Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doug @ weapons grade performance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

twistforce

twistforce

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 30-October 17
  • LocationWA
I came to Doug with a self induced transmission failure, having attended my first and last Drift School event. R,R,Off mode burnt out the ETS unit. Don't do it! Nissan denied my transmission warranty claim and then kindly offered to replace the entire transmission at my cost.

I rang around a few places wasn't thrilled and then decided to reach out to Doug@wgp on here. I read a bunch of his reviews and kinda expected to be disappointed, there is only so much smoke you can blow up one guys arse right? The rest has to be BS? Well I urge you to call him or have him call you, you'll realize instantly that this guy is the person Tony Robbins has been telling you for years that you too can be if you quit your shitty corporate office job and "follow you passion". He knows more about GT-R's (and whatever car you may of cross-shopped too) than anyone really needs too, he loves them, which as a customer is wonderfully confidence inspiring!

So what did he do for me? well he gave me choices to start with, and talked me through the pros and cons; take the ETS unit out, have Shep repair it, put it back in, or source another tranny and handover mine as a core swap, or ship my tranny to shep, let Shep fix it and ship it back.

We sourced another tranny because it was the quickest route, and Doug kept my broken tranny, billing me just for the ETS unit that he will then fix at his own convenience.

Of course while it's in the shop it would of been rude not to explore how to turn a shitty situation around, so we chatted for a while about first step modifications that would enhance the car, while not forcing my family onto a Top Ramen diet. I picked up a hks tranny cooler (which he price matched) because I do some road course lapping events throughout the year and am frustrated by the inadequate stock cooling capabilities, also custom tune, tcm tune, intakes and injectors. I already have a mid pipe.

It's this last point that really highlights who Doug is. When I picked the car up it just had his starter file loaded. In a rush to a meeting I didn't have time to finalize the map there and then, but i shot Doug a text letting him know as I drive away I was seeing ecutek flash the service light indicating knock. I finished up at 6:45pm, I don't have a Windows laptop so I can't flash etune revisions myself, but rather than leave me hanging until tomorrow's business hours, unable to enjoy my new horses that same night, Doug had drive over to his house (30 mins away) where he spent the next hour dialing in my car! Yes, I totally could of waited till the next day, I but he literally wanted me to experience the full benefits of my newly modified GTR that same night, even if I would only drive it for an hour.... at that point it felt less like a customer:business relationship and more like 1 really knowledgeable car guy going out of his way to help a less knowledgeable car guy fix his Godzilla.

Thank you, Doug! My car is a beast, your work is quality, your costs are competitive, and it's great to know I can reach out to you and get your input anytime!

Attached Files

Edited by twistforce, 10 January 2018 - 12:33 AM.

• Tim, celsius, Enshiu and 1 other like this
2015 GT-R Premium
---------------------------------------------------
Ecutek custom tune | GotBoost 3" intakes | Outwear pre-filters | SD conversion kit | ID1000 injectors | SBD 90mm downpipes | SBD 90mm mid-pipe | HKS transmission cooler | Dodson GR6 fluid | Girodisc 395x34 + 380x30 slotted rotors | Endless MX72 pads | MPS4 tires

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,668 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Great to meet you and thanks for the great review!

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

twistforce

twistforce

Stock

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 30-October 17
  • LocationWA
Ok so Doug installed the injectors, intake and new tune wholly $#@& this car is no joke!!!!! It's just so intense in the way it gathers speed. I've had a lot of tuned cars, and it's always night and day if it's done right, and I've experienced many other very fast cars but this, its just something else.

Again thanks WGP, expectations have been exceeded!

The only thing left for the car right now is to quiet the HKS transmission cooler down. It works great but as others have reported, oil being pumped through the hard lines resonates a whine sound into the cabin, it's not terrible but sleeving the lines is the known fix it.
  • Tim and 7racer like this
2015 GT-R Premium
---------------------------------------------------
Ecutek custom tune | GotBoost 3" intakes | Outwear pre-filters | SD conversion kit | ID1000 injectors | SBD 90mm downpipes | SBD 90mm mid-pipe | HKS transmission cooler | Dodson GR6 fluid | Girodisc 395x34 + 380x30 slotted rotors | Endless MX72 pads | MPS4 tires

celsius

celsius

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Great review! I’ve also been pleased with Doug’s service!
  • Doug@WGP likes this

WGP BUILT:

- TSM (Racing SB), WGP CNC heads, TSM Elite+ Turbos, T1R Oil Pan, T1R pulley, BL Catchcan, 12inj Curt Brown ported manifold

- T1R F750 Fuel Filter

- ETS RACE FMIC

- ETS RACE DPs

- ETS RACE Exhaust

- BL 3.5" intakes

- FORE Innovations Tripple 485's w/ Visconti Hardwire & FP monitor

- Shep Trans (OneK w/Drag Pack & Dodson Extreme gears & DSS Pro Axels w/ARP studs)

- KAPs AWD controller

- CCM Rotors by WGP w/ Pagid RSC 1 pads

- COBB AP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users