Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Be aware of F Performance garage in Dubai

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Xsuil

Xsuil

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 353 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

The clutch was a 9/9 that clutch is rated to about 900lb but it can hold more given the right conditions. The issue is that after the transmission gets hot the clutch would start to slip. We can easily add tables in syvecs that will manage the torque applied to the clutch and would deal with this issue.

Just to clarify the car made (I'll have to look up the torque numbers) 1070whp on a mainline dyno if I recall on what was told to us to be Kuwait fuel ...
At 950whp or even 1000whp this would not be an issue.

The knock control in Cobb is not very robust nor does it have a way to establish properly the thresholds of what knock is and what isn't. Another issue is that the timing correction is global and not individual cylinder based. At -9 deg of timing from mbt even I would consider this a runaway combustion. Events like that will melt an engine very quickly within one pull... Syvecs deals with this differently.

Boost control. Only a simple feed forward strategy in Cobb no additional tables are available. The boost control in syvecs and Motec is way more capable.

Now when you are at the absolute limits of the fuel you want control that is precise accurate has additional functions and most importantly propper feedback.

I've explained the above numerous times. If people choose to ignore it i can't change that.
When you go to the doctor you don't tell him how to do his job because more likely than not the results won't be what you expected.

If I may remind you that the Switzer ultimate made well over 900hp way before anyone believed was possible or attempted to run over 30 psi on pump gas. That was done mainly on Cobb. I have done well over 50 of those cars and to my knowledge not a single engine failure from tuning issues has been reported to this day. I can also tell you that those numbers weren't aways easy to achieve. Some knocked. Some required additional adjustments some were fuel quality limited. With advancements in parts and what we have learned about the GTR platform we've been able to push that even further these days.

I've worked with Cobb since the days John Banks was helping us develop patches and suffered through the entire theoretical pw glitches with speed density. I think I know a little bit about how it works or what makes an engine tick.

We at Switzer even had the first pseudo standalone with ProEFI long before Syvecs was around or Motec.

We at Switzer were the North America Syvecs support and worked closer with Syvecs than any other shop in the world (at the time I was there) now I'm at the only other shop that Syvecs officially has a branch office. Does that make me biased towards it. NO. I don't make a dime off the sale of the ECU. I simply advice what's best for the situation in question.

And please don't make bold statements like it's easy to do when you don't have all the details. You've only heard one side of the story. And especially if you are not a calibrator aka tuner.

I don't know everything nor have I ever stated that I do.. BUT To say I don't know what I'm doing is simply untrue. I think my track record proves otherwise and the people that know me seem to think that way as well. You don't just get to work with AMS on Alpha G if you didn't know what you were doing.

This is most likely the one and only reply you will get from me because frankly I have customers to attend to that value what we do and listen to what we advise and I don't have the time to be a keyboard warrior on the internet. If you have something to tell me you know where the garage is, I'm here to discuss your issues.

Now I've been through the pissing match once with one of these guys when he accused us of copying ETS kits in China few months back and unfortunately that post got deleted, so I can tell you exactly how this will go. Words taken out of context and twisted to suit some agenda that I've no idea how I got drug into. I know for a fact that there are other people pulling the strings on this one as I've seen text message exchanges with the individuals in question. I will not mention any names and we will deal with it appropriately here in UAE.

As to the original poster I and FPerformance have nothing personal we are still here to help if you would like but it seems to me that isn't the case.

Have a nice discussion hopefully it stays civil.

I find it very funny how you are trying to spin the whole thing on Cobb

When i can bring up a dozen of cars running the exact transmission ( Shep 1k )
Runninf the same setup and even more power without any issues or slipping

You want to blame it on the heat ?
How hot can a Transmission get in 2 or 3 pulls ? I DON'T THINK that's enough to cause a clutch to slip

Now Knock
The amount of knock on alkout's car is insane ether your tune is horrible or there is something worse going on with the car ? Again its a fresh build and this will also point out to the shady work of FP
Funny thing i have seen another fresh build from your shop knocking almost the same and it's also tuned by you on Cobb

It seems your only good at two things
Tuning junks like syvecs and proefi
And lying

And about your conspiracy theory
It's one more idea to trying to get away from the main issue? The horrible job you and your shop did on an expansive build ?

