Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help me build my 8 second car

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Dsm_alpha

Dsm_alpha

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,311 posts
  • Joined 03-April 13
Like OU said, maintenance is a huge deal on these cars. I change my oil a ton to make sure things are happy and do oil analysis a few times a year as well
  • Tim likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16

Most of the guys who spent the money buying one thats already done don't abuse it and if they do use what they built they maintain it properly. I don't have the slightest worry, buying a big built AMS/ T1 car given the clientele and people involved.

At times I think I should have went that way but I do enjoy making the car "my own" I guess you could say. I've had well over 100 cars over the past 16 years since I got my license. Most have been modded and a few were already done when I got them but with those it just didn't feel right. My evo I bought 13 years ago I did the complete transformation from appearance to full build up to 1000 hp. I pretty much changed everything, dropped all weight I could while keeping it full interior and just enjoyed working on it. Maybe down the road I may sell mine and buy a further built one and hopefully my feelings would be different
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,481 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Let's be honest guys we have spent a good chunk of change on modding our cars. I've just never understood people who have spent good money on there cars and didn't do just the basic maintenance on there cars. Then they have problems and wonder why??

The GTR gets oil changed every 1500 miles, my DD a 14 Camry 4cyl every 5k and what ever service interval they recommend I fully expect to get 150-200k out of the car
  • BAZ007 and mitsevo03 like this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 330 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

Let's be honest guys we have spent a good chunk of change on modding our cars. I've just never understood people who have spent good money on there cars and didn't do just the basic maintenance on there cars. Then they have problems and wonder why??

The GTR gets oil changed every 1500 miles, my DD a 14 Camry 4cyl every 5k and what ever service interval they recommend I fully expect to get 150-200k out of the car

I didn't do it that much lol but I did to 1 oem fluid change, dodson red, dodson green twice, and Amsoil, plus whatever it got changed to now in 46-52k miles 

and I'd change the 300v every 3500-4500 miles. 

• mitsevo03 likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,481 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Im a little anal retentive about it..but thats just me

• mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
Tim your Camry should last well over that. I see them all the time mainly the older ones with well over 200k and still run and drive like new. Yea I'm guilt of changing my fluids a little more excessive but it's just cheap insurance. I had people tell me before I got the car how bad maintaining it would be. It's really not bad at all for what the car is
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,481 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Tim your Camry should last well over that. I see them all the time mainly the older ones with well over 200k and still run and drive like new. Yea I'm guilt of changing my fluids a little more excessive but it's just cheap insurance. I had people tell me before I got the car how bad maintaining it would be. It's really not bad at all for what the car is

Thanks man! Like I said it's my Dd dog hauler general get around town and shit done car. I like it as it's good transportation
  • mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16

Thanks man! Like I said it's my Dd dog hauler general get around town and shit done car. I like it as it's good transportation

I've always like the camrys opposed to the accords. They seem to have a lot less issues. I've got my xj to beat around in and haul my dogs everywhere. Surprisingly it doesn't get bad gas mileage since I put a programmer on it and gutted the exhaust. It's only other purpose is winter driving and muffing so it's perfect haha
  • Tim likes this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 667 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

and I was thinking im being anal with 3K oil changes on my GTR rofl. FWIW, Toyota has extended the service intervals to 6.2K miles on newer models, the Germans has also further spaced the intervals from 6.2K to 9.3K. However, the german cars and also newer japanese cars have oil viscosity sensor I am guessing? Where it dynamically changes the recommended intervals based on driving habits.

Edited by BAZ007, 18 June 2017 - 09:13 PM.

• Tim, thehelix112 and mitsevo03 like this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
Haven't been on here much due to work and family but car is set for it's voyage to topspeed September 1st!!! Can't say how excited I am for Cicio and his crew to work their magic
  • Tim, ian.r, 7racer and 1 other like this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,481 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Haven't been on here much due to work and family but car is set for it's voyage to topspeed September 1st!!! Can't say how excited I am for Cicio and his crew to work their magic

Good choice my man you will be in good hands
  • mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16

Good choice my man you will be in good hands

To say I'm excited is an understatement. The level of professionalism I feel just from the emails from Cicio and mike is already a solid sign they take this very seriously
  • Tim likes this

oz73

oz73

Stock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 23-January 16

To say I'm excited is an understatement. The level of professionalism I feel just from the emails from Cicio and mike is already a solid sign they take this very seriously

Great choice! Couldn't be happier with my build
  • mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
[quote name="oz73" post="128356" timestamp="1501208658"]Great choice! Couldn't be happier with my build[/quote

Which setup did you go with if you don't mind me asking? Motor and turbos?

oz73

oz73

Stock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 23-January 16
[quote name="mitsevo03" post="128357" timestamp="1501208773"][quote name="oz73" post="128356" timestamp="1501208658"]Great choice! Couldn't be happier with my build[/quote

Which setup did you go with if you don't mind me asking? Motor and turbos?[/quote]

They took me from stock to FBO and recently FBO to full motor/Shep 1K Elite Plus build

What setup did you decide on?
  • mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16

ame="mitsevo03" post="128357" timestamp="1501208773"]

They took me from stock to FBO and recently FBO to full motor/Shep 1K Elite Plus build

What setup did you decide on?

That is awesome. I'm just doing a mild build. Built 3.8, heads reworked and cleaned up, stock cams, shep 2.5, dss rear axles, trans brace, elite turbos, etc. I didn't wanna do cams bc I don't want it to beat the ground at idle lol my plan is to hustle a few rednecks at my local 1/8 mile. I did it with my evo for years until everybody learned the car so I switched tracks
  • Tim likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,481 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

That is awesome. I'm just doing a mild build. Built 3.8, heads reworked and cleaned up, stock cams, shep 2.5, dss rear axles, trans brace, elite turbos, etc. I didn't wanna do cams bc I don't want it to beat the ground at idle lol my plan is to hustle a few rednecks at my local 1/8 mile. I did it with my evo for years until everybody learned the car so I switched tracks

Very cool dude and I like hustling rednecks myself :)
  • mitsevo03 likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16

Very cool dude and I like hustling rednecks myself :)

Mostly fox body's and camaros around here. Throw a bottle in with a stock motor they think they are unbeatable
  • Tim likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
5a0a2a796fd0893fc643fe2b6e3eb1d3.jpg

Small update on 9/1/2017 I loaded the car up and off to Alpharetta Georgia I went to drop the car off at topspeed motorsports. I'm beyond excited to see the end result as it will be a little different that what some do
  • Tim likes this

mitsevo03

mitsevo03

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 03-February 16
ffe95e32cf3abad97d0d6d24de37940c.jpg
  • Tim, 7racer and J5isalive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users