Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

O2 Defouler

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

I've been advised to install defoulers to pass NC emissions testing.  I received a screen shot of what to install, but I can't click on any link to take me to the proper part to purchase.

What is this, and can someone help me purchase the correct one for my car?

IMG_8525001.png

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 104 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14
  • LocationStenungsund Sweden

I've been advised to install defoulers to pass NC emissions testing.  I received a screen shot of what to install, but I can't click on any link to take me to the proper part to purchase.

What is this, and can someone help me purchase the correct one for my car?

attachicon.gifIMG_8525001.png

Look up Big Daddies Garage on the internet and you`ll find what your after, complete with installation instructions. You`ll need two for the rear O2 sensors.

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

Found this (looks just the picture of the piece that was recommended to me):

cat del.png

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 104 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14

img894150134.gifThis is how the O2 sensor should look on the site. B I G

D A D D I E S
G A R A G E
O2 SIMULATOR CEL FIX
Designed For High Performance Modified Catless Exhausts...
Turbo and Non-Turbo Engines...
1.6 thru 6.3 Litre...
Precision CNC Machined , Premium High Quality T 304 Stainless Steel

Removes Check Engine Light... No Cel EVER !!!

The Very Best O2 Simulator made, Our Mini Cat Cel Fix works on the same principle as your larger OEM Catalytic Converter. The Noxious Exhaust gases are Oxidated and Converted by passing thru our custom Three Way Honeycomb Element coated with Platinum. Rhodium and Palladium. These gases react within the honeycomb element and are converted into carbon dioxide and water while also converting nitogen oxides back into nitrogen and oxygen which is eactly what the oxygen sensor is expecting.  With a modified exhaust system...click for more info and ordering...click for more info and ordering.
FREE SHIPPING TO 50 STATES & U.S. TERRITORIES
img894150134.gif

Edited by Ian201, 22 August 2017 - 07:59 AM.

• JasperGTR likes this

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

Thanks!

Seems like a weird fix.  Some kind of voodoo going on in that little thing. 

• Ian201 likes this

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 104 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14

Thanks!

Seems like a weird fix.  Some kind of voodoo going on in that little thing. 

Plenty of people in the US (GTR) running the sensors no reported problems i have two straight sensors on my dps.  :)

• JasperGTR likes this

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

Plenty of people in the US (GTR) running the sensors no reported problems i have two straight sensors on my dps.  :)

The one for $14.95?  (x2)

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 104 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14

The one for $14.95?  (x2)

I can`t quite remember Tim1137 on the forum fixed them for me and shipped them to Sweden. He did it privately so it was great of him. Mine are the Big Daddie 02s They seem to be the most popular and best quality.

Edited by Ian201, 22 August 2017 - 08:53 AM.

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
Hmmm. Is this a solution when running catless DP's and getting a CEL every so often?
  • celsius likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

Tim1137

Tim1137

Stage 2 Member

• 226 posts
  • Joined 04-January 16
  • LocationSomerset MA

You want to get either the big daddy one with the mini-cat in it, or an angled spacer with the restrictors like pictured above. The big daddy mini-cat one just grab online, but if you want an angled spacer w/ restrictors I have some.

• 7racer likes this

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

Hmmm. Is this a solution when running catless DP's and getting a CEL every so often?

Yes.  That is my intention.  

But the Accessport can be configured with a program to prevent that... 

Edited by JasperGTR, 23 August 2017 - 10:00 AM.

240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

Stage 2.5 Member

• 254 posts
  • Joined 06-February 14
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Yes.  That is my intention.  

But the Accessport can be configured with a program to prevent that... 

I live in NC and you can purchase the "mini cat cell fix" from big daddies garage as others have mentioned.  It should not throw a code and you don't need to turn off any DTC's within Cobb...just install and you are set.

http://www.bigdaddie... Daddies Garage

sbddp3.JPG

2006 EVO IX (573hp/439tq)

2009 GTR Premium

Built RB26 with no home (everything is for sale...lots of stuff)

Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX35r Topmount Experiment
Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX3576r, Curt Brown 10:1 2L, R2's, 110octane, 573hp/439tq

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

elf, aren't you running Ecutek?  Can't you shut the CEL off?

In7anity!!

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

elf, aren't you running Ecutek? Can't you shut the CEL off?

Yes, I'm on ecutek and I also have stock downpipes :)

We're having the issue on my wife's car which is Cobb tuned and has catless downpipes. Previous owner had their shop add little extension tubes about 3-4" long so the second O2 sensor isn't directly in the airflow through the downpipe, it's a little bit delayed - however that hasn't totally solved the issue.

I only looked at her exhaust once right when we got the car but it seemed to be very difficult, maybe even impossible to reach the second set of O2 sensors without removing the downpipes. I'll check it out again next time her car is at my shop.

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

I'm trying to install these today. 

Trying to find out the order of assembly (Not sure where copper washer or circlip go)... 

Ian201

Ian201

Stage 1 Member

• 104 posts
  • Joined 28-September 14

I'm trying to install these today. 

Trying to find out the order of assembly (Not sure where copper washer or circlip go)... 

Hi, Looking at the O2 sensor i think i can just see a groove on the inside of the external threaded end. It`s an internal circlip that`s shown on the photo. Obviously to retain the insert of choice. I can only refer to the big daddie O2 sensor regarding the washer mine has to be placed between the sensor and the o2 defouler on the hexagonal end.

Make sure you double check that the circlip is seated properly in the groove.

Looking at the photo again i would guess that the copper washer would also be used on the end with the external thread. Let`s see if anyone can confirm that.

Edited by Ian201, 31 August 2017 - 11:12 AM.

• JasperGTR likes this

JasperGTR

JasperGTR

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 18-September 13

Yup.  Circlip holds in insert.  They went in pretty easily.  It seems as though the wires are pretty tight as they sit further away from the DPs (because of the additional spacer).

• Ian201 likes this

Enshiu

Enshiu

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 01-January 13
  • LocationNL,UK,JP

Normally I remap should get rid of the codes.

Been working with enshiu on my car for the past 2 days. This guy is a mad scientist. He knows his stuff about GT-Rs. We spent the past few days changing brakes, rotors and upgrading my  gotboost full intercooler piping. Enshiu will post pics of my car later.

My project:

http://www.gtrherita...-600whp-upgrade

Supvr4

Supvr4

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 04-March 13
Sorry to bring this thread back up. A car has an HKS catless downpipe with Cobb. There are no codes. The car was not driven for a long time. It was recently bought. At state inspection, with a handheld device, the car was not ready to be tested. Several attempts with handheld were done, each time converter not ready. There has been over 1000 miles now , and still not ready. Will this help ? Should the angled one be ordered to make installation easier without taking down the downpipe ?

Jared@SFS

Jared@SFS

Stage 3 Member

• Vendors
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 17-September 13
  • LocationAlpharetta Georgia

Sorry to bring this thread back up. A car has an HKS catless downpipe with Cobb. There are no codes. The car was not driven for a long time. It was recently bought. At state inspection, with a handheld device, the car was not ready to be tested. Several attempts with handheld were done, each time converter not ready. There has been over 1000 miles now , and still not ready. Will this help ? Should the angled one be ordered to make installation easier without taking down the downpipe ?

Your tune will have the secondary catalytic converter codes turned off, you'll need a map that has them turned on. I also can't advise you in good faith to search for "Big Daddy's CEL Fix" or advise you to buy two of them and install them between your secondary O2 sensors and the down pipes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users