Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UK 4 Second Racing Club

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

JZeezGTR

JZeezGTR

Stock

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • LocationNorth Jersey

What ever you do. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS!!!  

UK 4 Second Racing Club.  Must be a start up or some low level Facebook company. Because their website just barely came up and is pretty bad quality. Other then that they have an Instagram profile. 

Here's my experience dealing with them. I was on the look out for a perfect fitting "Real" carbon fiber overlay for my center console. The black painted part only. I had no interest in covering the leather shifter bezel. Also I wanted Matte finish and I wanted it to be thin so that it can appear to be made that way. After finding some rogue photos online that I couldn't track the seller of.  I landed on UK 4 Second Racing Club's facebook profile. From the first reply message I got from them, I got the vibe that they were arrogant assholes. I inquired by FB messenger and showed interest in their steering wheel cover and center console cover in the finish I wanted. I asked if they fit my year. Maybe its a stupid question, I dont know. I guess I just wanted some assurance from the horses mouth, but their response was a "Love your question, will they fit, Hahahahaha".  Who answers customers like that?  That just seemed super arrogant and condescending.  But against my better judgement I decided to give it a try. Heres the conversation I had with them on Messenger.  Tells the full story well.  

For those TLDR people. 

After paying for product and waiting 2 months to receive. I got the parts and they didnt fit properly. When I inquired about returning, I got insults and accusations of poorly installing them, and they finally agreed to take it back, but wouldn't pay for return shipping, for a defective product...  Claim filed with Paypal. 

12:43PM

Jay

Got the package and finally got around to installing. (Attempting to install them). The steering wheel went on and stayed but the fitment is pretty bad. The seek buttons get stuck when I push them. The stop watch buttons are hard to actually reach and push. The source button is off as well. Is this designed to fit over the factory bezel or replace it?

Jay

As for the center console. That one is another story. First it didn't come with any adhesive. No big deal I have some. I put some thin tape on. Nothing. I put thicker tape on. That stuck (barely) but the fitment is horrible. It sticks up almost everywhere and it doesn't have clean straight edges they are not very precise. I don't know if i was unlucky and got a runt of the litter but I don't want these pieces and I'm interested in returning for a full refund.

UK4SRC

can you supply fitting photos please? as we have all test before they ship out

you are the 1st one to say they dont fit

i will need to see the photos,buddy

sold many sets of them, they all come back with perfect fitment review

UK4SRC

is your steering retried?

that just not stuck on the sliver bit, or you have the retrimed wheel

Jay

Wheel is bone stock. Never touched. Car is brand new.

UK4SRC

Push it stick on the sliver then

can i have the full photos of your steeling wheel

Jay

I almost broke my finger from how hard i pushed. It's on as far as It can go but even if it does go down more it doesn't stay

UK4SRC

then put other tap on it please

just need stronger tape on that bit

as when i send this out to you, i ask staff to put the tape for you, normally they dont come with tape

Jay

See the volume and cruise buttons ?

UK4SRC

what is the photos of the center console like please

UK4SRC

yes, need stronger tape on the back of there

UK4SRC

never mind, send me other photos please, i will see what you mean

Jay

They are perfect which means it's on correct. The other holes are just off

UK4SRC

you wont find other one better than mine on market

Jay

Center console I took off because I couldn't get it to stick at all. And it was rattling

UK4SRC

anyway, send me the centre console photos please

you need tapes!

Jay

That doesn't mean I should keep them? If no one is better then I don't want any.

UK4SRC

it cant stick on doesnt mean they dont fit

Jay

I tried with many different tape brother

The fitment is off so the pieces doesn't sit flat and flush so the tape has not contact point

UK4SRC

i dont know what tape you have tried, this is my 1st time to met

if you couldnt fit it doesnt mean our parts dont fit

i just want to make this clear

anyway, pack it up and send them back for me plz

Jay

Look it's fine. I'm not a newb at this kind of thing I promise u. I'm a very experienced installer of many things. I can figure stuff out. But these are not to my satisfaction

So... are u going to take them back?

UK4SRC

yes

i take them back

never mind

just put down as return when you send it, otherwise i wont get them

thanks

address:

Jay

Ok. Can we please get the details straight. I will ship to the address u provide and attn. To Returns?

And when u receive I will get full refund?

Is return shipping covered?

UK4SRC

Uk 4 Second Racing Club Ltd. Unit 9, Trinity Court, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QT United Kingdom

we are not covering the shipping

i will lost my shipping

because you said that is not fit but it is not stick on propely

Jay

I paid for it

UK4SRC

please understand

Jay

I paid for shipping it wasn't free

UK4SRC

i will do you the full refund as soon as we get it

Jay

Yea but I paid for shipping

UK4SRC

you will get what you paid back

Jay

It's only right u pay for return no?

