Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TSM ELITE Plus Driven to where Police cars were invented (Ohio)

- - - - - random ohio fact tsm topspeed elite elite plus turbo stock frame driven home

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

Seems as tho customers flying into Atlanta International and driving their fresh ELITE Plus builds home is becoming a theme of sorts.  

Daniel sent us his car from Ohio as the title makes pretty clear.  He had a previous build that was working just fine but just wanted more power… don’t we all?  He already had the trans in the car from Shep as well as the supporting mods such as intercooler and fuel system.  He sent the car down to get a full TSM long block built and installed combined with our ELITE Plus turbo system.  We threw in some extra touches such as nice engine powder coating as well as a few of our proprietary parts for our ELITE builds.

-TSM High Flow Catch Can
-TSM / Innovators West Harmonic Balancers
-ELITE Spec GSC Billet Cams
-TSM 3.5” Inlet System
-annnddddd Team TSM Secret Sauce LMAO!!

We also downsized his injectors from ID2000s to ID1700s as that is what we use in all of our ELITE builds.  They make for the best all around mannerisms as well as supply plenty of fuel for the high 1200s that the Plus versions make.  He previously had a brushless setup installed so rather than change it out we decided to see if it was up to the task, which we were happy to see that it for sure was.    We added some of the new R888R tire last minute and did one of our street alignments to the car before delivery as well.

These ELITE Plus builds are extremely consistent, they literally all make within 1% of each other which is pretty wild.   Pump gas numbers on this car made 1014whp @ 26psi and 1294whp on the corn @ 35psi ish.  As you can see from the graphs below the crazy consistent power band and ultra quick spool is what makes these builds so fun to drive!  I know Daniel is bringing the car out to Buschur to run with us in August but I’ll be sure to update this thread if he does any events before then for real world data. 

So Thursday of last week I get a call..

Daniel: “well I’m just gonna fly in and drive that thing home instead of pulling my trailer down.. is that cool?”

Me: “Hell yes that is VERY cool!”

Friday morning he landed at the Atlanta airport and after a little ride with Taylor and some shop pictures he hit the road back to Ohio!  Middle of the night I get a text “made it safe and sound, car performed flawlessly”

We certainly appreciate the business and can’t wait to do more of these amazing packages!  Please feel free to reach out to me via PM or email if you are interested in pricing!

Thanks for taking the time to read through, here are some pictures of the car and dyno charts! 

DanielME85_zpselqqlbpm.jpg

DanielMPump_zpsj9qxz93b.jpg

IMG_9820_zpsxon02j9n.jpg

IMG_9799_zpsurrxencq.jpg

IMG_9748-HDR_zpsoxn3fgfm.jpg

IMG_9720-Edit_zpsebtaavk5.jpg

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

~Cicio

***TOP THREE TSM 1/4 MILE***
-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
***TOP THREE TSM 1/2 MILE***
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

-OneLap of America Overall 1st Place - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
-TX2K13 Overall 1st Place | TX2K13 Class 2 1st Place
-Shootout 2015 Overall 1st Place & 2nd Place
-TX2K15 Class 4 2nd Place | TX2K15 Roll Race 1st Place SS
-FL2K 2015 Overall 1st Place
-TSM ELITE Plus Stock Frames @ 7.98@169
-Standing Half Mile Stock Frame Turbo Record @ 209 TSM ELITE

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
Call: 678-297-7770
cicio@topspeedmotorsports.com
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

tg07

tg07

Stage 2.5 Member

• 260 posts
  • Joined 02-November 16
  • LocationWisconsin

Congrats on another killer build! 

Alpha 7

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 9,274 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
You guys are killing it on these builds congrats to the owner and car looks good
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14
@TSM: What numbers can you state
about the TSM Elites on a road course application? This is where we run 20-30 minutes of 5k-8k RPM and get 3.5 MPG on pump. Haven't seen any performance numbers for anything except drag racing. Any customers using Elites for anything but dragging? Need at least 10 sessions to qualify for a valid response.
  • thehelix112 and J5isalive like this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

J5isalive

J5isalive

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 27-September 13

about the TSM Elites on a road course application? This is where we run 20-30 minutes of 5k-8k RPM and get 3.5 MPG on pump. Haven't seen any performance numbers for anything except drag racing. Any customers using Elites for anything but dragging? Need at least 10 sessions to qualify for a valid response.

Didn't u just order the boost logic 1050x kit?
  • thehelix112 likes this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14
Yes. I will post video of how the BL 1050X perform under extreme use. Might not be until Nov because I stay in NY May-Oct and my car is in FL. I would like to see any other tracking user data using the Elites over the next 6 months.
  • thehelix112 likes this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

We have a couple of cars running these for road race applications but you are correct as of yet.

Your statement certainly seems like you question the reliability for some reason, maybe you haven't been around or forgot that we started in road racing the GT-R and pushed the limits so I am very familiar with the wear and tear vs. drag and half mile.

The BL kit is a great setup I'm sure you will enjoy it. When someone wants to build a bad ass road race car with ELITES I'll let you know but as of yet in the 6 months they have been available it has all been street and strip use.

Just for reference however if these things have stood up to the absolute torture testing I have done to them at the half and quarter with the type of drive pressures I have run just TRYING to break them.. I can assure you they would laugh at low boost for a full 45min road race session.
  • KNA, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,088 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

No intent to dis those Elites at all.  They kick ass.  They may be too much for what I need.

