Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EcuteK Phase 6 released

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Ben

Ben

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 15-March 13

More cool software updates from Ecutek

22788871_10159708795615195_8302018668653

http://mailchi.mp/gt...ensors-and-more

• ian.r, 7racer and thehelix112 like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Wow that's a lot of stuff! Super cool.

Can it do my request to flip to a different map by pressing a steering wheel button ("mark" maybe
) and then flip back when the brake is depressed? The idea is a push to pass feature.

Dave
  • 7racer and VR_power like this

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 932 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15
Scramble boost feature like the JDM Spec-V R35. We already have the scramble boost light in our gauge cluster if you look carefully. Let’s see someone finally put it to use.

Maybe 20-25 seconds of a couple additional psi.

(Correction) US CBA don’t have the overboost light but DBA May have it if you guys want to check. Euro and JDM clusters already have it. Also years ago Visconti had told me that the functionality of the overboost button can be activated by your tuner if they choose. I’m not sure if he said it required ta jdm ecu but I think not if you have Ecutek.

14534AFB-4597-43B6-B973-7AC14D0A3564.jpeg
DFAA4D33-BA4A-439A-8717-CFD117239F15.jpeg
024134D7-B16A-4FA4-ABE5-7C03D81B181E.png

The overboost function on a Spec-V is activated by pressing the cruise control button up for a couple seconds while the cruise control is off. Overboost lasts for 80 seconds on oem setting.

Edited by VR_power, 28 October 2017 - 10:59 PM.

• 7racer, thehelix112 and Steve Theodore like this

Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 21-March 13
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

POPULAR

Overboost is useless if you're already running all the boost 😀
  • ATL_GT-R, celsius, Doug@WGP and 2 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
That'd be the point though, to run a lowered boost map for the twisty parts of a road course, with reasonably conservative boost by gear and tuned for a dead flat curve, and then be able to open it up down a straight.

Dave
  • VR_power likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

That'd be the point though, to run a lowered boost map for the twisty parts of a road course, with reasonably conservative boost by gear and tuned for a dead flat curve, and then be able to open it up down a straight.

Dave

I use to think that to but with COBB and ECUTEk Yiu can really control boost by gear. So most of the twisty stuff it’s in a lower gear and you can tune it for less boost. and then opposite for the straight.

My tuner plans to do extensive track tuning. I’ll ask him if it’s beneficial to do.

On my COBB I did have a scramble boost button that would give me couple more psi that I could hit later on a drag to keep the wheels from spinning. So same thing. But with the power newer turbos make it never seemed necessary on the track.
  • Tim, thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Dave

Going back a few years Ecutek allows you to adjust boost on-the-fly with the cruise control toggle. Not changing maps, just changing boost. I have used that at the track exactly how you described - I was forced to run a lower boost in order to pass a sound meter - then turn it back up on the next straight! It’s only one more thing to remember each lap - in addition to the hundreds of shifting, braking, throttle, and steering points!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Going back a few years Ecutek allows you to adjust boost on-the-fly with the cruise control toggle. Not changing maps, just changing boost. I have used that at the track exactly how you described - I was forced to run a lower boost in order to pass a sound meter - then turn it back up on the next straight! It’s only one more thing to remember each lap - in addition to the hundreds of shifting, braking, throttle, and steering points!

Is that complicated to use? The reason I want the functionality the way I described is precisely because of what you said. There is always lots going on and I don't want another 3 things to remember... ;-)

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 932 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15
I’d be interested seeing it used as a nitrous or methanol injection indicator, when the system is activated the overboost light would come on. This way you have your pump gas tune and drive around that way most times, but when needed you active the overboost (meth inj) and get a 30+ second jump in peak boost that you run on the base map. Same idea can be used for nitrous.

Edited by VR_power, 30 October 2017 - 01:29 AM.

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Just checked and there is the overboost light on the dash in my '14 BE. Cool.
  • Tim, 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Just checked and there is the overboost light on the dash in my '14 BE. Cool.

Where at??

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Top far right. Super hard to see, I had to shine a flashlight at it for a minute
  • 7racer likes this

VR_power

VR_power

Stage 4 Member

• 932 posts
  • Joined 05-January 15

Where at??

Look at the pics I posted above, US CBA don’t have it but everyone else should have it there I believe
  • 7racer likes this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Is that complicated to use? The reason I want the functionality the way I described is precisely because of what you said. There is always lots going on and I don't want another 3 things to remember... ;-)

Not at all. You know the cruise ctrl accel/decel toggle? That’s it - toggle up for more boost and down for less boost. Only works when cruise ctrl is OFF.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Not at all. You know the cruise ctrl accel/decel toggle? That’s it - toggle up for more boost and down for less boost. Only works when cruise ctrl is OFF.

Honestly thats not idiotproof enough for me. I want it to drop to safe map soon as I touch the brakes ideally...

Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

Stage 4 Member

• 433 posts
  • Joined 23-November 14
  • LocationNorth Bend, WA

Even I'm getting in on the ECUTEK Phase 6 fun, thanks to a nice Black Friday sale from Linney I couldn't pass up.  :)

• 7racer likes this

Steve Theodore

2014 Nissan GT-R

- Kline Inconel grade 625 full exhaust, ForgeLine GA1R Open-Lug Cap wheels

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

- SharkWerks exhaust bypass, lots of OEM goodness

1993.5 Toyota Supra TT hardtop

- TwinsTurbo build, BW EFR 7163 twins, 1175 whp

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Even I'm getting in on the ECUTEK Phase 6 fun, thanks to a nice Black Friday sale from Linney I couldn't pass up.  :)

good seeing you Steve!

• Steve Theodore likes this

In7anity!!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Cool. Let us know how it goes!
  • Steve Theodore likes this

Steve Theodore

Steve Theodore

Stage 4 Member

• 433 posts
  • Joined 23-November 14
  • LocationNorth Bend, WA

good seeing you Steve!

Same here old buddy...please check out my reply on your Kline exhaust thread as I imagine you might enjoy it!  :)

Cool. Let us know how it goes!

Will do, and thanks.  Don't hope for too much as I'm still on stock downpipes, intakes, and injectors...so it's a very small power mod.  But, I sure love this car, and will mark 3 years with it next month.

• 7racer likes this

Steve Theodore

2014 Nissan GT-R

- Kline Inconel grade 625 full exhaust, ForgeLine GA1R Open-Lug Cap wheels

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

- SharkWerks exhaust bypass, lots of OEM goodness

1993.5 Toyota Supra TT hardtop

- TwinsTurbo build, BW EFR 7163 twins, 1175 whp

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
Nice. I just crossed my 3rd year anniversary last month. Still a freaking beast of a machine. :-)
  • 7racer, elf_cruiser and Steve Theodore like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users