Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on the Bach Admission?

- - - - - shop bach gtr build nissan

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

tg07

tg07

Stage 1 Member

• 172 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin
Great post Cicio and I agree with everything you wrote.

I was one of those that said I give him some credit for admitting his mistake. But don't take that as me respecting him or his business.

I appreciate the risk taken and time, money and heart/soul that the top shops have put into this platform. While so many on the other site cry GTR tax, I see it as you guys earning a return on massive investment. If it weren't for the top shops pushing the platform, I don't know if the GTR would even be around today.

I'm glad you shared your thoughts. Hope to be sending some business your way soon. 👍

Edited by tg07, 15 October 2017 - 10:10 AM.

• OuLikeBlueGTRs likes this

Alpha 7

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Great post Cicio and I agree with everything you wrote.

I was one of those that said I give him some credit for admitting his mistake. But don't take that as me respecting him or his business.

I appreciate the risk taken and time, money and heart/soul that the top shops have put into this platform. While so many on the other site cry GTR tax, I see it as you guys earning a return on massive investment. If it weren't for the top shops pushing the platform, I don't know if the GTR would even be around today.

I'm glad you shared your thoughts. Hope to be sending some business your way soon.

Thanks brother. I too would have given credit if he would have done it without being forced.

I have / had nothing against him.. honestly don't know much about him ... but stuff like this pushes my buttons. I am probably too invested and emotional about this industry... I need a girlfriend lol

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.594 & 189.51

-Fastest Customer @ 7.70@180

-Fastest Stock Frame Turbo GT-R In the World @ 8.14@170

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 206.4 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 218MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,666 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Thanks brother. I too would have given credit if he would have done it without being forced.

I have / had nothing against him.. honestly don't know much about him ... but stuff like this pushes my buttons. I am probably too invested and emotional about this industry... I need a girlfriend lol

Careful...
Girlfriends turn into wives. Wives consume all available time and monetary resources, thereby resulting in a drastic reduction of personal GDP. Haha!
  • Tim and Cicio@TSM like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,557 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I'll say that what bothers me most about it is the reply from the majority of the people on there.   The customer literally came in the post and said that he told Joe that if he didn't come clean about it he was going to out him.  Joe didn't do anything on his own accord, he only had a sudden case of conscious after he got caught red handed and then threatened.   He even said he continued to lie to the customer AFTER he showed up on the door step!  I mean that takes something special right there.   So how is that supposed to "earn someones respect" or "it takes a real man to admit his mistakes".  OMG give me a break. 

I work my ever loving ass off to stay in front of the curve in this industry and with my customers.  Sometimes I have to tell customers things that they don't want to hear, but I can promise I don't want to have to say them worse than they don't want to hear them... it is HARD.  Whether it is your fault or money or a supplier you just BE HONEST!!!   It is SO easy to be a cheat and take advantage at times and only the people who really have integrity won't take that opportunity.  

In my opinion this is a by product of the "cost of entry" to industry these days.   Social media  and the weight it seems to hold in our lives has made it so easy to just BAM.. become a shop!  It's complete BS and it is bad for the community.   90% of the shops in our industry would not stand a chance in business if it was 30 years ago.  They don't build anything, they don't race, they don't innovate, they don't push the envelop to better themselves and their product for their customers.  They simply troll social media and the forums for poor unsuspecting consumers that have been programed to look at all the wrong things when choosing a shop to work with.  I swear I could right a damn book on this.  

We need to go back to the marketing strategies of "Win on Sunday sell on Monday" that was the equalizer!   Aspects of the internet, paid advertising on social media, fancy videos... they have taken focus from what is real in this world of automobiles.   

Obviously that is the "gloom and doom" version.. there are positives from everything but it's just getting more and more frustration for the people out there pushing the envelop and sacrificing a great deal to do so.  

#end rant

and a great rant it is,so true!!!

Getting people to admit they were wrong now days is like asking somebody to cut off there Dick. When I was young one of the conversations I had with my dad that always stuck with me was,look somebody in the eye when talking to them,give a firm handshake and be honest. If people lie to you. You don’t want them in your life anyway.
  • Cicio@TSM, thehelix112, Autobacs and 1 other like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,785 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Careful...
Girlfriends turn into wives. Wives consume all available time and monetary resources, thereby resulting in a drastic reduction of personal GDP. Haha!

This. And then they make little versions of you and them and those suckers are even worse(I mean, better if she's reading this honey I love you).
  • Cicio@TSM and elf_cruiser like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,785 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

and a great rant it is,so true!!!

Getting people to admit they were wrong now days is like asking somebody to cut off there Dick. When I was young one of the conversations I had with my dad that always stuck with me was,look somebody in the eye when talking to them,give a firm handshake and be honest. If people lie to you. You don’t want them in your life anyway.

