Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One Lap of America 2017

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,708 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Also the intake manifold is lying on the ground (lower right of picture). Hope he got it all up and running.

Dave

Edited by thehelix112, 08 May 2017 - 11:20 PM.

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Anybody know what tire setup the top 3 guys are running?

Kman is running 345 square but the nature of the event I think you have to run street tires as you have to transition to each event. I think he's on MPSS? Or it least ran 335 last year on it (I could be wrong)
  • thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

uh oh...kman isn't on the leader board anymore and Catseby moved up to second....anyone know what happened?

In7anity!!

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

saw an update...

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.50.50 PM.png

• thehelix112 likes this

In7anity!!

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,591 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

wonder what code...

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 797 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

I see our old car is out front again.  Hopefully they can bring it home.   I think there is a shop in NC looking after it, maybe the same shop that does Catesby's car if I remember correctly.   I hope they can pull it off. 

I wonder if the same car under two different owners has ever won twice before... I think I'll text Brock and ask him . 

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.594 & 189.51

-Fastest Customer @ 7.70@180

-Fastest Stock Frame Turbo GT-R In the World @ 8.14@170

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 206.4 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 218MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,591 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

I see our old car is out front again.  Hopefully they can bring it home.   I think there is a shop in NC looking after it, maybe the same shop that does Catesby's car if I remember correctly.   I hope they can pull it off. 

I wonder if the same car under two different owners has ever won twice before... I think I'll text Brock and ask him . 

Do you have details of that old build? Obviously you guys have a winning setup!

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 797 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Do you have details of that old build? Obviously you guys have a winning setup!

Yes sir of course I do :) 

Just PM me any info you want. 

• choerizo likes this

~Cicio

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place

-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place

-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS

-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place

-TSM Shop Car (ETS Pro1900) @ 7.594 & 189.51

-Fastest Customer @ 7.70@180

-Fastest Stock Frame Turbo GT-R In the World @ 8.14@170

-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 206.4 TSM ELITE

-Standing Half Mile 218MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg

Call: 678-297-7770

cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com

TopSpeedMotorsports.com

**AWD Dyno Tuning

**Parts, Sales, Service

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

POPULAR

Just saw this thread, LOL. Was a crazy week to tell you the truth. We always have so much fun and beer!

First off, the picture is not me, it's Will Taylor and the co driver of Catesby Jones. Will won the event with a GTR I believe way back in the day and knows his stuff. Great group of guys. Hugh Bates in the Red GTR won the event this year and did a fantastic job keep it together. Will from Catesby team took apart the car and rebuilt it at his shop Go Stop Turn.

Once you are done with the event you just crash. It was about 4000 miles and 8 days of transits and drag/autocross/skid pads/road racing. Helping folks along the way and just getting things done for those that needed it. I think I got Will a wrench so you can call me a mechanic.

I have had a ton of calls/emails/text messages about my setup and prep so here goes:

It's a 2013 Nissan GTR:

EI Racing out of Lake Helen, Florida prepped the car and the engine and Shep was the transmission guru. Derek (Owner of EI Racing) is one of the best in the industry for the GTR platform. Honest and through. I have continued my relationship with folks I have met along the way with the same outlook on wrenching and supplying us parts and advice. Met some really awesome folks along the journey.

Shine Auto Performance http://shineautoperformance.comout of Alpharetta, GA supplied the Turbo upgrade from ETS as well as other parts we needed along the way. Ryan Doi is a stand up dude and always takes the time out for his clients.

We are running JRZ three ways with 345/30/20 Squared setup on Michelin PS4's. (AWESOME FREAKING TIRE) for the event!!! Can't say enough about the tires!! Michelin has been great and getting the tires in time for the event was a big help. It's great to work with them and get info/feedback on advancements of the tires and test them.

We ran e-85 as much as we could. In Memphis it was a little hard to get for the transit drives so we needed to switch to 93 octane from our flex fuel kit to get us to the end points.

During one lap you start off with a wet skid pad and then typically an autocross. These are not really that big of a deal in the big picture. If you screw up, it's costs you big time. We don't put much effort into those but they are not a throw away either.

The breakdown is usually you run two sessions a day. So the break down and places for us were as follows:

Memphis 1st/1st

Road Atlanta 2nd/1st

Sebring DNF/2nd (Limp Mode) Don't ask! This is where we lost the event. Massive thanks for all the calls and test messages.

CMP 2nd/2nd

Dominion 2nd/1st

Gingerman 1st/7th (FYI TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL ON START UP). This once didn't matter so much as it was pretty much wrapped up at that point.

We then finished with a dry skip pad. 3rd I think. Like I said, not much goes into these at the end.

What a great time, and even though we missed an entire event we came in 4th overall and 2nd in class. Was such a great time and can't wait for next year. I still don't wrench I just drive, but Derek has got my back! Glad to have some great people on here and with the One Lap family to call friends.

I promise next time to write a blog again and fill in info during the event. If you ever thought about doing this event, DON'T!!! It's too much fun and you will do it every year after and after and after.

