Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Perth, Australia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18

Hi all from Perth Australia! 

joined because i am someone that likes in depth knowledge of vehicles before i purchase and i guess it is nearly like everything these days, information is easy to access when you start wandering forums, youtube and good old google. 

I joined this forum as it looks to be the most concise and knowledgeable with a lot of good tech. 

I haven't purchased an R35 as yet but have been looking for about 2 and a bit months now, and it is not very often that GTDR's come up in our city very often, especially when you are looking for specifics of 12+ and either black/silver or white as last choice. 

last week i looked at a 2013  DBA in ivory white, it ticks all the boxes accept for a small dent that sits in the left rear quarter panel near the side reflector. It has only done 13 000km ( 8000miles?) from new so its really a brand new car, interior spotless. 

The thing that makes me sad after doing research is how the second market is in Aus compared to the US. makes me really wish i lived there! second hand average price for a 12-13 GTR in stock/ish form can be between 110 000AUD (82k US?) and 120 000 AUD (90k US?) and i read most at this sort of age in the US fetch low 60's USD? :( 

Any way, i look forward to owning a GTR soon, im definitely oriented towards Track/road racing as opposed to drag.

A 750-900hp Track/Street GTR sounds pretty good, but by the looks 3/4 of owners end up with 1000+ hp somehow haha! 

I look forward to sharing and being part of the community. 

Regards

Declan. 

• Tim and Crissy like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,894 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Welcome! We are very friendly and have lots of members that are great knowledge of the car. Don’t be afraid we all lean something new every day
I’m from Florida we’re on about opposite ends of the planet :)
  • Decz11 likes this

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 245 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15
Welcome to Heritage.
The knowledge and expertise you will find here is second to none.
Any question you may have will quickly be answered by a member who’s been there, or a vender/builder who’s done that.
Do some research on the SuperSilver before you go that route. It is my favorite color and quite spectacular, however it can be difficult to repair even small chips/scratches.
Good luck on your search and purchase of an amazing car.
  • Decz11 likes this

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18
Hi guys thanks for the info.

Yes crissy, was looking at the silvers its almost the OG colour in the R35. I have been told by my neighbour who is a panel beater (body shop) to be wary of the colouration match on silver.

Tim will enjoy the guidance when i start asking the Q's! But first i need to do some shopping!
  • Tim and Crissy like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,900 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

hey welcome!!!

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,575 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
Welcome Declan. Another fellow Aussie on the forums is nice. I get what you mean about the market, only reason I could afford one was because I moved to Socal.

I was looking at the super silver too, but ended up getting obsidian black and love it. Honestly you'll almost definitely love whatever colour you end up with. :-)

Look forward to seeing pics and first drive impressions!

Dave
  • Tim likes this

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18

hey welcome!!!

hi 7, read over your build thread, good info for me being track oriented as well.
  • 7racer likes this

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18

Welcome Declan. Another fellow Aussie on the forums is nice. I get what you mean about the market, only reason I could afford one was because I moved to Socal.

I was looking at the super silver too, but ended up getting obsidian black and love it. Honestly you'll almost definitely love whatever colour you end up with. :-)

Look forward to seeing pics and first drive impressions!

Dave

c065bceb81918bd2732243b4213e34b6.jpg

Hey Dave. Nice another Aussie to relate to our poor english at times!
Went to the US in 17' i visited Texas, Austin for F1 then onto Las Vegas and flew to San Fran where we picked up a Bmw X5 M rental and spanked it down route 1 with stop overs in Monteray, Santa Barbara and then down to San diego.
Route 1 was impressive it was fun giving it some curry and passing flogs in their convertible porsches!

Yeh i think any will be fine.
This is the Gtr i looked at last week. The owner is pretty keen on getting a deal through soon as he is using the funding to purchase a farm.
  • Tim and 7racer like this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

Welcome! There isn't a better place to find more knowledgable enthusiasts on the R35 than here. Good luck with your search.

• Mattson and Decz11 like this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users