Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on the Bach Admission?

- - - - - shop bach gtr build nissan

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Honestly the more I think about it I'm kinda amazed at the GTR community, that they're so willing to take dishonesty and say its fine I'll keep going there lol or its okay.

I think its commendable to admit fault (when caught) cause some people have issues doing even that.

But still makes me think I should open a GTR shop rob everyone and then just say "I've made terrible choices, please forgive me I'm working hard to make it right" and have almost all the community support me lol

• Tim, BAZ007 and 8secondson93 like this

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

My thought is tell the truth from the beginning, even if someone doesn't want to hear it, tell it like it is from the start. Kept me in business for 27+ years.

Bang! 100%
  • celsius and 8secondson93 like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,814 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

Honestly the more I think about it I'm kinda amazed at the GTR community, that they're so willing to take dishonesty and say its fine I'll keep going there lol or its okay.

I think its commendable to admit fault (when caught) cause some people have issues doing even that.

But still makes me think I should open a GTR shop rob everyone and then just say "I've made terrible choices, please forgive me I'm working hard to make it right" and have almost all the community support me lol

It’s amazing how the facebook generation has made it seem like 10 guys on a thread repeating each other is “almost all of the community.”

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

It’s amazing how the facebook generation has made it seem like 10 guys on a thread repeating each other is “almost all of the community.”

What? I didn't imply this post is indicative of the "community"... All I was doing was generalizing on the 100+ comments of support Bach got on Battalion... Now maybe you're not in that group, but thats about 1% of the GTR population of owners if each one of those 100+ owners who said good job man, proud of you, owned a GTR.

While that is insignificant that will still be talked about, past around and has plenty of tentacles. Which is why my initial show of good job for admitting fault changed to a jokingly " I'll just rob all you supporters, who are so eager to help a possible thief/ liar up".

I brushed off warnings about rumors I'd heard about the shop I chose which when you factor in theft/ lies/ etc. the cost to save money and the headache I had post sale, and still have due to going back and forth on theft/deceptive business practice lawsuits. I could have sent it to a guy like Tony, who doesn't hop on a soap box every post asking for tune or hook up saying come to me. Just does his work and who comes, comes and who doesn't, doesn't.

Trying to be a cheap ass and saving myself 3-7k on labor I easily could have covered going to T1 or paid about 10k more and having an AMS car... Hindsight being what it is, I fucked up thinking I was capable of judging someone else's integrity and drive. Won't happen again. Thankfully the one gift my shit show did bring is linking up with Shepherd, Harper, and a few other great people still left in our community with great integrity. 

If it ain't a:

Boostin'

AMS

T1

Harper tuned

Shep trans 

Car... I don't want it 

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 09 October 2017 - 08:48 PM.

• Tim and tg07 like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

POPULAR

Forget the GT-R community.  This is all of the United States right now.  Total loss of respect for personal integrity.

Shawn

• Tim, celsius, changster and 6 others like this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

POPULAR

Who's bach racing? Never heard of them before. /end thread.
  • celsius, Evolunchbox, earico and 2 others like this

Formidable

Formidable

Stage 4 Member

• 499 posts
  • Joined 24-December 15
Integrity is everything! I can’t figure out why it’s so difficult for some shops to do the right thing. High performance vehicles. Big money for modifications. Relatively well off clients. Take care of them and they return to spend more money. A healthy symbiotic relationship.

Rob Peter to pay Paul? Destroy that client/tuner relationship? LOL... There are some extremely stupid motherfuckers out there.
  • celsius likes this
2014 Premium | WGP Built Motor 1124 AWHP | Shep 1K | Racing Brake | AMS | Unobtainium | Advan GT | Overtake | Varis | DCTMS | BRIDE | https://instagram.com/formidable_gtr

hawjdude

hawjdude

Stock

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 02-December 14

Shady character from his admission. I would never trust him again. I don't know how some members on that fb group are praising him for getting caught.

• Tim, OuLikeBlueGTRs and Crissy like this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Who's bach racing? Never heard of them before. /end thread.

A hero championed by the flag waving crowd on fb, who you know the story... The guys with the great builds usually don't go charging into every post asking for help saying "this guys the man, go to him"... But the guys who only have money for a FBO tune think they found a diamond in the rough, and are smarter than everyone for who they picked to do their work lol.

• Tim and ian.r like this

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

WGP and Bach have several things in common.

• J5isalive likes this

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,814 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

WGP and Bach have several things in common.

I was waiting for a nut swinging troll to pipe up lol.  I think when you say WGP you really mean SBD.  

Leave us out of his drama.  It has nothing to do with us.

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

MMC Racing

MMC Racing

Stage 3 Member

• 315 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14
  • LocationNew Mexico

I was waiting for a nut swinging troll to pipe up lol.  I think when you say WGP you really mean SBD.  

