Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LED Headlight Bulbs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 281 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I just recently noticed some companies are selling LED bulbs to replace OEM D2S headlight bulbs. Anyone have experience or extra info?

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I just recently noticed some companies are selling LED bulbs to replace OEM D2S headlight bulbs. Anyone have experience or extra info?

Ignore them and make me an offer on my 2015 headlights.  Sorry to thread bust, but I didn't think you'd mind.  I need to take some pics and sell these to some forum member here.

Shawn

• 7racer, choerizo and socalaviator like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,480 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

link?

In7anity!!

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 281 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Ignore them and make me an offer on my 2015 headlights.  Sorry to thread bust, but I didn't think you'd mind.  I need to take some pics and sell these to some forum member here.

Shawn

Shawn.  I can't afford the entire headlights! lol  I'm just looking for bulb replacement options.  I am also still considering your DBA Radio panel.  Trying to take ALL my money

link?

www.headlightexperts.com  $99 for both 6000k LED bulbs 

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
http://www.cruzetalk...#/topics/197290

Only thing I can find.

My history with conversion kits for headlights....

Stick to OEM.

I have never, EVER found a replacement light or housing that outperformed OEM on all fronts. Maybe one thing or another, but long term, nothing ever beats OEM lights.

Sorry.

Shawn

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 204 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

http://www.cruzetalk...#/topics/197290

Only thing I can find.

My history with conversion kits for headlights....

Stick to OEM.

I have never, EVER found a replacement light or housing that outperformed OEM on all fronts. Maybe one thing or another, but long term, nothing ever beats OEM lights.

Sorry.

Shawn

I’m curios to know how much you are selling your ‘15s for? Thanks.
  • shawnhayes likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I haven't priced them yet.  I have them boxed up in the original boxes they came up with.

Let me tell you my dickhead move...

I'm selling most of my items INSIDE threads.

Reason - I want all these parts to go to loyal Heritage members who READ the threads, and not just going to the "for sale" section looking for a deal.  Contributors.  Old time friends.

....Like you....

What do you want to pay for a set of '15 headlights, and do you want pics first?

Shawn

• Crissy likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 281 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

I haven't priced them yet.  I have them boxed up in the original boxes they came up with.

Reason - I want all these parts to go to loyal Heritage members who READ the threads, and not just going to the "for sale" section looking for a deal.  Contributors.  Old time friends.

....Like you....

What do you want to pay for a set of '15 headlights, and do you want pics first?

Shawn

I have no idea how much these go for but I am interested. What were you thinking? I appreciate the gesture as well.

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 2 Member

• 204 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

....Like you....

Shawn

Not a dickhead move at all, your parts are yours to sell to who and how you want.

I fall short of members who have invested a lot of time and good content on this site, mostly because I am usually blown away by the extent of work and expertise most of you devote to your cars.  I devote what I can to mine, however some of the build threads here are intimidating just for the fact that many are like a foreign language to me, and I can not imagine the money involved.

That being said, I have learned quite a bit (like following 7 will cause unexpected spending, in a good way) and feel I have made better choices by following the advice of many.

I am honestly overly happy for the members here who build some of the most amazing cars I have ever seen, or who are just fortunate enough to own a GT-R and share the passion.

I cannot tell you how many threads, pics, and videos I have shared with friends and family.  I'm sure I have influenced some new fans.

I have a bit of a nightmare story concerning my SS '09 that started with the correction of three rock chips on the hood and has ended with the car having to be chemically stripped of all paint, new bumper covers, new quarter glass, and many other misc. trim pieces replaced.  Live and learn and never ever let a anyone without Super-Silver paint experience attempt to do any paint work, ever. 

In my defense this shop made me believe they were knowledgeable and experienced and their website had many pictures of some pretty high end cars.  Had I known they used subs to do the paint work I would have opted for a paint shop I could properly research.

The money I have invested in the cosmetic correction of some horrific paint application could have built one high horsepower GT-R, however I am content with the FBO E85 upgrade (for now, hehe) and looking damn good, finally.

Not wanting to risk an insult (because I don't have enough knowledge on the subject) I will leave the pricing and decision of who to sell to with you. 

• 7racer, shawnhayes and socalaviator like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I have no idea how much these go for but I am interested. What were you thinking? I appreciate the gesture as well.

Sold.  I never got the chance to price and post.  A very heads up member jumped on and made an offer.

Love both of you.  Sorry but I'm avoiding bidding wars between my friends on here, so I'm selling within threads to old friends.  I have a few more deals I'm putting all the pieces together for.

Shawn

• 7racer, socalaviator and Crissy like this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 281 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Sold.  I never got the chance to price and post.  A very heads up member jumped on and made an offer.

Love both of you.  Sorry but I'm avoiding bidding wars between my friends on here, so I'm selling within threads to old friends.  I have a few more deals I'm putting all the pieces together for.

Shawn

Not a problem at all! Glad you can find good homes to all these parts.

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 2 Member

• 215 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationJoplin, MO

Shawn

Dang, didn't know you were selling 15s :( I don't like being the guy asking about parts when someone doesn't post anything. Makes sense though!

Edited by Aequitas & Veritas, 27 April 2018 - 07:36 AM.

IG - NoCrustGTR

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

And back to the topic, be VERY wary of "replacement bulbs" that don't come from a LARGE manufacturer.  MOST in the past have not held up to the standards on light output and focus.

OEM lights and bulbs have a fairly high standard, and even with that IIHS ranks most headlights marginal to poor.

Shawn

• socalaviator likes this

socalaviator

socalaviator

Stage 2.5 Member

• 281 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

And back to the topic, be VERY wary of "replacement bulbs" that don't come from a LARGE manufacturer.  MOST in the past have not held up to the standards on light output and focus.

OEM lights and bulbs have a fairly high standard, and even with that IIHS ranks most headlights marginal to poor.

Shawn

I agree. Never had good luck yet but always worth asking. Reliability has always been an issue for me. OEM for me does the job as I rarely drive at night and when I do it is almost always on well lit streets.

The only reason I was considering aftermarket was to change the Kelvin output. Looking for something in the 6000K range. Maybe 5500ish.
  • 7racer likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I agree. Never had good luck yet but always worth asking. Reliability has always been an issue for me. OEM for me does the job as I rarely drive at night and when I do it is almost always on well lit streets.

The only reason I was considering aftermarket was to change the Kelvin output. Looking for something in the 6000K range. Maybe 5500ish.

Sylvania 5000K 

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B01KIVYE8Y

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,010 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Or maybe an OSRAM up to 5500

https://www.amazon.c...77FMWA1S0H0W2AS

Stay away from the off brands.  Really.