Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Brembo Rotors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 2.5 Member

• 293 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan

Anyone using the new 405 Brembo rotors? Wondering if they have any real advantages over the AP J hooks ?? Cost 1K more. 

http://www.racetechn...a?vehicle=9423 

Attached Images

• brembo-2-piece-disc-380x34mm-slotted-type-3-med.jpg

Edited by jdmrb1, 11 October 2017 - 03:36 AM.

Tim1137

Tim1137

Stage 2 Member

• 223 posts
  • Joined 04-January 16
  • LocationSomerset MA

I have quite a few customers using them. So far they are absolutely in LOVE with them. I had a customer in California this spring actually ship his car to Germany and run the 'Ring on these, and he said that they performed fantastic. Another guy from CA as well took them out on a local track (I cant remember which one, I think Auto Club?) and gave me similar feedback, they were awesome.

Obviously the larger size has its' benefits, longer torque arm, more mass to dissipate heat, and my contact there tells me the hatch design on the rotors are very carefully engineered to aid in the brake pad grab and release characteristics. 

Do you know Mike Deeter stationed out in JP? He is running this setup from me on his car, although I'm not sure if his build is complete yet. He got in on the program I was running this Spring for the setup. I was actually going to offer up 2 more spots in the program if your seriously considering.

Here is a picture of me comparing my hand to them lol... You don't really realize just how big 405mm is until you hold it in your hand.

20375895_10154780946923513_6818348460816

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Remember you're getting the hats and the adapters for that extra 1K.  After that, costs may be less.

Also if costs are an issue, I'd suggest the regular slotted to preserve pad life, rather than the complex slots above - these are for bite not longevity.  Straight slots last the longest.

I would bet these would have few advantages over the AP's that were made for the CBA and DBA with the extra vanes.  But these are Brembo's - high high quality casting.

Shawn

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 2.5 Member

• 293 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
Tim yes I saw Michael's that's why I asked, like both setups but the Brembo's cost start approaching what some full kits are going for. FYI asked u on FB for a quote for brembos rotors only if you could. I have a stateside address in calif !

jdmrb1

jdmrb1

Stage 2.5 Member

• 293 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15
  • LocationYokohama Japan
Looks like the pad choices will drive my decision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users