Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on the Bach Admission?

- - - - - shop bach gtr build nissan

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 361 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Curious what everyones thoughts are on Bach Racings admission of blatantly lying to the customer about a lost transmission in shipping. Everyone seems congratulatory on Battalion, but I have mixed feelings. Personally its refreshing to see someone say yeah I fucked up, yeah I made a mistake, but to be capable of that in the first place means you're plenty capable of doing it again. Thoughts? 

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 7.01.17 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 7.01.23 PM.png

• Tim and MeighDuarl like this

tg07

tg07

Stage 1 Member

• 177 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin
Don't like reading it, but I commend him for being honest. I think a lot of shops overcommit on timing. I'm sure many have lied about why the delivery date wasn't met. Hopefully he has actually learned his lesson and it never happens again.

Alpha 7

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

POPULAR

He's cornered. It's his only option.

He's drowning. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. A fate that a lot of mismanaged shops suffer.

Any one who can't see through these feeble attempts to save face, have never dealt with a grade A bullshiter.
  • Tim, celsius, paparazzi and 6 others like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
I have to say it’s nice to see the attempt, man I’d feel wronged if it was me personally !,,,Makes ya wonder how many shops rob Peter the pay Paul to make things happen. To me it sounds like a slippery slope,one hiccup can’t fuck a lot of shit up.

My.02
  • celsius, paparazzi, elf_cruiser and 1 other like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 909 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Wonder what would have happened if Tanner made an insurance claim for the “lost trans” or if it would have been found if he didn’t show up at the shop.

Sounds pretty shitty to someone who doesn’t know any one involved.
  • Tim likes this
Using Tapatalk

1SLOGTR

1SLOGTR

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 23-December 12

POPULAR

What I posted and what I think:

"What ever happened to being honest in the first place. Yes fault was admitted, but damage is done.

While it takes a lot of guts to come clean, I cannot imagine being dishonest to someone who is paying you for a service. Any customer would respect anyone in business who just admitted the first time that they couldn't handle it and did everything they could to make it right.

If you are in the car performance business it means you share the same passions as your customers. How in the world can you make someone's passion miserable when you would know or have known what it feels like. If I did that to someone, i would be asking myself if I should be in the business or not."
  • Tim, Evolunchbox, Stuart@T1 and 5 others like this
2009 GT-R SS GT1R (8 sec GTR built by owner)
Resident Dickhead

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 369 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

I am of the belief that if he is coming clean then he was doing this with way more than 1 person.  He got caught… I also don’t feel very bad for the customer,  Weapons Grade performance screwed him over, and he turned around and went to another small shop with questionable ethics.   Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me...    If i would have been fucked over by Weapons Grade I wouldnt have messed with another shop of the same caliber, i would have have gone with the big guns, instead of trying to save a dollar or 2 i would have sent my car to T1, TopSpeed, English Racing, AMS and gotten the work done correctly.... and a Trans issue, trusting Bach to repair it? haha, just use Shep and be ensured its done correctly.   It doesnt take a lot of intelligence in my opinion to select a shop that will treat you correctly;  Look for a shop that gets proven results, and has a track record of success,  1/4 mile times, 1/2 mile times, customer reviews, etc.  There is definitely a proven formula to produce results and the big shops have it.

• Tim and impreziv1 like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
We screwed him over? how?

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

BadGTR

BadGTR

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 08-October 13

This guy is as crooked as they come. Don't believe a word he says. 

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

This is all too reminiscent of my dealings with a fuck stick from Ohio, CTD. RP2PP in this industry denotes mismanagement and mostly dishonestly...if they're choosing to hide the real truth from you.

Yeah, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that he posted it...how about not doing it in the first place and leading with honest rather than deception.

If this guy is trying to salvage his business I hope people that are thinking about future business with him see this and run like hell. It will happen again, if not already. 

• OuLikeBlueGTRs and 8secondson93 like this

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

If this guy is trying to salvage his business I hope people that are thinking about future business with him see this and run like hell. It will happen again, if not already.

The last guy/guys standing always get it the worst too. When your shit gets locked up in a shop, or parts sold in a last ditch effort to dip out with some money, there's little recourse at that point.
  • Evolunchbox likes this

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

It is my opinion that Bach is trying to get his version of the story out before it comes out any other way, real or exaggerated. 

