Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM Built Pro1700 goes 219.5mph @WannaGoFAST 1/2 Mile

- - - - - tsm built tsm supported topspeed ets pro1700 half mile

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

So as you guys know the Pro1700 turbo kit by ETS is a fairly new release.  We helped them through the process of designing the combination by testing several different setups to ultimately come to the kit as it is now.  Frankly on the street it is the most impressive kit I have driven over 1500hp by far! It takes a proper build to support as it makes a good amount of power/torque.  Doing a Pro1700 and trying to cheap out on key components is going to get you in trouble quick. 

However, while the dyno graph tells me the cars should be really fast, and my butt dyno agrees with that… we have not actually done the amount of real world testing I would have liked to in order to substantiate the power claims.  Many of you that know me know that I’m not big on talking when you don’t have real world data to back it up.   In the months that the kit has been out the moons just haven’t aligned for us to get one of the cars to an event… Until now!

This past weekend we were able to take a TSM Built 4.1 Stroker Pro1700 to the Dallas WGF event and give her a run!   The car is owned by Javid Khan and features our Race 4.1 with Level 3 heads and obviously the Pro1700.  There were for sure no corners cut on this build and I must say it is one of the more street based builds we have done in a long time.  Full exhaust with  no cut outs, full stock interior down to the seats, 20” wheels and all.  It is a beautiful car that is as comfortable to drive on the street as any GT-R I have ever been in.   I will do a full thread on the build/car at some point when I have the time so I won’t babble on about that part too much here. 

If I’m being honest I was hopping the car would go 212mph!  I set Javid the customer up by telling him that we would for sure get a 208 out of her and do our best to crack 210mph.  Now I’m the king of underselling and over delivering which is why I’m being honest in saying if we didn’t go 212 I would have been pissed.

There were several unknowns about the car given that it came in failed form another shop and frankly we had already fought some pretty ugly gremlins.  I’m not gonna go any deeper into that mess tho so please don’t ask lol.   Normally we would have come out swinging a little harder but for safety we decided to “ease” into it.  The first pass off the truck was at 28psi (basically just a little over gate) I text Taylor my tuner during the braking zone “borrrrinnnggg”  LMAO!  I was surprised to find out that even that pass was 191mph.

Looking through the data everything looked in order so pass #2 I had him turn it up to 35psi and put some torque in the first 3 gears since it was stuck like glue on the first pass.   The second pass felt good but I could feel the car fall over pretty hard on the 5-6 shift which is super important in the half mile.   202mph was the result of that pass which is about what I expected after feeling it.   Taylor and I pulled the data and sure enough the boost ramp in 6th wasn’t quite aggressive enough so it fell to 27psi on the 5-6 shift which just killed it.  Easy fix and everything else looked great! 

Me:
Ok, enough screwing around!  Push a little timing, fix the 5-6 boost curve and turn this thing up to 42psi …. lets see what she’s got!  Oh.. and Make the car spin a little for Pete’s sake!  Throw power in 3rd it will take it! 

Taylor:
Now we are talking!

You have to remember we are used to just ALL in!  If we tune a car to 45psi on the dyno, it makes its first pass at 45psi usually LOL!  This inching pass by pass just ins’t our style.

In my mind this was gonna be close to our 210mph pass.  From the data these changes were going to get us to where I wanted to be but we still weren’t leaning on the car.   This pass actually felt pretty quick!  Came through third with a little tiny bit of wheel spin then just hooked and went!  We were on a pass!  Still very drama free… during breaking I turned the stereo back on and hit the AC…checked everything on the Motec dash which showed a happy car and drove to the timing tent!  213mph!!! Holy Crap!  That is a lot of jam for a full weight street car, through a full exhaust running a very compact setup. 

Back to the pits the team was feeling the same way I was!  Accomplished!  We had met our goals and felt great about it not only for us but also for the guys at ETS and the customer! 

Well… we thought we were gonna call it… BUT!  After Taylor pulled the data it really showed that the car was super happy and not being pushed.  IATs were low, timing was still considerably back of what I was comfortable running and it made 41-42psi which I thought maybe it had overshot after seeing the slip…  but was wrong!   Well crap!  TURN IT UP!!! 

