Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TI thread

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
I still feel like Tony got robbed on his race .. ,,PERIOD
  • 7racer, Stuart@T1, TwinTurbine and 1 other like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

tg07

tg07

Stage 1 Member

• 177 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin

I still feel like Tony got robbed on his race .. ,,PERIOD

Based solely on the videos I've seen, which includes their edited video, I agree 100%.  They were going 15+ MPH faster than Tony at the time the light went green.

• Tim, vegasgtr and Stuart@T1 like this

Alpha 7

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
I feel like in 2017 technology must exist to help the cars leave at the same speed.. why not have two radar guns pointed at each car linked to the green light... cross a line at 65mph and it goes green...?
  • Tim and Stuart@T1 like this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Based solely on the videos I've seen, which includes their edited video, I agree 100%.  They were going 15+ MPH faster than Tony at the time the light went green.

plus it was a pattern, he didn't pace him the other times.  How hard is it to get on the gas a bit more to match speeds

• Stuart@T1 likes this

In7anity!!

Jason@BoulderNissan

Jason@BoulderNissan

Stage 1 Member

• Vendors
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 23-December 12
Glad everyone had fun that attended! It sucks that the finals ended like they did but in roll races that can happen. I agree Tony should have been given a re run. I like many others do not believe it was a clean start. That said; Amar did tell the lambo that he was setting the pace. I would guess that this was incorrect?? I can't imagine Tony would give that up and if he did give that up I think he would have let the lambo leave first from the staging line. Another question; did the staff deem the run invalid and tell Tony there was going to be a re run? If they did in fact say that then Tony would be declared the winner if UGR declined to run.

At this point Amar is in a tough position. Ultimately it is his decision to make. And if my questions above are answered the way I think they will be then it is a bit of a "black eye" for the event. Roll racing has way too many variables and takes a strong organizer to try and manage the chaos when it occurs. I am confident that Amar was trying to make the correct decisions on the fly and he is definitely a stand up guy. Ultimately one group was going to be upset. I would love to hear Amars take on this situation. He is an enthusiast just like all of us and I am sure this was a very upsetting final for him as well.
  • Tim, HiBoost, forty-two and 1 other like this

awesome

awesome

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Every car should be equipped with a GPS camera facing forward slightly angled to the competitor 

Garmin makes they and they are great and inexpensive

Will show

- Speed

- Can hear time car accelerates vs when the light turns green 

- Can easily be reviewed if there is a start controversy 

Road racing requires them in cars to review aggressive driving.

Edited by awesome, 11 October 2017 - 04:39 PM.

• Tim and changster like this

vegasgtr

vegasgtr

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 12-December 12

Clear as mud for sure.

Stuart, you should come out with a high res video of the truth. especially the side shot where it looks like UG is in the left lane on the autobahn "staging"  ;)

• Tim likes this

taking Kisco's Lunch money..

Stuart@T1

Stuart@T1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 29-July 13

Stuart, you should come out with a high res video of the truth. especially the side shot where it looks like UG is in the left lane on the autobahn "staging"  ;)

I may or may not have received some footage this morning showing a few key things. I will be in meetings most of the day so it may be tomorrow until I finish. I reached out to Michael Bay about editing this one for us, but he was still in North Carolina on some other project.

• Tim, vegasgtr and tg07 like this

t1sig%20new_zpsrcxzxhwf.jpg

vegasgtr

vegasgtr

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 760 posts
  • Joined 12-December 12

I may or may not have received some footage this morning showing a few key things. I will be in meetings most of the day so it may be tomorrow until I finish. I reached out to Michael Bay about editing this one for us, but he was still in North Carolina on some other project.

awesome can't wait. :beer2:

taking Kisco's Lunch money..

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stock

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16

I reached out to Michael Bay about editing this one for us, but he was still in North Carolina on some other project.

Lol!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
1320 vid is up
  • Tim likes this

colo_evo

colo_evo