Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Life Motorsports brake failure

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

surprised no one posted on this!

nice article

I didn't know Lyfe was still campaigning their car!

Wish they would post back their updates.

2017-Speed-Ring-Lyfe-Motorsports-GT-R-Crash-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-4.jpg

http://www.speedhunt...ure-looks-like/

• choerizo likes this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,922 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Noooooooo!
Oh man that is nuts! I’m glad that Cole was unharmed and I’m sure they will have it back up and running asap!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

Happy he's safe.

With all the hype, cool pictures, press releases, etc... I expected this car to really crush the competition. However, it seems that it's been underwhelming "just ok". Am I seeing it wrong?

Edited by Evolunchbox, 03 November 2017 - 07:24 AM.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,155 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Happy he's safe.

With all the hype, cool pictures, press releases, etc... I expected this car to really crush the competition. However, it seems that it's been underwhelming "just ok". Am I seeing it wrong?

Nope.

The car barely beat the hks GTR, and if you look at then side by side, one is a gutted all our race car, and the other looks like a lightly modified street car.

Dave
  • 7racer and Evolunchbox like this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

That's too bad. :(

Though it sounds like a line or coupler probably failed, anyone know what brakes they were running?

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,058 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

That's too bad. :(

Though it sounds like a line or coupler probably failed, anyone know what brakes they were running?

OEM according to this...

https://www.amsperfo...otorsport-gt-r/

Shawn

• forty-two likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,580 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Nope.

The car barely beat the hks GTR, and if you look at then side by side, one is a gutted all our race car, and the other looks like a lightly modified street car.

Dave

I didn't know that.  Why so slow?  are they RWD only?

• Tim likes this

In7anity!!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,058 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I didn't know that.  Why so slow?  are they RWD only?

I hate to be captain obvious, but it's because the Mizuno-san formula is such a well engineered car to begin with.  It takes tons and tons of money and engineering to "fix" what the Nissan team didn't get "perfect" - which isn't much.  HKS, Mine's, Jun, etc. have always stuck to a "what ain't broke don't fix" it attitude.  So they lost, but as pointed out, their car is a lightly modded street car.

It's the reason I get to drive to the track in air conditioned comfort, while the trailer queen roll cage brigade used to NEVER beat me, and now just BARELY do.

Shawn

• Tim and thehelix112 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users