Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AMG GTR Clubsport confirmed - more track focused

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I guess it wasn't good enough that the AMG GTR ran the Ring in 7:10 stock, they needed to come out with a little more track attack hardware:

http://www.evo.co.uk...clubsport-model

mercedes-amg-gt-r-clubsport-005.jpg

So one wonders how fast this edition will ring the Ring.

• 7racer likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,086 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I guess it wasn't good enough that the AMG GTR ran the Ring in 7:10 stock, they needed to come out with a little more track attack hardware:

http://www.evo.co.uk...clubsport-model

attachicon.gif mercedes-amg-gt-r-clubsport-005.jpg

So one wonders how fast this edition will ring the Ring.

I love this car.

But the GT-R edition is too expensive. And the active aero may be too fragile for hard repeated track use.

Anybody regularly tracking a GT-R version yet?

Shawn

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

A buddy of mine has one. He also has a Viper ACR Extreme, which he has had to buy a trailer and pickup for because it really can't be driven on the street to the track, and the front tires can be worn out in 1/2 track day if you drive it really aggressively, and maybe more like 1 day, with no tire options. So that is why he said he bought the AMG GTR so he could both drive it in town and on the track. He said he really likes it on track, but I will have to touch base with him again to see how he is progressing with it.

Here is his GTR 

IMG_3734.JPG

and here I am sitting in it with my hand on the yellow traction control knob, the happy knob!

IMG_3743.JPG

and my trusty GT-R, Nissan edition, at the same track day at Mosport last year

IMG_3745.JPG

and our other buddy's TA next to my car, with the AMG GTR in the background along with a nice R8

IMG_3746.JPG

and an AMG GTS like mine (which is black) that had a Eurocharge tune which the owner said really woke up the car on track, since mine only has 503 HP;-(

IMG_3754.JPG

In terms of pricing, the GTS is $143,000 and the GTR is $168,000, with neither needing hardly any options to get them on the track. Their target market is Porsche, where a new GT3 costs $143,600 and the new GT3 RS is $187,500, and even if you can get one of those, they typically come with a ton of expensive options, really raising their out the door cost. Current price on a Nissan GT-R track edition is $128,500 and a Nismo is $175,500, more than an AMG GTR!!! So these cars are all very expensive.

• changster, 7racer and droptopp like this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

AMG GTR is quick. 2:22 w/passenger on stock tires at COTA. Stock GT-R on street tires won't touch that,,,FBO w/slicks will.

AMG GTR drives a bit like a Viper (except the shifting, lol), and the AWS seems to get a bit confused at the WOT apex of T10 where a growing bump has developed. The quick unloading of the rear while under high lateral load seems to confuse the AWS resulting in a disconcerting rear end wiggle, not just an oversteer twitch.

I really like this car, and would take it over a Nismo...except I swore off Merc's after my last AMG. :/

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

AMG GTR is quick. 2:22 w/passenger on stock tires at COTA. Stock GT-R on street tires won't touch that,,,FBO w/slicks will.

AMG GTR drives a bit like a Viper (except the shifting, lol), and the AWS seems to get a bit confused at the WOT apex of T10 where a growing bump has developed. The quick unloading of the rear while under high lateral load seems to confuse the AWS resulting in a disconcerting rear end wiggle, not just an oversteer twitch.

I really like this car, and would take it over a Nismo...except I swore off Merc's after my last AMG. :/

is this the new ultimate track day car?  what else is on your list?

In7anity!!

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

is this the new ultimate track day car?  what else is on your list?

Ford GT....lol....let's see how the 720 does, and have yet to see a well driven Performante set a quick time. We now have a Lambo dealership in Austin, so should see a good time soon.

• 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,749 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Ford GT....lol....let's see how the 720 does, and have yet to see a well driven Performante set a quick time. We now have a Lambo dealership in Austin, so should see a good time soon.

is that why u keep torturing me with random Ford GT pics!

lol I love that car.

• Enshiu and forty-two like this

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users