Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R35 Best aftermarket clutch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

Hi guys,

I have 2008 CBA. Currently is running dodson 7 plates superstock clutch, billet A n B basket and piston A n B.

The driveability of this clutch is just uncomfortable. It is smooth when drive fast. when it is driving slow in traffic light, is always noisy, hesitate accelerate from stop.

I sent to 2 workshop for check the clutch. both of them is profesional in R35 . Both of them say the setup is correct. 

i ended up with just used to it. As i really love this car.

This thread no offence for anyone. Just for disscusion.

I know in the market some have a good experience with this. Maybe i am the one no luck with this clutch.

I am just wonder is there any other company make better clutch ?

Fast-n-Frivolous

Fast-n-Frivolous

Stock

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationLiverpool, UK
Xtreme 16 plate plus billet baskets here.

When first fitted the changes on WOT were rough, clunky and rough.

New tuner, better mapping of ECM and TCM roms has left it as good as stock.

If the install and build of the clutch basket assembly is done as per manufacturer’s spec, it’s all in the mapping.
  • CK1888 likes this

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,580 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
It’s the tune not the clutch
  • Tim, earico and CK1888 like this

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

Xtreme 16 plate plus billet baskets here.

When first fitted the changes on WOT were rough, clunky and rough.

New tuner, better mapping of ECM and TCM roms has left it as good as stock.

If the install and build of the clutch basket assembly is done as per manufacturer’s spec, it’s all in the mapping.

Thanks, what cc , tp do you set ?

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

It’s the tune not the clutch

i have try 3 tuner. all is same. =/

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,580 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13

i have try 3 tuner. all is same. =/

Has Shep looked at the clutch? What tuners and software? You need the torque tables adjusted to make the car drive better with aftermarket clutches
  • Tim and Mattson like this

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

Has Shep looked at the clutch? What tuners and software? You need the torque tables adjusted to make the car drive better with aftermarket clutches

I am from asia. Didnt contact shep about this. But i send the datalog to jacks. He say everything is fine. 

Looks like i just need to used to it. Because it is race clutch. Haha..

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

weird,  I have a upgraded clutch and it drives smoothy.

In7anity!!

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Agree with everyone above. IMy Shep 1k drives as smooth as stock thanks to Doug@WGP tune.
  • Tim likes this
2014 Premium | TSM Built Motor & Elite Plus 1124 AWHP | WGP Assembled & Tune | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

weird,  I have a upgraded clutch and it drives smoothy.

It is smooth changing gear. But hesitate and rpm drop during accelerate from stop. only in first gear when accelerate from stop.

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

Agree with everyone above. IMy Shep 1k drives as smooth as stock thanks to Doug@WGP tune.

Thanks. How about the first gear when accelerate from stop ?

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 3 Member

• 360 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
No different. Smooth in all gears and all transitions. Drivability retained. All in the tune.

Thanks. How about the first gear when accelerate from stop ?

• CK1888 likes this
2014 Premium | TSM Built Motor & Elite Plus 1124 AWHP | WGP Assembled & Tune | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

5ive

5ive

Stock

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 29-March 16
  • LocationGermany Hannover

my clutch 7 Disk Superstock is almolst dead i do a gear relearn about every 200 km then i set the tp points, the tp points have a huge impact first try tp on basket b about -2 then try driving around with low load cruise no wot action if it is good set it back to whatever it was and set your tp by someone who can properly adjust your cc and tp points.

• 7racer likes this

CK1888

CK1888

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 06-November 14

my clutch 7 Disk Superstock is almolst dead i do a gear relearn about every 200 km then i set the tp points, the tp points have a huge impact first try tp on basket b about -2 then try driving around with low load cruise no wot action if it is good set it back to whatever it was and set your tp by someone who can properly adjust your cc and tp points.

Wonder if only 7 plate superstock have this problem. i have done alot clutch learn. all looks like just same. lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users