I got it booked in the GTR with RSR, looking forward to some fun. Thanks for all of the advice.

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
Thanks for the advice, RSR was excellent, I had a great time. It was a very hard track with the blind turns and elevation changes, a lot of cars and motorcycles going very fast and a few wrecks. I definitely learned a lot about what the GTR is capable of and things I need to work on.
  • 7racer, Doug@WGP and elf_cruiser like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,628 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Thanks for the advice, RSR was excellent, I had a great time. It was a very hard track with the blind turns and elevation changes, a lot of cars and motorcycles going very fast and a few wrecks. I definitely learned a lot about what the GTR is capable of and things I need to work on.

makes you want to go back already doesn't it!  

also makes you realized what kind of crazy people go out on that track and why there is a youtube channel just for the wrecks!

• Falcon900 likes this

In7anity!!

Falcon900

Falcon900

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 25-May 18
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

makes you want to go back already doesn't it!  

also makes you realized what kind of crazy people go out on that track and why there is a youtube channel just for the wrecks!

I would definitely do it again. I decided to take it easy when I signed all of the paperwork for what I owed them if I wrecked the car or caused any other accidents. Having the motorcycles on there was the craziest part, they were going really fast and very hard to see. Tough track, I think the locals who know it well have the best time on there.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,628 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I would definitely do it again. I decided to take it easy when I signed all of the paperwork for what I owed them if I wrecked the car or caused any other accidents. Having the motorcycles on there was the craziest part, they were going really fast and very hard to see. Tough track, I think the locals who know it well have the best time on there.

I watched a track day with a motorcycle session.  It was nuts to see the motorcycles go around WITH A PASSENGER ON THE BACK! LOL nuts!

the lawyers are definitely different Europe.

I did like the rent4ring car I used as it was a cheap ride and good handling.  Didnt feel as nervous if I wrecked that.

• elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,195 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
+1 rent4ring. I used them back in 2006 and they were great. Such a fun track!

Dave
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users