Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top Speed Motorsport Elite Build & Track Side Support Review

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Zrt1000

Zrt1000

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 03-June 17
  • LocationOttawa

POPULAR

Hi guys! We rarely see some track side reviews, so; I thought it would be a good idea to do one and at the same

time give you guys an update on my recent build. I've been in the GTR scene for about 3 years now.Went from

stock to FBO and now an all out Elite build. The first thing I had to choose was who will I trust to send my

pride and joy to? So just like you are doing now, I've read reviews and also tried to find some history on the top

shops in North America. So after reading John's review on here, it made TSM top of the list but, I was not sure

yet. That did not last long as I saw the results of the Ocala WGF and both TSM Elite cars that were attending

made 200+ mph passes all weekend. THAT just did it!! My decision was made to send my car to TSM for the

Elite Plus package.

Meanwhile I had my Trans done by Sheptrans to a Stage 4 so I have some head room if I ever go bigger. (Pro

1700 lol). I got Cicio to put in a SB billet crank just for reassurance.

So as the build progressed I though it would be fun to have my car revealed to me on May 20 & 21 at the North

Carolina WGF race.

Here I am at track after a 15 hour drive from home, with very little sleep in the 4 previous days due to such

excitement about one thing ... finally seeing my car. That Friday night I finally met Cicio for the first time in

person and he introduced me to his crew, oh boy!!!! That's when it all started. Each of the members came to see

me and talk to me like they had always known me. That Friday night was so AWESOME!!! We went for drinks

and talked about cars all evening ... (still didn't sleep much lol)

The big day was FINALLY here!!! Saturday morning I was heading to the track at 6:30am. As I pulled in to the

Airport I see 2 white GTR's that were already out in front of the TSM trailer. That's my car!!! that's my car!!!!

and yes my car was out there sitting next to Brian's beast. That's when I realized that I was in the big boy's club

now... Seeing Brian's car in person was great, but seeing my car next to his and built by the same shop was a

dream come true for me. I was part of the team!! :) So I jump out of my truck head to my car and started to

explore the state of the art job that TSM did to my car. I was noticing each and every little detail that they put

in. After 15 mins of looking at it, I ask Cicio ...can I start it? He said sure. When I heard it run I had a smile

from ear to ear. I had a race car now!!

So this is when my track side review starts..lol  As the TSM crew showed up they were all pumped up and

ready to make us; the racers; experience track support. There were about 9 cars in the TSM fleet, so from

checking tire pressure, torquing wheels, jacking cars up, changing tires they were getting cars ready for the 8

o'clock sponsor's lane opening. At 8:15am I was in line. Little side note, last time I drove the car was in October

at FBO stage. So yes I was about to have a rude awakening. So Cicio explained a few things to me...that I

forgot one second after,lol, but the only thing I remembered  was short shift the first then gun it If ur feeling ok.

So that's exactly what I did, short shift the first at about 6k then..... Oh yes baby.... just gunned it, it's really hard

to put a feeling on something you've never felt before but this was like being strapped to a rocket. I was so

happy to have the car shift by itself cuz there no way I was able to look at the gauge from this point. I was

holding the steering as tight as possible and looking straight ahead.  shift to 2 then 3-4- 5-6 WOW the amount of

G's against your body is unreal.  And on the shutdown I was just shaking my head and couldn't believe what I've

just experienced. As I picked up my time slip and saw 201mph happy tears came to my eyes. Then as I pulled

up to the trailer and saw all the guys with there arms up, I just stopped the car and gave a big hug to Cicio and

thank him for building my car!! I was shaking like a leaf..lol BEST MOMENT EVER.

Then, I did a second run, still 201 mph, then my third run the engine cuts out just as I shifted to second.  I

dropped the gas and just shifted slowly, at this point I was still in heaven and couldn't care less of what had

happened..lol As I turn off the runway I look to my left and see a man on a scooter waving at me, Superman to

the rescue, it was Cicio!! Even if he works on other cars, talking to others, he still sees what's happening on the

track. So I open my window and he starts asking me questions, having me do some tests,,,, and this is

while cruising at 40 mph in the return lane.  As I arrived to the trailer it was a like at Nascar, guys were waiting

and receiving instructions from Cicio. Did not have time to back my car in line since my 2 front wheels were

already off and they were getting my front bumper off. Since there was a few possible causes they attacked

the hardest one first, check for a blown charge pipe.(Since I did my own IC install..lol). So I got out of the car

with my Accessport so Taylor could check my log. As Taylor plugs the Accessport ,we get a confirmation from

the mechanics that the pipes are good. Shortly after, Taylor confirmed that it went into protection mode since

my fuel pressure monitor saw a 1 psi over set point. Wow that was it. All this in about 5-10 min span !!! At this

point I was so happy that TSM was in my corner. Did about 5 others passes after that and they were all in the

201 mph range flawlessly.