Ahh ok

UK4SRC

but not the return shipping bro

you used the wrong tapes but you are not happy the parts

Jay

That's Not true

UK4SRC

that is what you just said

you said the tape is not stick on

Jay

No. I used many types of 3M tape and none were able to hold the piece down due to poor fitment

UK4SRC

can you put the piece on and send me photos?

Jay

I cleaned the surface with alcohol and prep the area properly.

UK4SRC

or can i send you to one of the shop we know in your city please?

i get them to fit for you?

but you have to pay for the fitting

Jay

It depends on which shop

UK4SRC

i am sure they fit

as we test before it sent

in fact we sold over 15 centre consoles to USA, you are the 1st one ask for refund, i will do it for you, but i am not able to cover the shipping comes back

if i cover the shipping way back, who is cover me the shipping to sent off?

or you cover me on that part?

UK4SRC

when fitting, you need to apply some pressure and make sure that your doubled sided tape is genuine 3m

Jay

It's 3m

Jay

I'll take pics of the center console when i get home.

Jay

theres no more adhesive on it. I took it off after trying 3 different types of 3M. I gave up. It wasn't working out

What would you like me to take a picture of?

UK4SRC

if your tape is not sticker on, why is the parts problem?

Jay

I think i've said this a few times, but i'll happily say it again.

UK4SRC

please show us where it doesnt fit please

Jay

With regards to the center console. I tried the "Thin" 3M tape first. Since there was NO tape on it when i got it out of the box.

The thin tape is VERY sticky and stuck on the overlay very good.

UK4SRC

as all LHD parts has test fitted before they sent out, so i would like see where it doesnt fit

Jay

communicating with you is very difficult. You dont seem to understand what I'm saying to you.

I'm starting to get frustrated

I'm trying to stay calm and be polite.

UK4SRC

let me ask my staff to talk to you , give me a min please

Jay

You just keep telling me that I'm the only one who has a problem.

SO WHAT! are you telling me that humans dont make mistakes. is it beyond the realm of possibility for this piece to be off and not fit

maybe your idea of perfect fit is horrible to others.

do i need to file a claim with Paypal?

UK4SRC

hi Jay. my name is kap and i am part of UK4SRC I understand that you are having a few minor difficulties in fitting our parts? the parts supplied to you have been tested before being shipped out to you. apart from yourself, multiple sets were also shipped to the US annd we have had no complaints about fitment whatsoever

UK4SRC

We will 100% happily give a full refund, but we will not refund the shipping costs, because unfortunately, in this case, the fitment as i know is of perfect fitment and the parts were made using a LHD vehicle which means that it is impossible that the parts do not fit!

UK4SRC

i understand your frustration that a simple interior part which take 5-10minutes to fit is beyond your abilities, but please do not say 'maybe your idea of perfect fit is horrible to others' because before our parts get delivered, we make sure every part fits and a quality check is given

Jay

The refund I get will be for the full amount I paid you. When you say you wont pay for shipping you mean you wont pay for return shipping right? Also, Just because you "Say" it fits perfect, doesn't make it true. Of course you would say that. Why would you ever say it doesnt fit perfect. So in the end, I'm a customer that is not happy with the product fitment that I purchased from you. As I said above. your idea of perfect maybe grossly different from my idea or the idea of others because these DO NOT fit perfect.

Jay

lol. beyond my abilities? are you trying to insult me?

maybe i dont know how to lay carbon fiber, but I think i can install an overlay.

UK4SRC

i think you are the one insulting us. please re-read your comments before you make judgement of others. as said, we will happily refund you for the full cost of the parts, but not the shipping!

Jay

explain how much i'm getting back please.

and I did not insult you. I said that you're opinion of perfect fitment "MAY" be different from others.

I've carefully chosen my words, It seems you haven't and i advise you to. because an unhappy customer is not a good thing.

UK4SRC

you will get the amount in which you paid for, for the parts, this does NOT include the return shipping fee in which you will have to pay

Jay

tell me how much i'm getting back.

please

exactly.

once you receive the parts

i want to know because you havent been very clear about this. and neither was the last guy

UK4SRC

you are acting in a manner which is near impossible to communicate to because you are nit picking words! please give me 10mins to chat with the boss about the refund which you will receive also, may I add.. it is nearly 10pm over here and I am not at work, so please understand that this is not within working hours

Jay

sure. no problem

UK4SRC

I have been as clear as I effectively can until I get a sum from the problem

Jay

please take a minute to look at the photos i sent

UK4SRC

i have seen the photos, and it was actaully myself, that sent you the mesage about applying pressure to securely fit the trims

Jay

notice how the circles around the volume and cruise control are perfect. but the other cut outs are not. How can you call this perfect?

I applied pressure until my steering wheel started bending. it wasn't going down any further.

the cut outs are just not straight. I shouldnt even have to pay for return shipping.

