Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weapons Grade Performance Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gutdoc

gutdoc

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-May 17

Just got my 2016 premium back from the CT shop and want to share my experience:

In background I already had aftermarket turbos, intercooler, and exhaust. (Stock internals.) The build was nicely done and made good power on pump 93. The car overall had some minor annoyances and some major things I wanted to change. I had been messaging Doug and a few other shops for several months trying to figure out what I wanted to do. My goal originally was something a bit beyond FBO E85 but cost effective and tame on the commute. However due to my own indecision I ended up spending a lot more money for a little more power, to get something unique that meets my needs.

Doug never made any lofty promises or criticized others' work. That's why I trusted him, not to mention reviews of his work since 2012. He simply said he would add the parts I wanted and tune. As ideas arose along the way, I never felt up-sold or kept in the dark. Great communication. The process included some research on the baseline mods, then a flex kit, AOS, catted mid pipe, injectors, hard wired pumps, and tune.
Things moved along. The car did not sit around perceivably more than a day or two. 

I knew E85 plus upgraded turbos could grenade.  At this point I had $1900 left in my budget so I had Doug drop in some rods and pistons.  Just kidding, that did not happen. 

By geographical coincidence Doug was able to drive the car right to my doorstep. This provided a long distance shakedown and got it back to me quicker. Plus I got to meet Doug and tour what he did. Awesome. 

When someone who has driven hundreds of GTRs chuckles and says it's "pretty fast"...well he is correct. The final product speaks for itself. It sounds great and makes deep flat torque. Over 700 whp with a conservative tune and "family friendly", just what I wanted. Hope to get to the drag strip with a friend this summer.  Thinking low 10s or better on stock wheels and tires. 

I'm planning a next round of mods including the WGP Apex brakes and Armytrix valved exhaust. I have full confidence in WGPs work. Doug has a warmth and energy that doesn't always come through the keyboard. If he starts tuning the gen 2 NSX or the C8 Corvette, I'll get one and send it to him.  

Edited by gutdoc, 11 July 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• Tim and 7racer like this

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,515 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
Thanks for the great review! Looking forward to round 2!

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,370 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Glad you had a great exsperiance with Dougs as lots around here has .kudos..,Enjoy your car as that's why we're all, here
  • celsius and Doug@WGP like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users