Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boost Logic Woes

boost logic turbos turbo inlets 1050x

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 978 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

I would have done the same. So with that addressed, is there anything else BL recommends to achieve your goals with this build to ensure it is done 100% this time?

Not really. Zohair offered good pricing on future purchases. But this was a bit setback, so new purchases are a long way off.
  • BAZ007 likes this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

Boosted4Life

Boosted4Life

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-September 16

Not really. Zohair offered good pricing on future purchases. But this was a bit setback, so new purchases are a long way off.

I hate seeing other GTR owners have issues during the build process!  A lot of times problems occur for various reasons, occasionally outside one's control. In the end experienced shops and trust in vendors will allow you to achieve your goals. I'm happy to see Boost Logic step up in the customer service department and help out a member in a fair manner. Zohair has always handled every aspect of the business with professionalism and resolve. I can't wait to see how your car (AWDTT) turns out with the Boost Logic 1050x turbofold kit!!

On a technical note.. we have used Boost Logic Titanium intakes without issue. I don't see any way material can come off and run through the compressor. There are no pieces large enough to cause that sort of damage that could come from the intakes. I would search for a foreign object in that side intercooler inlet. Likely what caused the damage is large enough to not pass completely through the intercooler core.

-Nick

Tim1137

Tim1137

Stage 2 Member

• 210 posts
  • Joined 04-January 16
  • LocationSomerset MA

Post up some pictures of the old CHRA when you have it removed. 

Based on the pictures you provided, I have to disagree that "sloppy work" was involved. Mind you I have no idea who worked on the car. Now, I may have not taken apart a GTR as many times as some others here, but I can't think of a single item aside from a MAF screw, that is small enough to ONLY cause those small knicks in the compressor wheel. A bolt leftover in an intake pipe would have annihilated the compressor wheel, not just chipped it like that. 

I also don't think sloppy welding or weld slag was the cause either though. Since those are put together by hand I'm sure something like that would have gone noticed before they were shipped out. Fusion welding causes very little, if any slag at all either.

I'd venture to guess the most probable cause was either the engine was run at one point without filters installed, or there was a small rock or something inside the pipe, or filter when ti was assembled.

Boosted4Life

Boosted4Life

Stock

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-September 16
I definitely wouldn't attribute this to a bolt or object that large. I am in agreement Tim, it was likely a small rock. Something an eighth to quarter inch round. I believe the sloppy work was more directed towards install issues in the beginning. The problems that occurred on install and the fabrication necessary to mate up to factory piping would not have been an issue with a large experienced shop. Fit and finish is the responsibility of the installer. If the shop feels a product requires more work to install than necessary then they will not to use or recommend that product in the future. Or they work with the manufacturer to improve certain points.

Again I hate that the op has had such a headache from this venture. I do believe he would of had a great experience in the hands of a well known shop, regardless of the product.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boost logic, turbos, turbo inlets, 1050x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users