There are a ton of dealers out there; some good and some not so good. A six year old can sell you car parts but

when it comes to support, then its a different story. We're always gonna have questions, upgrades needed, or we

want more power... There are always a few routes to take, some might be more expensive than others but in the

long run you will save soooo much time, headaches and most of all money. I would recommend TSM to anyone

and everyone, and I will return to TSM for all of my future upgrades. Feel free to ask me any questions. :)

Attached Files

Edited by Zrt1000, 26 June 2017 - 06:34 PM.

• Tim, celsius, thehelix112 and 5 others like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,266 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Awesome review. Love it!

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

Haha,  glad my review was mentioned,  i tried to be as open and honest in it as possible but it probably looks like I am coming across as a bandwagoner considering how pro-TSM i am.   They are a great group of guys and have the best 1200+ whp package available.  

Really hope you continue to enjoy your Elite Plus!   

Now its time to strap some slicks on and go drag racing :)

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

These words are very very appreciated!!! 

We so very much enjoyed getting to hang out with you and watch you enjoy that car!  Very few customers I have seen this excited and it fuels our passion!  

Thank you for trusting us! 

• 7racer likes this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,465 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Great review and welcome to the board!!!!
  • celsius likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

Zrt1000

Zrt1000

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 03-June 17
  • LocationOttawa

Haha,  glad my review was mentioned,  i tried to be as open and honest in it as possible but it probably looks like I am coming across as a bandwagoner considering how pro-TSM i am.   They are a great group of guys and have the best 1200+ whp package available.  

Really hope you continue to enjoy your Elite Plus!   

Now its time to strap some slicks on and go drag racing :)

Ohh yes, slicks are coming very soon. If weather's nice this weekend I'm going with my 20" just to see :)

Awesome review. Love it!

Thanks man, happy it turn out nice, since I'm French, it took me quite some time to write that..lol Good thing my gf is English so she could correct it..

Great review and welcome to the board!!!!

Thanks, happy to be here.:)

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Zrt1000

Zrt1000

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 03-June 17
  • LocationOttawa

These words are very very appreciated!!! 

We so very much enjoyed getting to hang out with you and watch you enjoy that car!  Very few customers I have seen this excited and it fuels our passion!  

Thank you for trusting us! 

Your the best Cicio...TSM Rocks!!!

• Cicio@TSM likes this

Yano

Yano

Stock

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 09-June 17
Great write up

Are there parts you wish you had added but didn't?

Parts you did that you might not again?

UnaBomber

UnaBomber

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 20-December 12
  • LocationHilton Head Island, SC

awesome review and awesome build.

Thanks for the kind words Pascal, I really appreciate it.  

Looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing you at events

TSM Built 2015 

4.4 Billet block, ETS Pro1900 Turbos 
19xx whp/13xx wtq

221mph Half Mile, 7.64@184, 1.23 60 foot

1995 Motorex R33 GTR

2.8, PTE6766, PPG Sequential. 8xx whp

Zrt1000

Zrt1000

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 03-June 17
  • LocationOttawa

Great write up

Are there parts you wish you had added but didn't?

Parts you did that you might not again?

On the TSM build no... But when I've started to modified my car 2 yr ago, I had no knowledge and went with some parts that would had to be change again if I would ever build the car up, like Cobb dp,mp, mxp exhaust ... I should had done more research before. 

Zrt1000

Zrt1000

Stock

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 03-June 17
  • LocationOttawa

awesome review and awesome build.

Thanks for the kind words Pascal, I really appreciate it.  

Looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing you at events

Same here man, there a good chance I will be going at the shootout. Probably running against you..lol since I won't have radial's.. Stupid law's.. Also need some muffler's or else I have to run in the unlimited class, this is even worst. An Elite going against ETS shop car.. But when you think about it , it would be awesome..lol

• UnaBomber likes this

Colin8989

Colin8989

Stock

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 04-October 16
Amazing read and work/support by TSM as usual congrats on an amazing build!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users