Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boost Logic is proud to announce our new BLGTR 1050x Turbo Kit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Doug@WGP

Doug@WGP

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13
A friend of mine just got a 1300x and I still don't understand why they don't mock up the turbos to use the oem outlet pipes, which are a high quality cast piece with the correct transition to OEM rubber... instead choosing to run a smaller than stock pipe that is the same size on both ends... They also tapped one of them for a boost reference in a location that will interfere with the starter and/or alternator cabling which I don't really understand why they need.
  • awdtt likes this

Doug Ross
Owner of Weapons Grade Performance
-Northeast/Pacific Northwest Shops where we ONLY work on GT-Rs
-Owner/Builder of the 1st Ever Home Garage GT-R Drivetrain Removal
Cobb Protuner / EcuTek Tuner
-All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno in House
doug@weaponsgradeperformance.com
Our Online Store
East Coast Location 226 N. Plains Industrial Rd, Wallingford CT 06492 203-668-4765

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,580 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

This whole thing has been a bust from the beginning. I am willing to admit that it was a BIG mistake to go with this setup. The design and product positioning is so poorly thought out that, after 9 weeks, I still don't have a running car. Not even close.

‚ÄčI should explain that it took multiple tries to receive turbos whose wastegate housings weren't cracked. And that is after I paid the $1,000 core charge. BL finally got a "perfect" core to send us, but 5 weeks had elapsed.

Fast forward to this week. The 1050X turbo outlets turned out to be smaller than stock, so the stock hoses are .25" ID larger than the turbos. Is this just a ploy to suck customers in to having to buy more parts? Nope. BL isn't even thinking that far ahead. The reason I know is that when we called, they didn't have a pipe kit that fits them, nor do they have a clue as to when they will have one.

Just to add some context, I'm the same guy that bought their race intercooler last year, whose fittings were too small and we needed to find a coupler to make it work with the factory hard pipes even though their Race Intercooler page clearly states, "This intercooler can be used with factory intercooler piping or the Boost Logic one piece mandrel bent intercooler piping kits which are available in both polished and black powder coat finishes."

<div style="bullshit">I let them know and they never bothered to update their page.</div>

There are other circumstances surrounding this build that can still end up going one way or the other so I will reserve judgement on that...

But BL - you might think about actually installing and testing your stuff before announcing it like you did. I don't see how this is a drop-in replacement unless one custom-fabs parts, which is exactly what we are going to do -- because I will not spend another dime on your products.

Boost logic... Fix him and fix the issues. Remove said systems from the website and halt selling faulty systems.

Please comply.

Don't turn into SBD
  • Tim likes this

OuLikeBlueGTRs

OuLikeBlueGTRs

Stage 3 Member

• 362 posts
  • Joined 03-August 15

I wish I could upload the mp4 that shows Steve sliding the hose on and off one of the turbos like a needle-dicked... well, you get the rest.  If I do take the time to do it, I'll post it in Vendor Experiences.  Worst ever.

put it on youtube and link the youtube lol

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

Are you considering finishing off this kit, then selling it and going with a better setup or selling it as is or maybe even discuss returning it all together?

• awdtt likes this

Tim

Tim

FYI Gators eat the bones

• OEM Member
  • 8,647 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
  • LocationBlue water and White Sandy Beaches
Any updates????
  • celsius likes this
post-273-0-31146100-1438786356.jpg

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Are you considering finishing off this kit, then selling it and going with a better setup or selling it as is or maybe even discuss returning it all together?

it's finished.  See below.

2015 BE Frankenmotor

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Steve was in touch with a good fabricator who came in and did this.19911587_1985966034762868_1648396652_o.jpg 19840394_1985966028096202_1445439396_o.jpg

Look at the welds. 

So now, we don't have this:

• Tim, 7racer, Buschur Racing and 1 other like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
The welds look really good!
  • awdtt likes this

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
When is she going on the dyno? Send the fabrication bill to Zohair?
  • awdtt likes this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Returning it would be a huge headache.  Pulling the motor, packing all of the shit up (including oil lines, etc.) would be a PITA and my guy Steve would probably just quit.  They put him through hell for the last 2 1/2 months as did the owner of the shop he rents.  The owner wouldn't let him work on my car because he had pulled his car underneath mine on the lift and spent about 3 weeks farting around with it.  Only when I started talking about getting BSO to come help us get the car out of the shop did the owner take action.   Of course, I ended up being the bad guy.  Not my first time.

2015 BE Frankenmotor

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

When is she going on the dyno? Send the fabrication bill to Zohair?

