Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beware of Visconti Tuning

visconti tuning fraud steal money

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Alessio

Alessio

Stock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 25-July 17

POPULAR

Hello Guys, Sorry for my bad english, it is not my language. i'm here to share with you my "great" experience with Visconti Tuning, if you are about to get a tune from them, then maybe read this before. evertything started 2 weeks ago, when i stopped my Nissan GT-R for the installation of a Dodson Clutch Basket. seen the fact that it has to be in the shop for a while, then i decided to add as well a CAI, and 1000cc Injectors. At this point i have contacted Visconti for have a Custom Tune on my GT-R, the price was 600,00 USD, pretty high for myself, but no problem, i paid them and few days after they sent me a "Very Basic" tune, just for start up and use the GT-R after i had my transmission done, before i would get a fine tune with them. I have noticed that the tune was soo rich that the car was struggling even on the startup, and it was starting to Damage my new spark plugs installed just 2 days before, so i just booked an appointment with them for Fine tune the calibration they sent (this was on Friday). The next Monday (just few hours before our scheduled appointment) i receive an automatic notification saying "Your appointment has been cancelled due to incorrectly selcted bla bla bla", basically, on they're website you choose what is the operation needed (in my case "fine tuning" of a tune that i had received yet) that in this case it is a 30:00 minutes appointment. Well, they told me, seen the fact that would "take more than 30 minutes" to fine tune my car, they just deleted my appointment (without asking / telling me nothing) and giving my scheduled time to another customer. Seen how bad my GT-R was running, i told them that i wanted to use my scheduled 30 minutes in order to get "closer to the target tune", even if we would not be able to reach the 100%. but at least, fix a bit the tune, seen the fact the the car was literally drowning in the Gasoline. Well, they told me "your scheduled Time has been given to another customer, you have to book again an appointment". At this point, i was pissed off. I have contacted Ben from Linney Tuning for asking him as far the an ECU tuning of my GT-R. Guess what? from my first e-mail (22:00 PM in the UK where he lives), 1 hour and 2 data logs after, i had my GT-R fine Tuned and running like a Champ. Everything done in 1 Hour for 400, against the 600 of Visconti. At this point, i have contacted Visconti telling them i had my Tune done, and i was no needing them service no more, so i have asked them the Refund (yes, it is true that they sent me a so called "calibration" but with that Basic Tune probably my GT-R was running 150 HP, so absolutely nothing of my paid service was delivered yet). The KIND JOHN from Visconti, simply told me That he do not Owe nothing tom me, and he would not refund my 600 Dollars, even if he has not delivered any service to me, basically just Stealing my money. Stay away guys, you could be the Next.. if you need a Serious, Fast, and Kind Service just drop a Mail to Ben Linney, and get the Job done. Thanks, Alessio
  • Tim, Enshiu, 7racer and 6 others like this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
Jesus

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

Buschur Racing

Buschur Racing

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,360 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

You seem to be spending a lot of time bad mouthing a guy you didn't give a full opportunity to tune your car.  

• Enshiu, gtr34, Chrisp1 and 1 other like this

www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph, E80 fuel.  

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.74@160.08 mph, 93 octane.

Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
S M H
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Alessio

Alessio

Stock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 25-July 17

You seem to be spending a lot of time bad mouthing a guy you didn't give a full opportunity to tune your car.

Hi,
im not bad mouthing on no one.
im here to tell my experience and prevent someone to be frauded as me.
sorry you take it in the wrong way.
have a good one.

thedak

thedak

Stage 3 Member

• 364 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15

God Bless 

23801528315_d24b4fb1e6.jpg

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 455 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit

you know what they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and visconti is one

• Enshiu, jima and VR_power like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,949 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

POPULAR

Attached File  th53UNO4K5.jpg   9.15KB   55 downloads

Shawn

• Tim, Enshiu, changster and 2 others like this

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 344 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

^^^^SAVAGE^^^^^

• Tim and Jamaica2G like this

colo_evo

colo_evo

Stock

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 20-September 16

th53UNO4K5.jpg

Shawn

Story?

Jamaica2G

Jamaica2G

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 26-March 13
  • LocationJacksonville, FL
I had similar experiences with Visconti 3 years ago. I didnt receive the initial tune for a good two weeks after we had coordinated the install date a month before. It took weeks for him to respond with updated tunes thereafter.

The customer service was terrible then and it doesn't sound like much has improved since.

Shame
  • VR_power likes this

2012 - B.E. 

wife's 2013 Mini JCW

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

So many repeatedly unhappy customers. I don't understand why people still use him? Do people really care that much about saving a tiny bit of money versus paying a little more for someone way better?

• celsius and Enshiu like this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Story?

Iirc Visconti was doing a tune or fuel system install and the car burnt to the ground.not sure if was his fault or not but he didn't Handel it well
  • celsius and VR_power like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,380 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

yikes

In7anity!!

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,587 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Iirc Visconti was doing a tune or fuel system install and the car burnt to the ground.not sure if was his fault or not but he didn't Handel it well

I guess the brz in question was investigated by Toyota or the insurance Co iirc and his parts were not the cause apparently. But don't quote me on that.
  • Tim likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,949 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

I guess the brz in question was investigated by Toyota or the insurance Co iirc and his parts were not the cause apparently. But don't quote me on that.

Yeah.  I wouldn't.

http://www.ft86club....ead.php?t=44316

https://oppositelock...lame-1263429632

Shawn

• ttknf likes this

240Z TwinTurbo

240Z TwinTurbo

Stage 2 Member

• 242 posts
  • Joined 06-February 14
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

For a basic CAI and 1000cc injectors a good tuner should be in the position to provide a tune that is at least close.  Because I tune my own car with AccessTuner I know how simple it is to adjust the tune values for those changes.  Would you mind posting a log of the tune sent by JV when the car was running super rich?   I think you are entitled to at least a partial refund so I would offer to let him keep $200 and refund the $400 difference, which would seem fair.  If he does't agree then file a complaint with BBB and do a charge back on your credit card.  Post your story in the Vendor Feedback on both forums.

Edited by 240Z TwinTurbo, 02 August 2017 - 04:34 PM.

2006 EVO IX (573hp/439tq)

2009 GTR Premium

Built RB26 with no home (everything is for sale...lots of stuff)

Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX35r Topmount Experiment
Garrett V-band TwinScroll GTX3576r, Curt Brown 10:1 2L, R2's, 110octane, 573hp/439tq

Pagtr0701

Pagtr0701

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 23-June 13
Pops and bangs
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,933 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

POPULAR

Pops and bangs

Any body that wants that shit,doesn't have a clue
  • ian.r, celsius, Doug@WGP and 4 others like this

Pagtr0701

Pagtr0701

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 23-June 13
Map stage 4
  • Tim likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, tuning, fraud, steal, money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users