Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wisefab front and rear suspension tested by Lyfe motorsports

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
I was wondering what everyone thought of the new Wisefab front and rear suspension pieces.

I like how you can adjust the motion ratio, but can’t see how they do it on the front piece.

Also not sure what the changed on the rear suspension....

Thoughts?

*yes I am wondering because there is a Black Friday deal :P

5a8467f3464583ffc29202bb8abc80d9.jpg

d8c4048c3a27e43e45626236464be91d.jpg
  • thehelix112, choerizo and mikelmarion like this

In7anity!!

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Adjustable front motion ratio. Motion ratio can be changed by changing shock position on arm.It can be done quickly and has the effect as changing springrate. So understeer/oversteer can be changed in a few minutes

r35-front.jpg

• celsius and mikelmarion like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Woh custom fromt uprights? Do they fit 12s? :-)
  • mikelmarion likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Lol I don’t think so, they didn’t change that so probably stock fitment but can ask to be sure

About the motion ratio, it looks like there is just one mount point for the shock!?

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
That is impressive that it's that price. Makes the brypar ones look incredibly overpriced....
  • mikelmarion likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Lol I don’t think so, they didn’t change that so probably stock fitment but can ask to be sure

About the motion ratio, it looks like there is just one mount point for the shock!?

hard to tell from that photo, but it looks like there's a bolt peeking down below the control arm. I wonder if that allows the whole bottom mount point to slide in/out.

• 7racer and mikelmarion like this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

they dont. i asked them on facebook.  The real question is if this stuff can be bolted to the Brypar uprights. There is also a quicker steering Ratio.  I think they fixed the rear end problem with all Gtr's also

• thehelix112 likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

they dont. i asked them on facebook.  The real question is if this stuff can be bolted to the Brypar uprights. There is also a quicker steering Ratio.  I think they fixed the rear end problem with all Gtr's also

it should bolt to the Brypar...mount point is the same.  I sent them an email to see what the cost would be without the upright and UCA...

In7anity!!

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

it should bolt to the Brypar...mount point is the same.  I sent them an email to see what the cost would be without the upright and UCA...

They told me its a set. The uprights come with the front set

• 7racer likes this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

I also asked them about the rumored rear Steering they were supposedly working on for this platform. No answer to that one lol  

• 7racer likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

They told me its a set. The uprights come with the front set

ugh

someone want a pair of wisefab uprights?? LOL

• mikelmarion likes this

In7anity!!

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

ugh

have you fitted the bp uprights yet?  

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,398 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13

ugh

Are they lighter than stock? Any other advantages? Can I fit a wider front like 11” so I can run 315 R888 square?

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Are they lighter than stock? Any other advantages? Can I fit a wider front like 11” so I can run 315 R888 square?

no idea..but you should by them from me...with a 2x GTR tax  :P

In7anity!!

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,398 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13

no idea..but you should by them from me...with a 2x GTR tax :P

Take it out of the $400 :P

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

have you fitted the bp uprights yet?  

not yet...still in Australia finishing the anodizing etc...should be soon!

• mikelmarion likes this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

looking at the pictures for the LCA to upright mount doesnt look like they would fit stock nor the brypar upright.  I sent a note to Peter to double check but it looks like the fronts are out.

Might order the rears though

• mikelmarion likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
The rears look way more interesting to me, the adjustable toe and traction arm mounts would be awesome to make geometry adjustments. I may have to try these out eventually!
  • mikelmarion likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

The rears look way more interesting to me, the adjustable toe and traction arm mounts would be awesome to make geometry adjustments. I may have to try these out eventually!

I like the idea of changing the motion ratio easily for the fronts!

what are you seeing on the geometry for the rear?!?  can you educate me?

• mikelmarion likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

I like the idea of changing the motion ratio easily for the fronts!

what are you seeing on the geometry for the rear?!? can you educate me?

Sure dude, circled in Blue is the mount point for the toe arm. See how there are two locations? On a lowered car you would use the lower location which flattens the toe arm back to level. That, in turn flattens out the arc that it travels on, so you get less toe change during wheel travel.

Circled in Green is the upper control arm mount, and again there are 2 locations. The lower location is the choice for lowered cars. This brings the upper control arm back to its factory angle and preserves the factory camber gain/curve as well as the factory Instant Center and Roll Center. This is something that has been discussed at length on lowered GT-R’s. The Roll Center is lowered to the point where the rear of the car exhibits ‘pro roll’ instead of ‘anti roll’, in other words the geometry is causing excessive body roll rather than fighting against it.

Circled in Red is the traction arm mount. This is where torque from the wheel is ultimately delivered to the chassis and propels the car forward. The stock angle of that arm is a bit too high IMO, and results in a bit too much anti-squat which takes away traction from the rear tire. An anti-squat value above 100% will lift the rear suspension during acceleration, and that takes grip away from the rear tire. Notice the little chrome spacers in the pic? These are used to adjust the mounting height of the traction arm and adjust the angle. It would be awesome to try different settings and see how the car performs at low speed corner exit.

All in all, I just really like the adjustability that they built in. It’s a brillient way to make changes without having to carve up and weld new mounting points on the chassis/subframe/etc.

Attached Images

• D649B546-F042-4761-8603-40EAC57E8CCC.jpeg

Edited by elf_cruiser, 24 November 2017 - 06:40 PM.

• 7racer, thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users