Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Driving shoes...other than Puma and Piloti

- - - - - akin gear driving shoes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

not sure how I found this but I liked the black shoe!

super comfy and not too narrow like Puma's

I usually wear a euro 40 but 40.5 fit better

and...right now there is a Black Friday sale.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 8.01.45 PM.png

https://akingear.com...driving-sneaker

• Tranisml, Dan_585, chkana.1974cawN and 1 other like this

In7anity!!

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,606 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Making me spend money!
  • 7racer likes this

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

I like my full height Sparcos, blue suede shoes

• elf_cruiser likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,922 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Ditto on Sparcos, I have their Formula series racing shoe and they are so damn comfortable I’ve worn them to work a few times. I can easily wear them all day long when we are at the track and I don’t get sore feet.
  • descartesfool likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I like my full height Sparcos, blue suede shoes

Ditto on Sparcos, I have their Formula series racing shoe and they are so damn comfortable I’ve worn them to work a few times. I can easily wear them all day long when we are at the track and I don’t get sore feet.

what?  you guys only have one pair of driving shoes?!?!

you have to accessorize for any occasion!

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,922 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

what? you guys only have one pair of driving shoes?!?!

you have to accessorize for any occasion!

Hahaha! Hey man, some of us can only afford one race outfit. Suit, helmet, socks, shoes, etc - easily a $2k suit. Hugo Boss can suck it, Sparco is way more expensive!
  • destroid and 7racer like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,058 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I like these:

SIM-27100BK_ml.jpg

Simple, cheap, and effective.

Shawn

• forty-two and 7racer like this

Tim1137

Tim1137

Stage 2 Member

• 226 posts
  • Joined 04-January 16
  • LocationSomerset MA

I have a pair of Sparcos that I am absolutely IN LOVE with! I actually wear them out ocassionally too lol. I ordered them through my distributor a couple years ago on Black Friday they were only like 80 bucks If I remember correctly.

spa_pitlane-blk-w_11.jpg

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,606 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Wore these to work today and are on-par comfort wise with my sparcos

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

IM so limited for shoes =( curse my size 16 feet.

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,606 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
If anyone wants 10% off - use code AKINFriend

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18
c795efb84afff8de394f21f7d5a5cce7.jpg plenty to choose from - Alpinestars advocate here
  • 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

c795efb84afff8de394f21f7d5a5cce7.jpg plenty to choose from - Alpinestars advocate here

thats some hard core track gear use!

have you tried the sparco one that seems to stay cooler in the heat?  it gets HOT here in Texas

• Decz11 likes this

In7anity!!

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,625 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Had a pair of Sparcos and they were great but only lasted for one season  :( not too durable. 

Decz11

Decz11

Stock

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 27-April 18

thats some hard core track gear use!

have you tried the sparco one that seems to stay cooler in the heat? it gets HOT here in Texas

Racing you have to have circulation of pairs as you need the finesse and feel especially in an open wheel pedal box where the controls are very small. I usually am a US 9.5-10 but i order US 7.5 for racing boots. So you rotate through several pairs at a time to wear them in to mould to your feet etc, some also feel different from others even though they all come from A-Stars tech z1 range so i have some that i wear more frequantly than others.
Same goes with gloves i have about 4 pairs.
About $15k AUD in that piccy all up

In Australia its obviously dry and Arid like texas,
Cool under suits are widely used, but racing Open Wheelers mainly there is no need as slightly more airflow and there is no where to run a cool ice box to run the systems( +added weight)
We have lots of problems with them failing too here with extreme temps - so instead of pumping cold water around your body, they absorb your body heat and end up circulating 45c temp water around an already fully enclosed body = not good.
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,922 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Great post Decz - we race in 100+ deg F on occasion here in Arizona and those are brutal days. I have looked into the coolshirt sytems but haven’t quite decided what to get. They also make a cool balaclava which looked really interesting. Cool the head, cool the body.

Edited by elf_cruiser, 12 May 2018 - 12:56 PM.

• 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Great post Decz - we race in 100+ deg F on occasion here in Arizona and those are brutal days. I have looked into the coolshirt sytems but haven’t quite decided what to get. They also make a cool balaclava which looked really interesting. Cool the head, cool the body.

I have the cooling shirt that I like a lot and the soft sided cool box making it easier to store.

I love it a lot. I can get it to last almost the whole day. There are tricks posted in line. Basically you want to freeze a big cube of ice. Ice cubes melt to fast.

There is this suit made with Hocotex. One layer suit with 3 layer protection but cooler than most suits

Anyone try it?

https://store.windin...suit-p2665.aspx
  • Tim and elf_cruiser like this

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users