Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Car Shows

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

My husband is a big car show/cruise-in fan, usually attending at least one a week with his '69 Mustang or '62 F100.  Occasionally while out in my GTR we will see a car show and drop in just to do a walk through or to chat with the owner of a particular car that has caught our eyes.  

The attention my GTR receives and the fact that I have seen very few GTRs at these shows has made me decide to dress up my car and actually enter it in local shows.  Should be interesting.  It seems to me many people just don't know what a GTR is, (hard to believe I know) but could be due to my mid-west location.  The people who do know these cars almost always love them and are eager to start a conversation.

I would love to have some input from the GTR Heritage community on how I should dress up my '09 Super Silver.  

I do plan on having the car painted over this winter with either an opal or pearl silver and at the same time have the bottom pieces (front lip, side skirts, rear lip) replaced with (I think Seibon) carbon fiber parts.  Since weight reduction is not my goal I will most likely not opt for the dry matte carbon fiber.  I'm not sure what other parts I may consider replacing with carbon fiber as I really love in-your-face silver paint and I'm afraid I won't like a carbon fiber hood and trunk lid taking away form the color. 

I'm also wanting to dress up the engine compartment and although the car is FBO E85, (we all have to start somewhere right?) that does nothing to improve aesthetics under the hood.  My interior is pretty much stock so any ideas there are appreciated.

I have changed many exterior bulbs using DiodeDynamics and have clear side lenses but I think newer head lights may be the way to go.  I also like the tail lights as turn signal option.

My car is ceramic coated and has a great shine, so I plan in having it coated again after the new paint has cured.  I would love to keep the SS paint, but I cannot find anyone who can match this paint or even apply it correctly so I'm moving on. 

A friend of mine suggested I buy some Volk TE37SL, but I honestly like the '15 GTR wheels I have now more than that particular Volk wheel. 

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.  I always receive such great advice here and consider most the people here to be experts when it comes to all things GTR. 

Thank you. 

• Tim and 7racer like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,602 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Pearl Silver sounds killer!!!
I'm in agreement everybody does Vollk's or Advans might want to look for a set of lightly used wheels as a lot of people change wheels like underwear
If you do end up changing the interior HiBoost did a write up on his interior change and it came out great, plus it was very reasonable
  • Crissy likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Crissy

Crissy

Stage 1 Member

• 179 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

Pearl Silver sounds killer!!!
I'm in agreement everybody does Vollk's or Advans might want to look for a set of lightly used wheels as a lot of people change wheels like underwear
If you do end up changing the interior HiBoost did a write up on his interior change and it came out great, plus it was very reasonable

I tried to find HiBoost's write up but didn't have any luck.

I am definitely looking for a set of lightly used wheels as these '15s will most likely end up with the other wheels we seem to be collecting.

I will continue to read through the posts on here, I always learn so much.  Updating my navigation is what landed me here and that turned out quite nicely. 

Thank you for your input. 

• Tim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users