Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Air Conditioning anomaly after build.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
HKS GT1000 build. Still can't figure this one out.

Air Conditioning nice and cold on upper (round) vents.
When I switch to lower vents air does not come out cold but rather warm. What could it be?

Before build, air was ice cold for all vents with no issues.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,515 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

thats a weird one

no idea

In7anity!!

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

HKS GT1000 build. Still can't figure this one out.

When I switch to lower vents air does not come out cold but rather warm. What could it be?

Before build, air was ice cold for all vents with no issues.

Ah, the a/c ducted to CAI mod - thanks for the hint! More a/c = more POWAAH!

• elf_cruiser likes this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Ah, the a/c ducted to CAI mod - thanks for the hint! More a/c = more POWAAH!

Now with my new build I have enough power I just need more AC!!!

I even have my hot parts ceramic coated and the downpipes heat wrapped.

legertas

legertas

Stage 1 Member

• Vendors
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 13-October 14
  • LocationLithuania

three causes if AC does not start - not enough pressure of freon , freon pressure sensor not connected or damaged  or temperature sensors (outside and in cabin ) not connected  

• Tim and 7racer like this
16509003 1822982454610305 6579302092427434087 N

Nissan GTR R35 CBA entertainment and navi upgrade to OEM DBA "HD" MFD

CBA clusters conversion to DBA NISMO

LBP 3693
Album: legertas
18 images
0 comments

kbrenay

kbrenay

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 26-November 17

three causes if AC does not start - not enough pressure of freon , freon pressure sensor not connected or damaged or temperature sensors (outside and in cabin ) not connected

His AC is cold just not in lower vents...

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

three causes if AC does not start - not enough pressure of freon , freon pressure sensor not connected or damaged  or temperature sensors (outside and in cabin ) not connected

AC does work but temperature not cold enough. It used to be much colder before my build and now it is not cold enough on warm days.
  • Tim likes this

2highpsi

2highpsi

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 858 posts
  • Joined 06-December 13
  • LocationCambridge, OH

^ This sounds like a blend door issue.  

AC does work but temperature not cold enough. It used to be much colder before my build and now it is not cold enough on warm days.

^ This is different than what you described above, but merely seems like a refrigerant issue.  If your motor was dropped out of the car, the refrigerant would have been evacuated from the system, then refilled after reassembly.  Maybe they just didn't get enough back in.

• Tim likes this

2014 Deep Blue Pearl Track Edition GT-R Alpha 10  #80 of 160

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

^ This sounds like a blend door issue.  

^ This is different than what you described above, but merely seems like a refrigerant issue.  If your motor was dropped out of the car, the refrigerant would have been evacuated from the system, then refilled after reassembly.  Maybe they just didn't get enough back in.

Yeah.  As the temperature got warmer in the last 2 weeks. (increased from the 70s to the 90s) I also started to notice the temperature was not as cold as it used to be. (even the uper vents)

I did a small experiment and ran the AC in my garage right after a cold start and the temperature of the air coming from the top and bottom vent are the same.  After the engine warms up the top vent is colder.  I'm starting to think the heat soaking of the bottom vent overcomes the cooler air bypassed through those ducts.  I think the air is not cold enough to overcome the heat soaking.  I'm leaning towards a refrigerant issue.  It might not have been refilled properly or to the correct pressure.  WIll probably have the dealer diagnose the issue.  

• 7racer likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Just remember your creating a lot more heat after your build. When AMS was test fitting the heat shields on my car back in the day, they had to pull the engine 17 times to get it right or your feet would fry
  • socalaviator likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Just remember your creating a lot more heat after your build. When AMS was test fitting the heat shields on my car back in the day, they had to pull the engine 17 times to get it right or your feet would fry

You are absolutely right Tim.  For this reason we not only installed the supplied heat shielding by HKS but we also ceramic coated all the hot parts and exhaust wrapped the downpipes as well.

With that being said, I don't want to start throwing money at different possible solutions (racharging the gas, diagnosing the AC system, etc...) if this is what is considered "normal" after a build.  If this is normal after a build I will let it be an accept it as is.  If not, I'd like to try and find a fix. It's starting to get hot!

Btw, I just whooped up my first bike.  A Yamaha R6.  Beat him by about half a city block.  My 8 year old step son said: "was he racing us?"  when I replied that he indeed was and asked why, he said:  "because he was so far back" lol

Edited by socalaviator, 05 June 2018 - 07:18 PM.

• Tim, 7racer and droptopp like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

You are absolutely right Tim.  For this reason we not only installed the supplied heat shielding by HKS but we also ceramic coated all the hot parts and exhaust wrapped the downpipes as well.

With that being said, I don't want to start throwing money at different possible solutions (racharging the gas, diagnosing the AC system, etc...) if this is what is considered "normal" after a build.  If this is normal after a build I will let it be an accept it as is.  If not, I'd like to try and find a fix. It's starting to get hot!

Btw, I just whooped up my first bike.  A Yamaha R6.  Beat him by about half a city block.  My 8 year old step son said: "was he racing us?"  when I replied that he indeed was and asked why, he said:  "because he was so far back" lol

Love story’s like this, nothing better than fucking a bikes day up :)

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Love story’s like this, nothing better than fucking a bikes day up :)

After the race The kid on the R6 did the "bowing down" motion after the race. Nice guy. He kept looking back at my car after the light turned green in amazement. Lol

He chased me down, taunted me with wheelies and then got his ass whooped. It was epic.
  • Tim and 7racer like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
Haha those are my kind of nights. I get so wound up I can’t go to bed till dawn, I love embarrassing bikes.They never expect it

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,237 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
+1 may not have enough Freon. Can get a quick pressure check. First build that happened to me and just an A9 so not too hot.

+1 on bikes - three R1’s rolled on and I gave the lead guy the jump. Trashed all three and slowed down - lead guy pulls up next to me and starts beating on the side like he was riding a horse - hilarious.

Be safe ;)
  • socalaviator likes this
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,074 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
Thanks man I have a run with a Nitrous busy coming up,if it ever stops raining. That should be real fun :) 200+
  • droptopp likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 295 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

+1 may not have enough Freon. Can get a quick pressure check. First build that happened to me and just an A9 so not too hot.

I'm hoping this is the case. The fact it does come out slightly cold gives me some hope it's not a big issue. Chris Heimburg, a well known GTR tech in the industry, is close to me and said he will look at it.

+1 on bikes - three R1’s rolled on and I gave the lead guy the jump. Trashed all three and slowed down - lead guy pulls up next to me and starts beating on the side like he was riding a horse - hilarious.

Be safe ;)

Thanks man I have a run with a Nitrous busy coming up,if it ever stops raining. That should be real fun :) 200+

Hahaha. Hilarious. The Turbo Busa sounds like a good race. Get some video!
  • Tim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users