Talked through it with Taylor and my team, we all decided to go for 215!  I was honestly skeptical that small changes were going to pick up much at this point since the car was for sure making all of 1700whp on the 213 pass and I didn’t think there was much left in the turbos.  I told Taylor to aim for 47psi and we would see if they would make it.  Also we changed some of the shifting to get a few more hundred RPM and fed it even more timing which we knew she wanted.   Keep in mind this is through a full exhaust with no cutout which when you are running to the top of 6th makes a pretty big difference.  Few more little tweaks and I strapped in for what we were hoping was going to be a 215 pass.

Ok so I must say this pass felt fast!  LOL!  Still felt extremely straight and solid, very very controllable but you could tell the car was eating! We had changed some of the settings on the C125 dash in the console so I was actually watching the vitals a little too much.  If any of you have seen that video on FB I had no idea I was looking at data for that long!  But the car was going straight so it was all good :)  Crossing the line my thoughts were “I think that is 215+ I really do… how cool would it be if it destroyed the 215 and went 217 or something crazy like that??”

To the timing tent I go, pull up and the guy yells out “Holy Shit! you just went 219.5mph!!!!    ....... WHAT?  Holy Hell!!!

I was totally wrong… the turbos LOVED the extra boost! IATs stayed in check, they made all of 45-46psi and just ate up all the other changes!  It was perfect!

So that is a really long story to tell you that we made 4 passes, 191, 202, 213, and 219.5mph!!!!

The Pro1700 is in my mind the best all around kit over 1500hp you can buy!  If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.  As I said there will be a full build thread and blog written on this car in the next week or so but if you have build questions I can answer them here too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded 4 passes :)  I hope you guys enjoyed it.  I know we did!

Congrats Javid!  Your car is a complete street monster!!

Here is a little tach video for you guys of the 219.5mph pass.

• Tim, celsius, HiBoost and 7 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

celsius

celsius

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 420 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Just insane! Congratulations TSM & ETS!🤙🏼

TSM Elite Prime (4125lbs w/Audiophile sound / AC, etc.)

1426 AWHP

8.75 @ 163MPH Tx2k19

190MPH Roll Race @ Tx2k19

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

hey Cicio! what fuel setup are you running on this???

In7anity!!

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
Man that’s insane!!! She will break 220 for sure!!

Can’t wait until it’s my turn

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

hey Cicio! what fuel setup are you running on this???

Fore Triple and 12 ID1700s

I will say that we didn't have enough fuel to run E98 once we turned it up.  The car would need 6 ID2000s if you wanted to do that.  But cutting it to E85 with some race gas we had plenty of fuel left. 

• 7racer and Steve Theodore like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

Seeing this thing run in person was a treat.   Reading Cicio’s recap and its dead on… the most impressive thing to me is how absolutely simple these passes appeared.  SO FREAKING SMOOTH.    Quick little change of the tune, let the car cool a tad, and back out for another pass… nothing else was touched, just absolutely effortless.

I had a white GTR,  this GTR puts my GTR to shame, nothing is left untouched, its just such a great looking car in person.  Javid should be proud of what he created.

This solidified my thoughts that the Pro1700 may be the go to ‘big’ power kit.  Completely streetable and clearly a bullet down the ½ mile.  No doubt in my mind that this car could produce a 7 second pass without too much effort.   If I ever end up back into the GTR scene I think I’d go with this build… its funny, my 1300whp TSM Elite Plus was absolutely perfect, the builds are so seamless and the end product is so great on the road it almost leaves you wanting a little more drama on acceleration, I think that’s a testament to 1. TSM creating an awesome built, and 2 the GTR platform just being able to handle power so damn well.

Congrats on the great run and amazing build.

• 7racer likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,461 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Man y’all and ETS is killing it :)
  • Cicio@TSM, Blkonblk88 and ghostrider like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 3 Member

• 364 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

4.1L love it. How about a 4.4L and better?

Edited by jdmrb1, 02 December 2017 - 02:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsm built, tsm supported, topspeed, ets, pro1700, half mile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users