UK4SRC

right... you will get a full refund of what you initially paid us

Jay

would you be kind enough to tell me the amount?

UK4SRC

I do not know how much exactly you had paid because this is not my department. but for example. if you had pais $1000USD then you will get that exact amount refunded, but the shipping cost in which you will have to pay, we will nnot refund/pay anything towards it

please log in into your paypal account and check the transfer history

Jay

I would like to ask you to make an exception and pay for return shipping since this defect is not my fault and I should not have to lose money in order to return it

UK4SRC

as I have already said a few times. We will NOT cover the shippinng costs

you are saying that you should lose money in returning the items, but have you not thought that we have lost out of money in shipping?

fair is fair sir

Jay

yes i know what you said, I'm asking for you to make an exception. its the right thing to do. I purchased these blindly on your word that they will fit perfect. Now I get a product that is not as advertised, and I have to waste money because of your product.

you losing money is a result of the quality of your product.

its not about being fair. What is fair is me not losing a single penny as a result of this transaction since the product i purchased is not as described or defective.

UK4SRC

as i have just said...we will NOT cover the shipping costs

Jay

If you are in any business of shipping products. this is the cost of doing business my friend. I'm in the internet store / shipping business, I never ask customers to pay for return shipping if its something that is my fault

Ok. I've tried. I guess I will just have to take it up with Paypal.

UK4SRC

can I ask you to do one thing for me?

Jay

sure you can

UK4SRC

from what I can understand, you did not trial fit the steering wheel trims before you took the backing tape off

the holes are made slightly bigger to allow adjustment so that you know where to fit them before sticking it down firmly

would you mind trying again, when you have time and try my idea and if you still think that it does not fit then you can go ahead with the paypal claim!

Jay

I did trial fit the steering wheel before removing the tape backing and the center console without the tape.

before i even contacted you

i also did all the things i told you i did which was try different thickness tape and different strength tape

what i was trying to explain is that if you look at the photos of the steering wheel, you can notice that the volume and cruise control are perfect. but the others are not.

how can there be any other adjustment made if the piece is already installed the only way that is possible. there isn't any play even when i trial fit it. once it clips in place. theres no wiggle

UK4SRC

i can see that, but that is with it stuck on so no movement is able to be made. I would like to ask of you to try again with 3M tape that is thin enough and that you carefully fit it and adjust it until it sits flush

Jay

look at the cruise control. that pic is a perfect picture to explain to you what i mean. the cruise control circle is perfect. but the stop watch buttons right above it are angled and high. even when i pushed on it as hard as i can it doesnt move or shift

UK4SRC

if however this still does not work, we will refund you full payment but no shipping cover or please open your claim

Jay

ive opened a claim already. i dont believe that i should have to pay for shipping. that is really upsetting to me.

UK4SRC

https://www.youtube....h?v=ObstG2dfdgE

Nissan GT-R35 bespoke steering wheel and dry carbon centre cover

youtube.com

Jay

I, as the customer, am a victim. I gave you my money under the impression i was getting something that would fit perfect as you said. and it didn't. and now I have to waste my money to ship it back to get my refund, all because the product you sold me is defective. how can that be right?

UK4SRC

actually.... your wording towards me in incorrect... i didnt persoanlly sell you this item.. in fact, for the matter. i am here to try and resolve this situation with you when i am off work!

Jay

I am speaking of UK 4 second racing club. not you personally

i never met anyone who can "Speak" to a company. I am speaking to a representative of the company, am i not?

so hopefully that clarifies it for you

UK4SRC

i need to state uk $secondand not 'you' as I (kap) is currently talking to you

please address me as kap.

Jay

sure. no problem. kap.

well Kap, I purchased this defective item from the company which you represent and I would like to return it to UK 4second racing club for a full refund. And I would like for the "company" to provide a prepaid shipping label.

is that better friend?

is that better Kap?

UK4SRC

please do not call me friend. you are now being very patronising with your childish sense of humour

anyway, i have spent enough of my own time is trying to deal with this matter. and as you have already made an open claim, I personally won't be replying furthermore

Attached Files

Edited by JZeezGTR, 01 August 2017 - 06:17 PM.

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Molten Silver (Sold)

2006 Subaru Impreza STi - Crystal Gray Metallic (Sold)
2016 Nissan GTR - Gun Metallic (Toy)
2015 Subaru Forester (Daily)
2017 Suberu Forester (Wifey's Daily)

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,561 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches

If thats typical I'm glad i'll never have to deal with them

post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Aequitas & Veritas

Aequitas & Veritas

Stage 1 Member

• 150 posts
  • Joined 20-October 15
  • LocationKansas

Ouch, that does look bad. I bought my paddles from them, thankfully those fit, guess I'll stay away from their carbon pieces.

IG - NoCrustGTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users