Prove what your saying
Post those screen shots
Like it matters anyway ?

This post wouldnt be here if it wasn't for you and the incompetant shop in the first place

Yea the illuminati didn't do this
You and FP did.

I'm the only one with an agenda to expose you here
You have said stupid things and never cared about people's hard earned money
You deliberately turn off safety trips on Cobb because we rich arabs can afford paying for new engines and repairs .

Don't play the victim
Don't blame Cobb for your incompetence

rCfhnEM.jpg

Phase 1 : 

- Topspeed Motorsports 4.0 Engine .
- ETS HTA 3794 Turbo Kit .
- 1460 HP @ 38 PSI
- 1100 HP @ 25 PSI

Phase 2 :
- Topspeed Motorsports 4.1 Engine .
- ETS Little Hero Super99 Turbo Kit .
- 1500+ HP @ 40 PSI
- 1000  HP @ 21 PSI

Phase 3 : In Progress 
- T1 Race Development 3.8 Engine .

- DMS Custom Forward Facing Turbo Kit.

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 633 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

First of all, I never said that syvics is not good.
It could be a good device and all, but that's not the point.

When I approached F to make a deal for my build, they told me specifically that syvics is not needed for your power levels and that Cobb is good enough.

So we started building the car all to F garage specification with no single component selected or supplied by myself.

The very most reason for this is I wanted them to be fully comfortable with the build and to be able to hold them accountable afterwards in case my goals are not met.

Initially Cobb was more than enough and could do the job perfectly.
Then when issues started to arrise, all of the sudden Cobb became the main issue and syvics would take care of it all.

At this point I have already shipped the car multiple times from Kuwait to F garage in Dubai for fixing the issues on my car. All the shipping expenses were supposed to be covered by F garage based on Salims word to me , which was never honored.
Moreover, I had to pay for replacing parts that were defective or wrongly installed by them (i.e oil pan), and I had to pay for an oil change due to replacing the oil pan although the oil was just changed a hundred or so mile ago on my expenses as well.

So, after all these things, I started to loose my trust toward F garage due to all of the above. And after loosing so much money on shipping the car back and forth and the associated expenses that were supposed to be covered by Salim. Them F garage is forcing me to pay more money for syvics and claim to fix all my issues.
Why would I believe them ?

You stated that customer should go with what his tuner suggests. This is fully understandable and agreed. However, this should have been discussed prior to making the deal, and not after the build is done.

It all about promises that were never fulfilled and words that were never honored. It about the garage not standing behind their work when issues arises.

I am open to solutions that F garage would suggest provided that I don't pay anything out of pocket. Of course except to return it /(de-dune it) to mask the issues as it was re-tuned more than 3 times

I really think you guys should engage in direct and private discussion to find ways of reaching a suitable resolution.

If that doesn't work out, I'm willing to be the mediator/facilitator between you and F Performance if you would like since I am a neutral party. I am willing in good faith try and bring both perspectives closer in order to achieve a favorable outcome for both parties. If you guys would like me to play that role I am more than happy to do so.

P.S I am from Oman.

Edited by BAZ007, 12 August 2017 - 02:26 PM.

ALKOUT

ALKOUT

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-August 17

I really think you guys should engage in direct and private discussion to find ways of reaching a suitable resolution.

If that doesn't work out, I'm willing to be the mediator/facilitator between you and F Performance if you would like since I am a neutral party. I am willing in good faith try and bring both perspectives closer in order to achieve a favorable outcome for both parties. If you guys would like me to play that role I am more than happy to do so.

P.S I am from Oman.

I don't mind to be reached with a solution

I also don't mind you being a facilitator

As mentioned before I am open to solutions that F garage would suggest provided that I don't pay anything out of pocket and that is not a detune to my car to mask the issues.

