Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 Viper ACR 7:03.45 ring time

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

Boom!

LOL at 6:53 - frustration with top end limit kicks in.

Official Lap Time of 7:03.45
Dominik Farnbacher driving a 2017 Viper ACR-Extreme lapping the Nordschleife at Nurburgring. 
Fastest American-Made Production Car Lap
Fastest RWD Production Car Lap
Fastest Manual Gearbox Production Car Lap
Thank you to Viper Nation, Kumho Tire, Prefix, ViperExchange, BJ Motors, FoxProFilms & Everyone involved in this effort.

Please step up Nissan.

Edited by forty-two, 28 July 2017 - 08:05 AM.

• ian.r, 7racer and choerizo like this

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 836 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

That's a great time, but man he has to work that steering wheel hard to get it to go where he wants. Not my kind of car. I had lunch with 2 guys at Mosport who both have and ACR Extreme, one from Ontario and one from California, and both said it's terrible to drive on the street, and both bought trailers and pick-up trucks to move it from home to track. Front tire wear is a total killer, 1-2 days max, usually can't finish a full day or the full second day because tires are wearing out. So a super fast track queen, but not far off a race car really.

• changster and forty-two like this

forty-two

forty-two

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 19-March 13
  • LocationATX

That's a great time, but man he has to work that steering wheel hard to get it to go where he wants. Not my kind of car. I had lunch with 2 guys at Mosport who both have and ACR Extreme, one from Ontario and one from California, and both said it's terrible to drive on the street, and both bought trailers and pick-up trucks to move it from home to track. Front tire wear is a total killer, 1-2 days max, usually can't finish a full day or the full second day because tires are wearing out. So a super fast track queen, but not far off a race car really.

Same experience for owners local to me.

BUT, I can fairly easily go through a set of front tires (Pirelli slicks) in a day (@ -3.5* camber) on my CBA.

ATX GTROC on Facebook - link

14492399_1137348429689454_63336591853219

gtrguyinaz

gtrguyinaz

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 26-April 17

And BOOM ............. GT-2RS runs 6:47 ............. For only 400,000.00 out the door, you too can have this greatest of all cars.

• ian.r likes this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,990 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

And BOOM ............. GT-2RS runs 6:47 ............. For only 400,000.00 out the door, you too can have this greatest of all cars.

I wish it was that easy to get one out the door!

In7anity!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users