Leave us out of his drama.  It has nothing to do with us.

​Several things

2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney Tuning, SD Kit, EFR Turbos, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID1700x injectors | SBD Intakes

Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace | Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can

AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,627 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Has anybody noticed this has quited down a lot after T.I. ????
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Has anybody noticed this has quited down a lot after T.I. ????

Well I think the admission stopped the curiosity people had with customers who had issues, and its kinda like "well thats that its allllll out in the open lol". Combined with him not posting as much, T.I., and the normal lack of attention span your avg. American has now-a-days its the perfect storm to kinda get back to business. 

• Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,627 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Well I think the admission stopped the curiosity people had with customers who had issues, and its kinda like "well thats that its allllll out in the open lol". Combined with him not posting as much, T.I., and the normal lack of attention span your avg. American has now-a-days its the perfect storm to kinda get back to business.

That is a good synopsis, I know there are some other stories out there too,but it’s not my business to tell their story

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

That is a good synopsis, I know there are some other stories out there too,but it’s not my business to tell their story

I've heard worse ones privately as-well, but as with most people in this 5-6 figure dilemmas scorched earth blasting away isn't always going to net you the best results for work/ refunds/etc.  

I know with mine, sadly most of mine was exposed post sale, and lack of transparency with both parties from the shop... I can't imagine if I'd found the stuff out during ownership, and had to figure out a way to approach its with a large investment tied to that shop. 

In those situations trying to make it out unharmed is the main concern, worrying about the next guys experience with builder/ shop usually comes later.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,627 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

I've heard worse ones privately as-well, but as with most people in this 5-6 figure dilemmas scorched earth blasting away isn't always going to net you the best results for work/ refunds/etc.

In those situations trying to make it out unharmed is the main concern, worrying about the next guys experience with builder/ shop usually comes later.

Unfortunately Scorched earth is what’s needed
I’ve had no dealings with Mr Bach but after reading this and knowing he has done this to others people. “scorched earth is what’s needed”

Like you said though Attention spans are short now days

Yes it’s a dog eat dog world and personal interests Trump others ...still somebody is gonna not get what they exspect and get a sour taste in thier mouthand not want to mod anything

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 376 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Unfortunately Scorched earth is what’s needed
I’ve had no dealings with Mr Bach but after reading this and knowing he has done this to others people. “scorched earth is what’s needed”

Like you said though Attention spans are short now days

Yes it’s a dog eat dog world and personal interests Trump others ...still somebody is gonna not get what they exspect and get a sour taste in thier mouthand not want to mod anything

I'm sure someone will take that admission in good faith being a decent human and give him another shot and end up fucked over too lol

• ian.r likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,627 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
#TRUTH and when it happens they will be like WTF.....I don’t understand.
  • ian.r, elf_cruiser and OuLikeBlueGTRs like this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

I'll say that what bothers me most about it is the reply from the majority of the people on there.   The customer literally came in the post and said that he told Joe that if he didn't come clean about it he was going to out him.  Joe didn't do anything on his own accord, he only had a sudden case of conscious after he got caught red handed and then threatened.   He even said he continued to lie to the customer AFTER he showed up on the door step!  I mean that takes something special right there.   So how is that supposed to "earn someones respect" or "it takes a real man to admit his mistakes".  OMG give me a break. 

I work my ever loving ass off to stay in front of the curve in this industry and with my customers.  Sometimes I have to tell customers things that they don't want to hear, but I can promise I don't want to have to say them worse than they don't want to hear them... it is HARD.  Whether it is your fault or money or a supplier you just BE HONEST!!!   It is SO easy to be a cheat and take advantage at times and only the people who really have integrity won't take that opportunity.  

In my opinion this is a by product of the "cost of entry" to industry these days.   Social media  and the weight it seems to hold in our lives has made it so easy to just BAM.. become a shop!  It's complete BS and it is bad for the community.   90% of the shops in our industry would not stand a chance in business if it was 30 years ago.  They don't build anything, they don't race, they don't innovate, they don't push the envelop to better themselves and their product for their customers.  They simply troll social media and the forums for poor unsuspecting consumers that have been programed to look at all the wrong things when choosing a shop to work with.  I swear I could right a damn book on this.  

We need to go back to the marketing strategies of "Win on Sunday sell on Monday" that was the equalizer!   Aspects of the internet, paid advertising on social media, fancy videos... they have taken focus from what is real in this world of automobiles.   

Obviously that is the "gloom and doom" version.. there are positives from everything but it's just getting more and more frustration for the people out there pushing the envelop and sacrificing a great deal to do so.  

#end rant 

• Tim, ian.r, celsius and 13 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.39@200
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013