Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Studio RSR Rollbars Question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

someone

someone

Stage 2 Member

• 217 posts
  • Joined 06-September 15
Im looking for “streetable” 4pts rollbars that I can turn into 6pts or even 8pts later down the road. Theirs look like a good alternative to me, because points were door bars go are low enough and away from making any harm during street use.

Has anyone had experience with these guys?

cec89311f0bdf3956a1c331f5534ba39.jpg
IMG_8453.JPG IMG_8449.JPG

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
That was definutely made for comfort and looks, not safety. The X brace has bends in it, which is a major no-no - would not pass tech in the club I race with, much less professional motorsports.
And those A pillars that are bent to clear the dash - that’s just laughable. Would fold up like a cheap suit during a rollover.

HG Motorsports has a nice 4 point bolt-in. I believe there are others as well. I would start with a 4 point that has good harness attachments. Then when you’re ready for a 6 point you can add the A pillars and door bars.
  • 7racer, ghostrider and Decz11 like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

someone

someone

Stage 2 Member

• 217 posts
  • Joined 06-September 15
Thks for the feedback.

someone

someone

Stage 2 Member

• 217 posts
  • Joined 06-September 15
They do mention on their website that :

“NASA Racing spec w/straight leg version (**as of 2016.5 rulebook, not sanctioned)”

Not sure if that makes any difference.
More info here: https://studiorsr.co...l-cage-roll-bar

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Gotcha, yeah I would imagine that the NASA legal version doesn’t have all those bends in it. It would also require permanent door bars made up of at least 2 tubes.

Here is my NASA legal cage built just over a year ago, before paint and finish work.

• Tim, 7racer, choerizo and 1 other like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,028 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I have a Titan Motorsports one that I will be selling soon.  I'm not sure I have all the bolts right now though.

Shawn

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18
Looks good but like Elf_Cruiser said the major bracing points should be straight, bends are the weak links.

For street/mild track its probably better than nothing however proper tracking or Drag you would want somthing more substantial.

Ive tried searching HG motorsports for their bolt in cage, that is probably more practical especially their shop car with the double X brace and looks mint finished in raw with a clear coat!

Also look at Buschur Racing's Bolt in Cage - this was the post on how i stumbled across GTR heritage forum
  • 7racer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users