Good advice right there. Tis called integrity. Hard won, easily lost.

Dave
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,557 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
True words

Attached Images

• 1FB27F7F-D632-4191-BC6E-4C13576D4EEF.jpeg

tjlazer

tjlazer

Stock

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14
  • LocationTacoma, WA USA

In the new age of instant gratification and I want it now mentality!  This is what happens.  Everyone wants the car fixed/upgraded NOW because I have an event next week.  And shops are under pressure to deliver or risk losing business.  I say screw that shit!  Be up front and tell the customer the truth.  Sorry pal, your car is not going to get fixed in 5 days.  Get over it.  This is the real world!

• Tim and ian.r like this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 339 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

In the new age of instant gratification and I want it now mentality!  This is what happens.  Everyone wants the car fixed/upgraded NOW because I have an event next week.  And shops are under pressure to deliver or risk losing business.  I say screw that shit!  Be up front and tell the customer the truth.  Sorry pal, your car is not going to get fixed in 5 days.  Get over it.  This is the real world!

Yup... I learned this lesson with my GT-R tested my patience tremendously now I got flat lied to about delivery, timeline, etc. where I'd prepared and waited patiently for the time I'd been promised my diva-ness got ramped up when it was apparent it was going to be 3-4 times longer.

I remember messaging John (Shep) looking to pick a fight cause it was very apparent it wasn't going to be ready in at least another 2 months, and he calmly explained to me that DSS was on backorder for everyone whether you had a 1.5 trans or a stage5 or AMS or tiny shop. Everyone was facing delays.

I remember sitting there like, well he just flat laid it out nicely and calmly and realistically and ended up feeling like a dick. Thats how it should be done, like you said you have good guys like Shep who tell it how it is no matter where you sit on the spending chart, and lying asses who just want the cash.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,557 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
You want a honest answer...Easy just ask Shep,I ask him for advice all the time
Straight up good dude!!!

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

You want a honest answer...Easy just ask Shep,I ask him for advice all the time
Straight up good dude!!!

Truth. Shep is the man. Helped me out tremendously.

OMG RB 26

OMG RB 26

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 772 posts
  • Joined 07-May 14
  • LocationPeoria, IL

Yup... I learned this lesson with my GT-R tested my patience tremendously now I got flat lied to about delivery, timeline, etc. where I'd prepared and waited patiently for the time I'd been promised my diva-ness got ramped up when it was apparent it was going to be 3-4 times longer.

I remember messaging John (Shep) looking to pick a fight cause it was very apparent it wasn't going to be ready in at least another 2 months, and he calmly explained to me that DSS was on backorder for everyone whether you had a 1.5 trans or a stage5 or AMS or tiny shop. Everyone was facing delays.

I remember sitting there like, well he just flat laid it out nicely and calmly and realistically and ended up feeling like a dick. Thats how it should be done, like you said you have good guys like Shep who tell it how it is no matter where you sit on the spending chart, and lying asses who just want the cash.

There is a bit of a difference between John's business and what Bach (or even myself) do. If John says sorry your transmission is #30 in the queue - you'll just wait because you want it done by him.

If Joe says I can't get that done in a week - most likely the customer will just go to someone who will tell him they can get it done in a week. And then you've possibly lost the customer forever. Is it worth over-extending your resources to retain a customer? Not really - but it is a difficult situation to be in. 

I've had plenty of times someone messages me asking "can you get this done by this weekend for a race, event, show..whatever" and I just have to decline because I don't want the stress or risk the quality of a job

• Tim, tg07 and impreziv1 like this

Andy - West Peoria Performance

Affordable GTR Modification, Fabrication, & Tuning

1990 300ZX w/RB26 - 770rwhp - 10.2 @ 143
2009 GTR - Self Built 3.8, Elite Plus, E85 - 8.8@160

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,557 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
I want to add the guy that got Bach to apologize about this event Barry Berger has almost came to a resolution with him over it. I’m happy for him to get this situation resolved.
  • elf_cruiser likes this

tg07

tg07

Stage 1 Member

• 172 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin
Good to hear

Alpha 7

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

There is a bit of a difference between John's business and what Bach (or even myself) do. If John says sorry your transmission is #30 in the queue - you'll just wait because you want it done by him.

If Joe says I can't get that done in a week - most likely the customer will just go to someone who will tell him they can get it done in a week. And then you've possibly lost the customer forever. Is it worth over-extending your resources to retain a customer? Not really - but it is a difficult situation to be in.

I've had plenty of times someone messages me asking "can you get this done by this weekend for a race, event, show..whatever" and I just have to decline because I don't want the stress or risk the quality of a job

His problem isn't mismanagement of time or white lies, it is blatant theft.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shop, bach, gtr, build, nissan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users