Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GT2 RS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

haul s

haul s

Stage 4 Member

• 448 posts
  • Joined 18-October 14
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

attachicon.gif P1030365.JPG

Love the car, but it’s begging for some better wheels...

2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
sigpic71174_3.gif
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 717 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles
I take delivery tomorrow guys. Can’t wait to experience this thing. Still never driven one.
  • Tim and thehelix112 like this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I take delivery tomorrow guys. Can’t wait to experience this thing. Still never driven one.

Exciting!

ATL_GT-R

ATL_GT-R

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12

So, how is it?  Would really appreciate a bit of a write-up!

There is a very similar car on BaT right now that I am tempted to bid on.

Edited by ATL_GT-R, 19 June 2018 - 07:42 AM.

• Tim, 7racer and Dan_585 like this
C63s
Huracan Spyder
-------------------------
TSM l '10 Alpha12
'14 Midnight Opal

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 717 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

So, how is it? Would really appreciate a bit of a write-up!

There is a very similar car on BaT right now that I am tempted to bid on.

I took delivery of the car they day before flying to Asia for two weeks. Heading back this afternoon.

I only got to driver it about 3-4 miles in LA traffic. I did get to open it up a couple times. The thing is lightning fast. Power band is very usable with power being delivered in a brutal, but linear fashion. It likes to rev, and turbos are responsive. The car is fast as fuck. Putting aside off the line traction and manual shifting, it’s definitely faster than a stock NISMO in a straight line. Car similarly fast to my tuned NISMO w/ larger injectors.

The two most pronounced elements I could feel right away were “light” and “rigid”. The suspension is less punishing than Mizuno era GTR, but the chassis felt more rigid.

The engine note is fairly quiet, which doesn’t bother me. There’s flywheel rattle, and some clunky noise from the drivetrain (normal for Metzger). Reminds very much of the GTR in that way.

It’s a beautiful car. Red in my opinion is the best color. Really makes it stand out, and complements the CF so well. When you see it, get in it, drive it, you can tell it’s truly special.

Here’s a playlist I created of GT2 RS content. It’s very hard to find. Not much info on the car. There’s a three or four part interview with AP where he describes the car in detail. Gives the most perspective on how much development went in to the car.

https://www.youtube....PExi96Zd69S5BRE

I will report back with additional details after driving it some more this weekend.
  • 7racer, thehelix112 and sam2avila like this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Awesome.  Can't wait to see it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users