Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WGP Build (TSM + ShepTrans+ ETS + Visconti + BL + COBB)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,773 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

How much power are you trying to make Shawn?

Wanted to tune only to the limit of the stock engine and stock trans (well, mine is built with baskets and Dodson clips/retainers and Dodson blueprinted pump, with anti-surge plate).

I think that's only 600hp if you use pump gas only (I have no source of E85 around here).

Shawn

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,602 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
I’ve made 750 pretty safely on an Elite on pump. A visconti dual 485 basket would be plenty and also stock location.
  • celsius and 7racer like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

V8killer

V8killer

Stage 2 Member

• 201 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14
Cicio why do you dislike the 12 injector setup? Is it due to the possibility of leaning a hole out if a secondary injector fails ?

Nice build !

Edited by V8killer, 19 January 2018 - 12:50 AM.

• celsius likes this

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

12 injector seems very overkill and adding complexity into a situation where it is not needed.   Simply using some ID1700x's with some pressure will give you nearly stock like idle and will drive like a dream.

Thats my opinion for what it is worth....  a former Elite Plus owner speaking from my experience with the car and its idle characteristics.

• celsius and 7racer like this

Dv8

Dv8

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 14-March 13

Fore owner here going on 4 years. no complaints. never had have fueling problems. 3582 turbos, 30s before then. Drag racing only, i can see having an issue on the road course below 1/4 tank. The asnu battleship (newest one) seems to utilize the oem sump. 12 inj is way overkill. take that cash and get a kaps controller instead.

~Dv8

• celsius likes this

6/25/17 8.94 @164MPH |186MPH 1/2M AAM900R

Black Obsidian GT-R Equilibrium Tuning Built, Manley Bottomend|AAM3582R|AAM RIC|Custom Midpipe|Stock Exhaust|Kelford B|SiR2k|Fore 3 Pump|

Jacks Trans Billet Drag950|EcuTek-Ronnie@RDE Tuned|RPM 8pt. cage| NHRA Licenced GTR 8.5

V8killer

V8killer

Stage 2 Member

• 201 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14
So are you saying my 2000s are oversized for 35r Turbos making 1300hp on stock crank? The elites are only 50-100 hp difference and running 1700s ? Not a fan of that size injector if it's not needed ?
  • celsius likes this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 937 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
I’m using 2000’s on a 3582 setup with dual brushless. Should see how things look on the dyno shortly.
  • celsius likes this
Using Tapatalk

ghostrider

ghostrider

Stage 1 Member

• 143 posts
  • Joined 07-February 14

Fore owner here going on 4 years. no complaints. never had have fueling problems. 3582 turbos, 30s before then. Drag racing only, i can see having an issue on the road course below 1/4 tank. The asnu battleship (newest one) seems to utilize the oem sump. 12 inj is way overkill. take that cash and get a kaps controller instead.

~Dv8

On your fore setup,how loud are the pumps compared to stock? also how much fuel in tank is needed so not to cause any starvation issues?

V8killer

V8killer

Stage 2 Member

• 201 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14
I have the fore triple you definitely hear it humming on ignition but once started you don't hear it over exhaust. Also ran it down to 1/8 and lower on the gauge but that was in between fills and just cruising to fill up.

Edited by V8killer, Yesterday, 03:25 PM.

• celsius likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users