Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM ELITE Plus ... Always Moving Forward!!!

* * * * * 1 votes topspeed tsm elite elite topspeed motorsports sheptrans cobb tuning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

I try to never stop pushing the limits and innovating with our company and product.  While the ELITE Plus turbos are still the top dog when it comes to the stock manifold category I wanted to keep trying new things. 

Thankfully I have awesome customers and was able to hook a good client up with an “upgrade” during his recent ELITE build. 

This customer from FL came to us originally I think about a year ago and received a stock engine ELITE build.  He enjoyed that build for the last year to it’s fullest.  He did several half mile events going 170mph on the stock engine as well as lots of drag racing.  His best bing a 9.70@143 stock engine on 18s.  Needless to say this guy uses his car. 

So after his most recent event he decided it was time for more power.  We settled on an ELITE Plus build utilizing our 3.8 Race engine which includes a billet crank and quite a few other little goodies.   Being a heavy drag racer as well as half mile attendant he wanted to be sure to have the parts that would take the abuse.  Plus I think he is secretly super rich (LOL! just kidding)

So the car was scheduled and dropped off the last week of October with  “no rush” instruction as his first event wasn’t tell the WGF race at the end of January.    However the way the schedule worked it didn’t take long before she was under the knife.  About mid build I received some prototype parts for a version of the ELITE that I wanted to try.  After a phone call with the customer he was extremely excited to have me test out the version on his build. 

I was quite confident that this small change would make a little more power, but I wasn’t sure if it would come with any ill effects.  I mean… I was pretty sure, but you never know something 100% until you try. 

The build itself is a carbon copy of all of the ELITE builds as far as supporting mods.  The mod list includes.

-TSM 3.8 (race or street)
-TSM Level1 Heads

-TSM Catch Can System
-GSC custom cams
-ID1700cc Injectors
-Fore Triple Pump
-Race Style Intercooler (ETS Usually)
-4” Exhaust (ETS Usually)
-ShepTrans 1k (Usually Drag)
-Cobb or ECUTEK (usually Cobb)
-Obviously ELITE Turbos

There is for sure some secret sauce in these cars when we build them completely in house. We ship these turbos all over the world and they have performed flawlessly which I am very proud of… but when they are built here we have specific head work and cams along with exhaust modifications and other things that we do to give just just that little bit extra. 

However in this case we were looking to break well into the 1300hp range which we had yet to be able to do with any Plus build.   While the gains shown below aren’t anything earth shattering they are substantial, especially given that we didn’t give anything up to get them.  No loss in spool, no excess surging or anything of the sort… they just made power easier.   Which I am pretty excited about.

I am really really excited to see this customer use this car and see what we can get out of these in real world.  As we all know ..the TRACK talks.. everything else can take a back seat! 

Jan, we appreciate the business and loyalty over the years very very much!  Thank you for entrusting us with your car, money and time!  We can’t wait to support you for many more years to come!

P.S. As I’m sure I will get a lot of questions.. I am still deciding how I want to product these, or if I want to product them.  They will for sure require a billet crank engine which ups the cost of the build, they cost me more to make and they only make 40 more HP all in.  Also, they are not as class friendly in some of the major events given they are a little bigger than the standard ELITE turbos.  So I might offer them as special order only.  I am deciding that right now.

As always please ask any questions you have!  Thanks for all the support!

JanBELITEPlusPlus_zpsqqsofsx0.jpg

JanB-1_zpsjtgp7xo7.jpg

JanELITEPlus-1_zpsujhab0xk.jpg

JanELITEPlus-2_zpsclofrwr3.jpg

JanELITEPlus-3_zpsqcam95up.jpg

• Tim, celsius, 7racer and 5 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.82@179
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

JimmyGtrmemphis

JimmyGtrmemphis

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 18-March 13

TSM rock!  Stronger and stronger..That car suppose to be black CBA  :(..jkd :D

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

Man,

This is super cool! I cant wait to see what she does on WGF Florida, it will be interesting!

With all the shit that is going around lately, Im glad some people are getting their money worth with extra goodies and happiness!

• Mattson likes this

Maniphanh

Maniphanh

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 04-November 17

So does this mean for other shops to install Elite++ :) without trying really hard still gets 1300whp? Obviously with TSM special sauce you would get well over 1300whp 

• celsius and mikelmarion like this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

So does this mean for other shops to install Elite++ :) without trying really hard still gets 1300whp? Obviously with TSM special sauce you would get well over 1300whp

Depends on the shop and tuner but it will be easier on them.

However I doubt these will be a shapable item for a while.
  • celsius and mikelmarion like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 2 Member

• 240 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

any updates?

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,119 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

any updates?

There really weren't any updates to come.  I will make this option if someone wants it, I'm not going to stock them simply because they are on the edge of where the turbo surges and makes perfect drivability very hard to accomplish. 

• celsius likes this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

stuntr1

stuntr1

Stock

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 05-March 17

Cicio, Ive noticed that you tend to run ID1700s and Fore tripples on your Elite+ turbos, What kind of base fuel pressure do you run for these 1700s to keep up at that HP?

• Mattson likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: topspeed, tsm elite, elite, topspeed motorsports, sheptrans, cobb tuning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users