Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2018 Posrche GT3 laps the Ring in 7:12.7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,895 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

I used to dream of a euro delivery experience with a GT3, but now.. not so much. Recently bought a CPO 2015 991.1 GT3 and kind of miss my 100k mile GT-R already. I can definitely see myself back in another GT-R some day. This new car sounds promising, though. 

what do you miss about the GTR?

In7anity!!

Jon H

Jon H

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Torque, steering feel, fixed paddles and it felt more comfortable. Easy to drive.

I have the lightweight buckets in the GT3 and it's a pain in the ass getting in and out and my shoulders don't fit well. Sounds like an econo 4 cylinder just putting around but sounds glorious at the higher RPMs. Just installed a bypass pipe the other day so the sound has improved. Wife hates the car and is constantly talking shit about it.

"It's slow." 

"These seats are stupid."

"What do you mean there's no back seats? Why does it look like it then? Save weight? It's still slow." lol

I like the car but I just don't love it.. yet. I'll have to hit a track day soon to help me decide. Oh yeah, and the forums are terrible. 

• 7racer, thehelix112, choerizo and 1 other like this

2015 GT3

2013 GT-R (Sold)

BW CW13 - 1:50.6 https://youtu.be/CFau6MhJHa4

TrackFiend

TrackFiend

Stock

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 01-February 16
  • LocationLos Angeles

Torque, steering feel, fixed paddles and it felt more comfortable. Easy to drive.

I have the lightweight buckets in the GT3 and it's a pain in the ass getting in and out and my shoulders don't fit well. Sounds like an econo 4 cylinder just putting around but sounds glorious at the higher RPMs. Just installed a bypass pipe the other day so the sound has improved. Wife hates the car and is constantly talking shit about it.

"It's slow." 

"What do you mean there's no back seats? Why does it look like it then? Save weight? It's still slow." lol

I like the car but I just don't love it.. yet. I'll have to hit a track day soon to help me decide. Oh yeah, and the forums are terrible. 

Wow, you just burst my bubble! Good luck running a 1:50 in that thing ;)  Actually, I wouldn't put it past you.

• thehelix112 and Jon H like this

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 619 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

"It's slow."

Sounds to me like you regret ordering buckets.

9,000 RPM on that motor does not sound like a 4 cylinder. Nor is it slow, as stock for stock, it's as fast as a GTR straight line.

There's no premise for talking poorly about the GT3 based on your wife's opinion, which is most likely based on the buckets. I've had 3 991 GT3s. A 14, and two 15s. My biggest mistakes was ordering those buckets on my last car. Went from a race car you could comfortably drive on the street, to the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever owned.

When I place my order for the 991.2 GT3, it's 18 ways. Or buckets with used 18 ways for a swap.

Although I love my NISMO, the GT3 is very, very special in its own very different way.
  • changster, thehelix112 and shawnhayes like this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

Jon H

Jon H

Stock

• OEM Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Oh good fucking grief. lol

I said I bought a CPO, so I didn't order it.

I also said it sounds like a 4 cyl putting around (driving normally) but glorious in the upper RPMs. You can't honestly say that it sounds good unless you're in the upper RPMs. 

I didn't say it was slow, the wife did. She's just saying those things because she doesn't like the car and is trying to get under my skin. It's not slow, but at the same time it doesn't exactly get my heart racing in a straight line. 

Where was I "talking poorly" about the GT3? Because I said it was a pain in the ass getting in and out of the LWB? How dare I say that. 

Edited by Jon H, 20 May 2017 - 02:30 PM.

• fnsh1st and mikelmarion like this

2015 GT3

2013 GT-R (Sold)

BW CW13 - 1:50.6 https://youtu.be/CFau6MhJHa4

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,641 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Tempers gentlemen. No reason to be upset by the conversation.

Shawn
  • Biff_Malibu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users