I would find it very hard to believe that this is the first time Bach has conducted his business in a dishonest manner, however it may be the first time a customer drove some distance unannounced to confront the BS face to face.

Is this screen shot from a FB account?  Anyone else wonder why he has a joint account with his woman?  This usually indicates a trust issue either due to facts or paranoia.  Regardless, the optics are not favorable and make me wonder who's in possession of his sperm producing appendages, and why the distrust.  

Just my thoughts.    

A thought just came to mind; if his name is Joe-Kim then the latter of my theories would be completely incorrect. 

Edited by Crissy, 09 October 2017 - 10:29 AM.

• Evolunchbox likes this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
It’s not the first time Bach screws someone over, I have personally had a friend who did multiple upgrades with him have a similar experience when he used different parts from what was ordered.

Again, i’m local in AZ, I wouldn’t trust anyone to do any minor work on my GTR except for Bob Sobey.

If you read the whole thread you will actually see multiple people complaining, among of whom is Jack (irony).

Doug, J5 is referring to you screwing Tanner over, as tanner and few others pointed out on Battalion.
  • OuLikeBlueGTRs likes this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

It’s not the first time Bach screws someone over, I have personally had a friend who did multiple upgrades with him have a similar experience when he used different parts from what was ordered.

Again, i’m local in AZ, I wouldn’t trust anyone to do any minor work on my GTR except for Bob Sobey.

If you read the whole thread you will actually see multiple people complaining, among of whom is Jack (irony).

Doug, J5 is referring to you screwing Tanner over, as tanner and few others pointed out on Battalion.

If by "screwing him over" you mean that his wrap on his door got scratched when it was moved outside of the shop we were renting into a public parking space in a multi-tenant complex without our knowledge or authorization, which resulted in us no longer using said shop, and that we paid out of pocket to have the wrap re-done on the car, after attempting unsuccessfully to get the shop owner and our insurance to pay for the damage, then I guess that counts. 

Doug Ross
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 369 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

If by "screwing him over" you mean that his wrap on his door got scratched when it was moved outside of the shop we were renting into a public parking space in a multi-tenant complex without our knowledge or authorization, which resulted in us no longer using said shop, and that we paid out of pocket to have the wrap re-done on the car, after attempting unsuccessfully to get the shop owner and our insurance to pay for the damage, then I guess that counts. 

Nice that you address is on here but completely run away from the facebook post and wait for it to disappear into the unsearchable land of facebook.  oh well.

8secondson93

8secondson93

Stock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-October 17
  • LocationOhio

My thought is tell the truth from the beginning, even if someone doesn't want to hear it, tell it like it is from the start.  Kept me in business for 27+ years.

• Tim, Evolunchbox and Crissy like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

It is my opinion that Bach is trying to get his version of the story out before it comes out any other way, real or exaggerated. 
I would find it very hard to believe that this is the first time Bach has conducted his business in a dishonest manner, however it may be the first time a customer drove some distance unannounced to confront the BS face to face.
Is this screen shot from a FB account?  Anyone else wonder why he has a joint account with his woman?  This usually indicates a trust issue either due to facts or paranoia.  Regardless, the optics are not favorable and make me wonder who's in possession of his sperm producing appendages, and why the distrust.  
Just my thoughts.    

A thought just came to mind; if his name is Joe-Kim then the latter of my theories would be completely incorrect.

From some of the info I’ve got today,I think you are correct. There seems to be more people with similar stories.
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

Nice that you address is on here but completely run away from the facebook post and wait for it to disappear into the unsearchable land of facebook.  oh well.

I'm not a member of battalion and haven't been for years.  I addressed it immediately on the NW owner's FB group.

Doug Ross
Our Online Store

tg07

tg07

Stage 1 Member

• 177 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin

From some of the info I’ve got today,I think you are correct. There seems to be more people with similar stories.

Sad, but not surprising.

• Tim likes this

Alpha 7

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Amen to that. BSE is the only shop that works on my car except me!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shop, bach, gtr, build, nissan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users