K-MAN

• Tim, forty-two, gtr34 and 6 others like this

LuvSpeed

LuvSpeed

Stock

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 15-May 16
  • LocationColorado

We are running JRZ three ways with 345/30/20 Squared setup on Michelin PS4's. (AWESOME FREAKING TIRE) for the event!!! Can't say enough about the tires!! Michelin has been great and getting the tires in time for the event was a big help. It's great to work with them and get info/feedback on advancements of the tires and test them.

Thanks for the information.  Very cool.  I would not mind doing this some time.  Pardon me for a stupid question.  Can you elaborate on the 345/30/20 setup.  Can you put a 345 tire up front without rubbing or do you have wider fenders?  What rims do you have the tires mounted?

'17 Huracan, pretty much stock
'09 GTR
'14 Viper TA#3

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,620 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13
This event is on my bucket list for sure!

Edited by elf_cruiser, 17 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

• Dan_585 likes this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Just saw this thread, LOL. Was a crazy week to tell you the truth. We always have so much fun and beer!

First off, the picture is not me, it's Will Taylor and the co driver of Catesby Jones. Will won the event with a GTR I believe way back in the day and knows his stuff. Great group of guys. Hugh Bates in the Red GTR won the event this year and did a fantastic job keep it together. Will from Catesby team took apart the car and rebuilt it at his shop Go Stop Turn.

Once you are done with the event you just crash. It was about 4000 miles and 8 days of transits and drag/autocross/skid pads/road racing. Helping folks along the way and just getting things done for those that needed it. I think I got Will a wrench so you can call me a mechanic.

I have had a ton of calls/emails/text messages about my setup and prep so here goes:

It's a 2013 Nissan GTR:

EI Racing out of Lake Helen, Florida prepped the car and the engine and Shep was the transmission guru. Derek (Owner of EI Racing) is one of the best in the industry for the GTR platform. Honest and through. I have continued my relationship with folks I have met along the way with the same outlook on wrenching and supplying us parts and advice. Met some really awesome folks along the journey.

Shine Auto Performance http://shineautoperformance.comout of Alpharetta, GA supplied the Turbo upgrade from ETS as well as other parts we needed along the way. Ryan Doi is a stand up dude and always takes the time out for his clients.

We ran e-85 as much as we could. In Memphis it was a little hard to get for the transit drives so we needed to switch to 93 octane from our flex fuel kit to get us to the end points.

During one lap you start off with a wet skid pad and then typically an autocross. These are not really that big of a deal in the big picture. If you screw up, it's costs you big time. We don't put much effort into those but they are not a throw away either.

The breakdown is usually you run two sessions a day. So the break down and places for us were as follows:

Memphis 1st/1st

Road Atlanta 2nd/1st

Sebring DNF/2nd (Limp Mode) Don't ask! This is where we lost the event. Massive thanks for all the calls and test messages.

CMP 2nd/2nd

Dominion 2nd/1st

Gingerman 1st/7th (FYI TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL ON START UP). This once didn't matter so much as it was pretty much wrapped up at that point.

We then finished with a dry skip pad. 3rd I think. Like I said, not much goes into these at the end.

What a great time, and even though we missed an entire event we came in 4th overall and 2nd in class. Was such a great time and can't wait for next year. I still don't wrench I just drive, but Derek has got my back! Glad to have some great people on here and with the One Lap family to call friends.

I promise next time to write a blog again and fill in info during the event. If you ever thought about doing this event, DON'T!!! It's too much fun and you will do it every year after and after and after.

K-MAN

that is so awesome!

man I want to do this some day!  Looking back, would you change anything on the car set up?

In7anity!!

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

Thanks for the information.  Very cool.  I would not mind doing this some time.  Pardon me for a stupid question.  Can you elaborate on the 345/30/20 setup.  Can you put a 345 tire up front without rubbing or do you have wider fenders?  What rims do you have the tires mounted?

We have the password JDM wide front fenders. This is why we can tuck those huge 345's under them. We also run a 20X12 Forgeline GA1R http://www.forgeline...ducts/ga1r.html

We got these wheels from Speed Concepts out of Wisconsin. (They came in 2nd overall this year at One Lap) He has some sick rides and is a blast to hang with.

Edited by K-MAN, 18 May 2017 - 05:12 AM.

• 7racer, LuvSpeed and mikelmarion like this

K-MAN

K-MAN

Stage 3 Member

• OEM Member
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

POPULAR

that is so awesome!

man I want to do this some day!  Looking back, would you change anything on the car set up?

Looking back, we did everything right for once. I wouldn't change a thing. We have partnered with a company called Good Aero for our aero package for next year to try some new stuff. Like I said earlier, we have met some awesome people along the way. Some really stand up folks.

• Tim, 7racer, choerizo and 2 others like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Looking back, we did everything right for once. I wouldn't change a thing. We have partnered with a company called Good Aero for our aero package for next year to try some new stuff. Like I said earlier, we have met some awesome people along the way. Some really stand up folks.

Good aero is awesome. They did the TSM OLOA car!!
  • thehelix112 and mikelmarion like this

In7anity!!

Dan_585

Dan_585

Stage 4 Member

• 1,266 posts
  • Joined 30-August 15

This event is on my bucket list for sure!

Same here, as well as Global Time Attack. 

• 7racer likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,591 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

Congrats K-Man!

GT-Rs take #1, #4, #8 positions.

oloa2017.png

• 7racer likes this