Appreciate you are trying to help bro
  • Tim likes this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,548 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
No one likes bait and switch BTW, which seems like what happened in the perspective of the customers point of view

ALKOUT

ALKOUT

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-August 17

No one likes bait and switch BTW, which seems like what happened in the perspective of the customers point of view

This what happened unfortunately, I wrote to protect other potential customers from being in the same situation

I wish I knew what was coming to me before I spend this much.
  • 7racer and Mattson like this

Tony1

Tony1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 838 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

There's obviously a lot going on with this situation, and I'm not there to know the details, so I'm not going to make an uninformed opinion. 

What I will say is I've worked very closely with F Performance since they opened and they're a great group of guys.  

I wouldn't base my determination of that shop on this situation by any means. 

• bradomirov likes this

T1racedevelopment.com

Injectordynamics.com

214-607-9022

ALKOUT

ALKOUT

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-August 17

There's obviously a lot going on with this situation, and I'm not there to know the details, so I'm not going to make an uninformed opinion.

What I will say is I've worked very closely with F Performance since they opened and they're a great group of guys.

I wouldn't base my determination of that shop on this situation by any means.

There are enough details in the thread for any man (with true justice) to make an opinion.

However, having huge business exchange with a shop could very much lead to a bias opinion. Being honest and keeping your business with them is a simple conflict of interest so no one will be wondering why

You being a T1, you are very well known about your extraordinary work and great attention to details. I don't think you should be in agreement with the cheap work done and lack of attention to details in my case as can be seen in the pictures I have attached.

Tony1

Tony1

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 838 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

I've been doing this for 20 years now, I know there's always 2 sides to every story.   Sometimes it's budgets being worked with, sometimes it's goals changing during a build, sometimes it's time, etc.   I don't know all of the details regarding this build, and won't let your single situation, with a mostly one sided story, change the years of history I know about these guys. 

There are clearly things in your situation that seem much less than ideal, and I'm by no means saying they're perfect, but I also know them and what they've done and are capable of. 

• changster likes this

T1racedevelopment.com

Injectordynamics.com

214-607-9022

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 327 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

I've been doing this for 20 years now, I know there's always 2 sides to every story.   Sometimes it's budgets being worked with, sometimes it's goals changing during a build, sometimes it's time, etc.   I don't know all of the details regarding this build, and won't let your single situation, with a mostly one sided story, change the years of history I know about these guys. 

There are clearly things in your situation that seem much less than ideal, and I'm by no means saying they're perfect, but I also know them and what they've done and are capable of. 

Sometimes though people just fuck up. I'm sure over 20 years you've also seen (maybe even been in that position)  where it was a shit week at home, maybe something is just a byproduct of human error when doing tasks over and over. What I've noticed especially lately separates people in this business is there are those that never let it get to a point where someone feels so un-helped/ unsupported through a situation where they feel the need to write a mulitpage post. 

As someone whose build was with a shop that had an owner with an inability to be accountable (everything was a spending problem, or someone else's fault), plus a laundry list of other things. It is far worse to feel like nobody has your back, doesn't respond, bullshits you, or don't feel like you're getting help. Than it is to need a new axle, or engine.

Thankfully with my car I had so many quality parts and a quality tuner that the car wasn't in jeopardy vs. if I let them do a top to bottom build on cars they usually do vs. GTRs where I almost likely would have encountered the many problems that are now surfacing from various customers.

The real tragedy in this isn't that stuff broke, or work quality was off. Its that when the issues came up this guy doesn't appear to have any help.

*edit* I'd also add about relationships, I think the major vendors/players/ usual event attenders all have different views of each other than how the avg. joe deals with some of these shops. Guys who spend major dollars or hit the bottom line will always get priority in some areas, I don't think thats unreasonable. That said the shops (and I'd include T1 in this area of good customer service) that tend to treat everyone the same, or have the same attentiveness to customer service whether you need a 50k build, 300k build, or a bolt on setup. Don't tend to have these types of problems. 

Edited by OuLikeBlueGTRs, 17 August 2017 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users