Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2 questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

shombre

shombre

Stock

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 22-May 16

Hi, apologies if these are questions with mind-numbingly obvious answers.

1) If an electrical device such as a music player is left in car, permanently connected to the USB port, will the battery be drained - i.e. will it endeavour to keep charging with the engine off? I would not have dreamed of asking this, but I read that certain Bluetooth devices -eg the ECUTek Bluetooth EVI - if left in the CANBUS port with the engine off, *can* drain the battery, which prompted the question. I suspect the answer is a resounding "no".

2) I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant on specific UV exposed surfaces on the interior and exterior of the car for a while now. It's a brilliant product (especially for protection of carbon fibre parts), and it struck me the other day just how hydrophobic it is. My question is, what are the downsides to using this product periodically after washing on a "clear bra" type wrap, to take advantage of the UV protection and hydrophobicity?

Thanks!

Edited by shombre, 12 August 2017 - 04:29 AM.

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

Question 1 yes your Battery will go bad. and no it will not keep charging with the car off

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
You'll have to ask your installer for the clear bra. I know there are certain products they like for cleaning and "refreshing" clear bras....while there are other products that can stain it.

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users