Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

pls don't hate me..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

delirious

delirious

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 11-December 17

hey fellas - not to beat on a dead horse again.. but if you could provide some recommendations..  have researched online but wanted to reconfirm a few points..  looking for a midpipe for my17 gtr.  the sound is so damn muted...   only looking to replace the midpipe for now as i do not want to void extended warranty (i'm sure i won't care about it by next year..).  again basically looking to maximize volume since this is the only change for near future.  was looking at all non-res gotboost/aam/boostlogic.  Couple of questions:

1) are these all compatible with my17?  no other add-ons needed?  which do you recommend for maximum volume?

2) do you recommend any others (again looking to maximize volume) and compatible to my17.

3) in terms of size..  are all the mentioned midpipes 3 to 3.5?  are there any 3.5 to 4 that you recommend compatible to stock exhaust?  i suspect it will be louder?

4) any good shops for midpipe installation in ny/nj area?  hear iveytunes is good in nj and real auto dynamics in ny.  

appreciate it..

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,800 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

hey fellas - not to beat on a dead horse again.. but if you could provide some recommendations..  have researched online but wanted to reconfirm a few points..  looking for a midpipe for my17 gtr.  the sound is so damn muted...   only looking to replace the midpipe for now as i do not want to void extended warranty (i'm sure i won't care about it by next year..).  again basically looking to maximize volume since this is the only change for near future.  was looking at all non-res gotboost/aam/boostlogic.  Couple of questions:

1) are these all compatible with my17?  no other add-ons needed?  which do you recommend for maximum volume?

2) do you recommend any others (again looking to maximize volume) and compatible to my17.

3) in terms of size..  are all the mentioned midpipes 3 to 3.5?  are there any 3.5 to 4 that you recommend compatible to stock exhaust?  i suspect it will be louder?

4) any good shops for midpipe installation in ny/nj area?  hear iveytunes is good in nj and real auto dynamics in ny.  

appreciate it..

Many of us don't know the new 2017 exhaust.  It IS different than the 2009-2016, which are basically all virtually identical.  There is apparently some computer controlled valving (maybe?  I'm unsure).

Let me see if my sources can help...

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,800 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Some ideas...

http://www.gtr.co.uk...e-question.html

Shawn

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,282 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

the 2017s have a valvetronic that will need a tune when the exhaust is changed, but if you still are keeping the factory downpipes and cat back I think it will be fine.

In7anity!!

delirious

delirious

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 11-December 17

Some ideas...

http://www.gtr.co.uk...e-question.html

Shawn

thanks for the link shawn.  think it's safe to just go with a midpipe for now.  need to decide which one. 

delirious

delirious

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 11-December 17

the 2017s have a valvetronic that will need a tune when the exhaust is changed, but if you still are keeping the factory downpipes and cat back I think it will be fine.

thanks yeah sounds like it.  just not sure which midpipe to get.  maybe i should attend some sort of gtr meetups in my neighborhood ask what they've installed and listen in person..  

Jon H

Jon H

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

I have a MY17 and installed a Cobb catted midpipe a couple weeks ago. Anything that is compatible with the 2009-2016s with a stock rear will fit a 17+.

If you want maximum sound, go with something that has no cats or resonators in the midpipe. They should mostly all sound the same.

Any shop should be able to install it for you. It's pretty easy and straight forward. I probably swapped it out faster than I can do an oil change on the GT-R. 

• Tim likes this

2017 GT-R

2015 GT3 (Sold)

2013 GT-R (Sold)

BW CW13 - 1:50.6 https://youtu.be/CFau6MhJHa4

delirious

delirious

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 11-December 17

I have a MY17 and installed a Cobb catted midpipe a couple weeks ago. Anything that is compatible with the 2009-2016s with a stock rear will fit a 17+.

If you want maximum sound, go with something that has no cats or resonators in the midpipe. They should mostly all sound the same.

Any shop should be able to install it for you. It's pretty easy and straight forward. I probably swapped it out faster than I can do an oil change on the GT-R.

delirious

delirious

Stock

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 11-December 17

Thanks Jon

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,745 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
I learned something new today
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users