Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VIR and E85

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ourtoy

Ourtoy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 24-November 13

Hey guys, so my wife registered both of us for VIR for my 17th wedding anniversary from her, super awesome since we have not been there.  My question is, does anyone know if there is E85 close to VIR?  I can run 93 with the flex fuel setup I have on the car now, but seeing that we are going the beginning of July, I would prefer to run E85, since it is most likely going to be pretty warm out.

I tried to do a search and it appears there is a station that is like 20 miles away, that take like 30 mins to get to, so not too ideal but doable.  I was hoping there would be something closer is all, since we will burn through some serious fuel with both of us driving the car all day.

So for all of you that have been to VIR, am in luck that there is something close, or am I up the creek.....or should I say 30mins down the road....???

• 7racer likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
No e85 at Vir at all. The e85 station is probably in North Carolina. Recommend you bring fuel containers if you consider.

VIR is my haunt and has been since 2002. Which event are you signed up for?

You also have a GT-R capable garage 72 miles north. Otherwise known as my house. If I can synchronize events with you, maybe I can be at the same event.

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Looks like nearest e85 is sheets at roxboro. Pain in the ass drive. But doable. Plan on 1 gallon per lap. Very fast track. Lots of amenities. You won't be disappointed.

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Chin?

Shawn

Ourtoy

Ourtoy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 24-November 13

No e85 at Vir at all. The e85 station is probably in North Carolina. Recommend you bring fuel containers if you consider.

VIR is my haunt and has been since 2002. Which event are you signed up for?

You also have a GT-R capable garage 72 miles north. Otherwise known as my house. If I can synchronize events with you, maybe I can be at the same event.

Shawn

Well, that's a bummer, I guess it will be 93 for that weekend.  I have 4 15 gallon tanks, BUT with both my wife and I driving for the day we will burn through that fast.  Ever since running e85, my car drinks it pretty darn fast, close to a tank per 25 min session.

We are running with Chin on July 1st and 2nd, it would be great to if you could make it and to have someone there that I kinda know........Not only that, but it would be nice to get some pointers from someone that knows the track well.  We have been watching lots of video and even went out last weekend and bought a Xbox One, just so we could play Forza 6 and practice the track here at home.  Bummer part though is my wheel setup for my Xbox 360 does not work with the new Xbox.

Looks like nearest e85 is sheets at roxboro. Pain in the ass drive. But doable. Plan on 1 gallon per lap. Very fast track. Lots of amenities. You won't be disappointed.

Shawn

That may have been the one that I saw when I was searching, and it did look like a lot of back road driving to get to.  I feel like it said it was like 20 miles away but takes 30+ mins to get to.  Oh well, we both are looking forward to driving a new track and enjoying the weekend.

Ourtoy

Ourtoy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 24-November 13

Chin?

Shawn

Yes, you should try and make it.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Yes, you should try and make it.

I am not working that weekend.

Registered and paid. See you there.

Where are you staying, and do you have a garage?

Shawn
  • thehelix112 likes this

Ourtoy

Ourtoy

Stage 2.5 Member

• OEM Member
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 24-November 13

I am not working that weekend.

Registered and paid. See you there.

Where are you staying, and do you have a garage?

Shawn

That is great you can make it!

I am not sure where we are staying, My wife said she booked us a room, but could not find the confirmation in her E-mail. I Think she may have booked us in the pit lane rooms And I don't think we got a garage, I am going to see if we can get one though.

So does Chin setup in that paddock or somewhere else?

Edited by Ourtoy, 20 May 2017 - 01:50 PM.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

That is great you can make it!

I am not sure where we are staying, My wife said she booked us a room, but could not find the confirmation in her E-mail. I Think she may have booked us in the pit lane rooms And I don't think we got a garage, I am going to see if we can get one though.

So does Chin setup in that paddock or somewhere else?

North paddock is always traditional for full course. Only exception was when they were paving.

I will try to grab a pit lane room and garage as well. Today is a bad day to try though. Hyper fest is there, and I'm sure they're swamped. I'll call on Monday for mine. I can always book on line, but prefer to talk to a person.

Hope I can get one. July at VIR is the last time I broke my tranny due to heat. Ouch. All my mods should keep it cool, but we'll see.

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Reservation confirmed with Chin...

Paddock Room confirmed.

Garage next to your confirmed.

See you at VIR.

Shawn
  • 7racer and elf_cruiser like this

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,732 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
You guys are awesome - have fun out there!
  • shawnhayes likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,742 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

You guys are awesome - have fun out there!

Taking the front bumper off to re-rivit it, replace the bumper supports I bent (again) last year towing it back from Dominion Raceway, and replace antifreeze and power steering fluid.

Shawn

viccaerter

viccaerter

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

i know im late to reply, but yes Roxboro was the closest one I found (Sheetz station)  The price was decent when I was there in March and the drive is about 35 mins or so.  I made the commute for fuel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users