Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One of the key components for 8's on pump gas

- - - - - wtfic buschur racing pump gas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Just want to share this because quite simply it's bad ass.

This is the log from our 8.744 at 157.67 mph this weekend on straight 93 octane pump gas. This is my GTR with stock turbo folds, BR built 3.8, BR Stage 3 heads, Jack McGee/BR 1450 trans and a ton of other BR parts but the main one this is about is our WTFIC Intercooler kit.

As you can see from the log below this monster is just bad ass and a large piece of the puzzle as to why we were able to be the first in the 8's on pump gas.

As you'll note the two banks can be logged and both are identical in boost. You'll also see we were running 33 psi on the pump gas and the incredible part is the ridiculously low gain in intake air temps. The starting temp was 99 degrees F and the engine temp was only 113 degrees, that's a 14 degree gain in intake temp on a 1000+ hp GTR at 33 psi of boost across an entire 1/4 mile pass.

You can NOT buy a better intercooler, period.

Attached Images

• IMG_0652.JPG
  • IMG_4725.JPG

• Tim, celsius, Evolunchbox and 1 other like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.
BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.
Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh
I remember looking at the IAT's and thinking it was wrong. Lol This is a beast of an intercooler!
  • Buschur Racing likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,758 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Wow 33psi on pump..crazy :punk: but say's a lot about your intercooler  :clappinghands:  :clappinghands:  :clappinghands:

• celsius, Evolunchbox and Buschur Racing like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
I thought the maximum safe boost on 93 is 25-27psi!

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,758 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

I thought the maximum safe boost on 93 is 25-27psi!

I thought 22-23psi 

• thehelix112 and Buschur Racing like this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

I thought 22-23psi

I think there was a discussion about this somewhere and it boiled down to how hard one tuner pushes vs another. Another factor I believe is the 10% content of Ethanol (which is standard in the US) does allow for a bit more knock resistance compared to other markets with no Ethanol.

Also isn't the 22-23 for 91 and 23-26 for 93?

Tony1

Tony1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 954 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Those are good results, congrats on the runs. 

I think there was a discussion about this somewhere and it boiled down to how hard one tuner pushes vs another. Another factor I believe is the 10% content of Ethanol (which is standard in the US) does allow for a bit more knock resistance compared to other markets with no Ethanol.

Also isn't the 22-23 for 91 and 23-26 for 93?

'Boost' is a measure of restriction.   There's no safe number for pump gas, there are way too many variables. 

• Tim, Evolunchbox and Buschur Racing like this

T1racedevelopment.com

Injectordynamics.com

214-607-9022

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 834 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

'Boost' is a measure of restriction. There's no safe number for pump gas, there are way too many variables.

For us noobs. When you say measure of restriction, restriction as in the pressure measurement the tuner set to max for the turbo inlet?

Also no safe number due to many variables, meaning it depends on factors beside knock due to fuel type? I'm asking because isn't this the only difference going from pump to E98?

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 462 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit

For us noobs. When you say measure of restriction, restriction as in the pressure measurement the tuner set to max for the turbo inlet?

Also no safe number due to many variables, meaning it depends on factors beside knock due to fuel type? I'm asking because isn't this the only difference going from pump to E98?

What Tony means by restriction is that Boost is the measurement of air pressurein the intake circuit. If your cylinder heads had runners the size of straws, youd have a ton of pressure in the intake, and not much in the cylinders, allowing for much higher boost pressures, while not making much power. the flip side is that if your heads flow a ton youd pack a ton of air into the cylinders. knock is from having too much pressure in the cylinders, and not in the intake...

• BAZ007 likes this

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

If the car is properly built and has quality parts on it, I have zero issue tuning nearly every car that comes through here to at least 30 psi on pump gas, this includes DSM's, EVO's and GTR's.  You'll also find I have a clean record concerning any cars blowing up being driven like this daily.  The parts combination is critical to pulling this off however.

When I get a car in here with junk on it, it's no possible.  Fuel throughout the country also varies, I've been able to pull it off on some cars running 91 octane from out west and others I can't get close on.  

I've actually run as much as 40 psi on 93 octane on some huge builds we did in the EVO's, 42R turbo etc.  I feel there is a trade off in turbo size and ET's at some point when it comes to pump gas.

I know for an absolute fact there have been a few of the two and three letter companies out there that have attempted to break into the 8's on 7.50, E85/race gas capable GTR's and have not been able to do it.  Nick's GTR that we built here we ran 9.04 @ about 154 mph on pump gas over a year ago.  A bunch of people popped out of the wood work down playing the accomplishment and said "just wait, just wait, just wait"  they had a year and we were still waiting, figured we'd just finish the task.  Anyway, Nick's car was tougher to do this on than my own car with the stock turbofolds.  There are reasons for this comparing logs and data.  

I'm not sure if we are going to run the car on pump gas again.  Nick and I are discussing it and I think we may bring it out on slicks and actually push it a big this time.  I think it will run 8.40-8.50's  with the slicks and actually trying to lean on it.  Remember, I was driving this around and on the 90+ mile poker run in the rain the day before.  We left it just like that, diluted the fuel even further, never touched the fuel in the tune and drove it to the track too.  This was a full interior, full exhaust, DOT Street tire set up.  

• gtr34, Evolunchbox and BAZ007 like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17
What do you think is the main factor between nicks car and yours that made it tougher? Bfic vs wtfic? Or did it seem related to the turbos?

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

What do you think is the main factor between nicks car and yours that made it tougher? Bfic vs wtfic? Or did it seem related to the turbos?

Biggest issue is response.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

Biggest issue is response.

I'm noticing this a lot. It seems these factory manifold turbos are getting dialed in where mid-high 8's on ethanol are more and more common. Where as a12 and like setups are taking a good deal more power to match their times.

How do you think your turbos would do on a 4.1 like nicks? Do you think it would overwhelm the hotside?

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Thank you.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

I'm noticing this a lot. It seems these factory manifold turbos are getting dialed in where mid-high 8's on ethanol are more and more common. Where as a12 and like setups are taking a good deal more power to match their times.

How do you think your turbos would do on a 4.1 like nicks? Do you think it would overwhelm the hotside?

The response would improve for sure but yes, I'd think the back pressure would offset what was gained there for top end power.  The turbos I am running now are a bit laggy but still tolerable.  For sure not a good autocross turbo set up.

www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17

The response would improve for sure but yes, I'd think the back pressure would offset what was gained there for top end power. The turbos I am running now are a bit laggy but still tolerable. For sure not a good autocross turbo set up.

What do you think your car is capable of on e85? 170 traps? Bottom 8s?

Super impressive setup. You've really got it dialed in now.

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

What do you think your car is capable of on e85? 170 traps? Bottom 8s?

Super impressive setup. You've really got it dialed in now.

170+ and 7's.

• Tim, celsius and Evolunchbox like this
www.buschurracing.com

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

impreziv1

impreziv1

Stock

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17
That's amazing honestly. I don't even see the point of doing a full turbo kit unless you want 7's these days. Between your offerings and tsm elite plus, it just doesn't make sense.

Evolunchbox

Evolunchbox

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 19-June 13
  • LocationPittsburgh

170+ and 7's.

myman.jpg

• gtr34 and Buschur Racing like this

gtr34

gtr34

Stage 2 Member

• OEM Member
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
  • LocationPa

Thats amazing that everyone else tried and gave up or can't get it done.  Nobody ever says anything about it either.  So you think multiple shops have tried and failed?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wtfic, buschur racing, pump gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users