The thing I learned from the current setup was that I need a smaller turbine housing with more meat.  Stock manifolds with mild porting is my only choice, although I would have like to be able to afford an aftermarket manifold and get completely away from the stock manifold/housing setup.  I tend to drop down to 2nd gear going into turns and keep the revs up to 4800-5000 and often higher depending on the speed.   It ends up being 20-25 minutes of nothing under 5K RPM.  The constant high-RPM driving generates a ton of heat which can start to warp turbine housings.

It will good to read about the first RR application you build that has some miles on it.  

We have a couple of cars running these for road race applications but you are correct as of yet.

Your statement certainly seems like you question the reliability for some reason, maybe you haven't been around or forgot that we started in road racing the GT-R and pushed the limits so I am very familiar with the wear and tear vs. drag and half mile.

The BL kit is a great setup I'm sure you will enjoy it. When someone wants to build a bad ass road race car with ELITES I'll let you know but as of yet in the 6 months they have been available it has all been street and strip use.

Just for reference however if these things have stood up to the absolute torture testing I have done to them at the half and quarter with the type of drive pressures I have run just TRYING to break them.. I can assure you they would laugh at low boost for a full 45min road race session.

• thehelix112 likes this
2015 BE Frankenmotor

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,068 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Cicio, you and I have been around together for a long long time.  Even on track together.

All that being said, what's the potential for a low level ELITE kit being thrown at a stock motor with stock internals and used for a road race application at 700hp or less (crank)?

I belong to that old road racer camp that starts having spasms once you open a stock block.  Once that happens, all sorts of mayhem usually ensues.  If you build your own motor, or you live near the shop, so be it.  But as you know, I live near VIR, which we in the roadrace community call the "what the hell is an import and all wheel drive" area of the world.

If it ain't "murrhican" or rear wheel drive you can forget it.  Prompt service involves a rollback and an $800 transport bill to Georgia.

Shawn

• 7racer, thehelix112 and awdtt like this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,191 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Cicio, you and I have been around together for a long long time. Even on track together.

All that being said, what's the potential for a low level ELITE kit being thrown at a stock motor with stock internals and used for a road race application at 700hp or less (crank)?

I belong to that old road racer camp that starts having spasms once you open a stock block. Once that happens, all sorts of mayhem usually ensues. If you build your own motor, or you live near the shop, so be it. But as you know, I live near VIR, which we in the roadrace community call the "what the hell is an import and all wheel drive" area of the world.

If it ain't "murrhican" or rear wheel drive you can forget it. Prompt service involves a rollback and an $800 transport bill to Georgia.

Shawn

This. I'd love to see the elite+tsm built power train prove itself in a road race application the same way they have excelled at straight line work. Time for a oloa reunion with Mr Keen!
  • Tim, Cicio@TSM, 7racer and 1 other like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,068 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

This. I'd love to see the elite+tsm built power train prove itself in a road race application the same way they have excelled at straight line work. Time for a oloa reunion with Mr Keen!

I'm just looking for an elite turbo that I can throw on a stock engine with a mildly built transmission.  They appear to be superb.  But, I don't know if they are suited for a stock roadracing application.

Shawn

• Cicio@TSM, thehelix112 and awdtt like this

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

No intent to dis those Elites at all.  They kick ass.  They may be too much for what I need.

The thing I learned from the current setup was that I need a smaller turbine housing with more meat.  Stock manifolds with mild porting is my only choice, although I would have like to be able to afford an aftermarket manifold and get completely away from the stock manifold/housing setup.  I tend to drop down to 2nd gear going into turns and keep the revs up to 4800-5000 and often higher depending on the speed.   It ends up being 20-25 minutes of nothing under 5K RPM.  The constant high-RPM driving generates a ton of heat which can start to warp turbine housings.

It will good to read about the first RR application you build that has some miles on it.  

I would think three were other things at play here honestly, but I'll be sure to keep anyone informed of any future road race builds we do with these.  

The kit you got will work great!  Enjoy it.  

• thehelix112 and awdtt like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

Cicio@TSM

Cicio@TSM

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

POPULAR

Cicio, you and I have been around together for a long long time.  Even on track together.

I belong to that old road racer camp that starts having spasms once you open a stock block.  Once that happens, all sorts of mayhem usually ensues.  If you build your own motor, or you live near the shop, so be it.  But as you know, I live near VIR, which we in the roadrace community call the "what the hell is an import and all wheel drive" area of the world.

If it ain't "murrhican" or rear wheel drive you can forget it.  Prompt service involves a rollback and an $800 transport bill to Georgia.

Shawn

ELITES on a stock engine with a proper tune would be AMAZING on the road course.  I would absolutely do it to my own car. 

Also, just FYI... we warranty our engines and work no questions asked... so that $800 bill would be on me if you had me build the car :) 

• Tim, 7racer, thehelix112 and 3 others like this

~Cicio

-7.37 & 198
-7.47@194
-7.59@189
-225.9 MPH
-221.3 MPH
-219.5 MPH

TopSpeedForumGTR.jpg
TopSpeedMotorsports.com
**AWD Dyno Tuning
**Parts, Sales, Service

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,622 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13
Can vouch for Cicio's customer service. Do the upgrade Shawn!!!!
  • Tim, Cicio@TSM, thehelix112 and 1 other like this

In7anity!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: random ohio fact, tsm, topspeed, elite, elite plus, turbo, stock frame, driven home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users