1.6G at about 130mph LOL!! BEAST MODE!
You said in the video that you suspect melting a piston, will you still keep pushing the OEM block or is it time to go Billet? I know you are testing some new block strengthening material on your shop car, and it seems it has handled the abuse to 2000WHP+!
So the order of events is important to understanding why we had our little failure. Figure I'll line it out here as good as place as any.
So Friday was the very first time the car had ever been driven on the street. We put it together kinda last minute. The car came apart running the Pro1900 kit and the engine looked perfect however we were still running steel rods on that 7.59@190 pass which had me a little worried. With the Pro2100 kit I wanted to build an aluminum rod engine. So we took it apart, everything looked great. We reused all the components except the rods and put her back together. That's why it pushed the turbo kit install a little longer and gave us no test time.
That said Friday on the first pass we had a small trans problem. One of the sensors on the valve body was freaking out and reading negative voltage. Rather than pull the fluid out trackside we decided to swap in our spare. That took most the day given we did it on jack stands. We got qualified but at only 50psi of boost. (Yes I said only lol) At that point the car was showing signs of being out of fuel pump which we knew wasn't the case but thought maybe it was just making more jam than we thought.
Saturday morning we turned the car up to 55psi and ran the 206 qualifying pass. In that pass the Motec shut me down in 3rd then came right back on for a fuel pressure cut. We looked over the data and just had no time to diagnose it before the first round. We were running 1700s in the primaries so I made the call to just swap in 2000s and turn it up.
In hind sight this was of course the wrong call given that we indeed were down a pump (we have a custom quad pump setup in the car)
So as fait would have it we were up against a Lambo that qualified 11mph faster than us. As I'm not the greatest looser I told Taylor to turn off the fuel pressure warning and put a 2 second delay on the AFR warning at 14:0 ... AND to turn the bitch up to 65psi cause we weren't going down without a fight.
So that last paragraph there is where I made my mistake LOL! The car was 14:0 AFR or so about 4 seconds into the run and 1.7 second beyond that there was a hole in piston #1. The others weren't far behind. Evidently 65psi and 14:0 isn't something that pistons like... who knew hahahaha!!!
So that is a very long answer to your question... the bearings looked amazing as did the rest of the block other than that cylinder. We are assembling another one of our cast block 4.1s as I type and will hopefully be ready to test as soon as our new pistons come in about 3 weeks from now.
P.S. That was a perfect started race... side by side, and we pulled 2 cars before the failure at 187mph. We pulled him so hard that he went across the line at 211 and we still took the win. So I made the "wrong call" to keep the car in the running, but the right call to win the round LMAO!!!! That is my view point and I'm sticking to it to make myself feel better hahahaha!!!
Thanks for the support guys! She will be back out soon to prove just how awesome our cast, wet sump, A2A power house really is.