Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nissan GTR w/Launch Control vs w/out Launch Control

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GTContent

GTContent

Stock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 09-April 17

Hey all, I recall reading a post in the past on another forum regarding a GTR using launch control vs not using launch control (or personal method of launch w/out launch control). It was an interesting post, but had no video evidence. Well, I decided to make a video to document and educate. This is on my 2013 Nissan GTR w/midpipe and stock sized MPSS. Let me know what you think.

Edited by GTContent, 23 June 2017 - 12:52 AM.

• Tim, Crissy and Dan_585 like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,596 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Nice coparision but you have to take in to effect LC1 and how much different and brutal it was. All of the original owners basically signed our lives away. This is when the cost a stock Tranny would give you a heart attack
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,574 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago
you need to use more octane. 93 with octane booster on a prepped drag strip for best results. 91 Oct is just not enough.

GTContent

GTContent

Stock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 09-April 17

Nice coparision but you have to take in to effect LC1 and how much different and  brutal it was. All of the original owners basically signed our lives away. This is when the cost a stock Tranny would fast out give you a heart attack 

I know right! It was brutal...brutal enough to destroy that expensive transmission :'(

• Tim likes this

GTContent

GTContent

Stock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 09-April 17

you need to use more octane. 93 with octane booster on a prepped drag strip for best results. 91 Oct is just not enough.

91 is the best pump gas we have here in California unfortunately. I'm sure with better octane, it would perform waaay better.

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,306 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

Nice video.

I heard from a lot of people never to put octane booster or additives into your gas. If they have E85 in your area you could get a Pro tune for it with a Cobb AP. One map for 91, one for E85. No need for a $700 flex fuel kit imo. 

rolemodel

rolemodel

Stock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

At 800+whp

0-60mph 3.75 no launch control

0-60mph 2.50 with launch control

Bigger turbos suffer even worse without launch control.

Guido

Guido

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 05-January 13

Thanks for that video!  That was awesome to see the differences.  And on 91 octane to boot.  I would be curious to see how your car would do with e85, but that is wishful thinking. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users