I've yet to speak to him.  If he was really interested in recompensing us (including Steve) for the time that was wasted, I'd think he'd already be in touch.  As a former business owner, that's what I'd have done if I even had the inkling that a customer is dissatisfied.  These guys don't really care.  I sent an e-mail to them and never got a response of any type.  That's proof enough.

Vendor Experiences is coming as soon as I get my car back and it's tuned and running.

• 7racer, Evolunchbox and BAZ007 like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15
I have had and still having a similar experience with some vendors who are yet to deliver parts I have ordered months ago.

I wish that in the end you get the car to where you wanted it and the turbo performance exceeds your expectations, so it somewhat makes up for your trouble.
  • celsius, 7racer, awdtt and 1 other like this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

I have had and still having a similar experience with some vendors who are yet to deliver parts I have ordered months ago.

I wish that in the end you get the car to where you wanted it and the turbo performance exceeds your expectations, so it somewhat makes up for your trouble.

Yeah, if I can get Bill @ Sir to give me a mild track tune of 660WHP/550TQ on pump gas and a kill tune for those times I run into some badass on the streets, these turbos should easily make 700+WHP/550TQ on pump in kill mode.  That's how much the Stage 3+ had, but the turbine housings melted after just 1 year of use. These turbos should work as hard.  That's the hope, anyway.

• celsius likes this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

Racing Fan

Racing Fan

Stock

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12
  • LocationAustin, TX

Hi,

I just saw this thread, I will be in touch with the customer and resolve the problem.

We have always used our kits with our ic piping or other ic piping kits and they have worked without an issue however we are adding an option right now for stock ic piping so this will not be an issue in the future.

• Tim and celsius like this
Zohair Jaffery

cjmatt

cjmatt

Stage 4 Member

• 451 posts
  • Joined 29-January 14
  • LocationDetroit

isnt 1050whp way over the limit of the factory IC and piping? I thought they were done around 700 or so?

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

POPULAR

BL just covered the cost of the pipe fabrication and its customer service manager sent me a PM apologizing for the various delays.  I hope this is over.

• Tim, ian.r, celsius and 5 others like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

BAZ007

BAZ007

Stage 4 Member

• 716 posts
  • Joined 24-January 15

POPULAR

BL just covered the cost of the pipe fabrication and its customer service manager sent me a PM apologizing for the various delays.  I hope this is over.

Good comeback from BL. Every business will screw up, it is what they do about it what sets the top notch from the low lifes apart. I am glad you are back on course to enjoy your GTR.

• Tim, ian.r, celsius and 3 others like this

ian.r

ian.r

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 6,580 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12
  • Locationnear Chicago

Hi,
I just saw this thread, I will be in touch with the customer and resolve the problem.

We have always used our kits with our ic piping or other ic piping kits and they have worked without an issue however we are adding an option right now for stock ic piping so this will not be an issue in the future.

Thank you!
  • Tim likes this

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Steve's got the car running (in FL -- I'm in NY for the summer), so all of this is sort of second-hand.  Before test-driving it, he turned the EcuTek boost control down and went for a drive.  Got on it and the boost immediately hit 26 PSI.  Good, but not good.  Boost should have stopped at stock.  After investigating, he found that one of the screw-in "plugs" on the wastegate was gone, so we didn't really have boost control.  I'm minimizing the effort involved (nothing is impossible for the guy who doesn't have to do it ), but now we have boost control, a la EcuTek.  According to Steve, we're hitting fuel cut right at 26 PSI, which is the way Bill originally tuned it.  

So now, we just need to schedule a dyno tune with Bill to dial it in.  I'm expecting 2 maps: Road Course = 660 RWHP/550 TQ, and Kill Mode = 800 RWHP/550 TQ.  Save the stock trans for as long as I can.  When it breaks, we'll do a Shep, fuel, and crank it up to insane mode.  By then, I'll need slicks as street tires will not hold this car coming out of turns at 750-800 HP and 650-700 TQ, which these turbos should easily produce.

So it's all good now.  I can also report BL has been good to work with now that they saw the bigger picture.

Edited by awdtt, 14 July 2017 - 06:47 PM.

• Tim, Carmiwrx, 7racer and 1 other like this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

awdtt

awdtt

Stage 4 Member

• 989 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Okay, I was wrong for listening to one person and going with this company and its products.  To see pictures, you can go directly to the Boost Logic album I created in Gallery, and you can also read a synopsis of how poorly this kit was designed and assembled in Vendor Experiences.  Net result is, the titanium intakes were so poorly welded that some crap broke off of them and got ingested by a compressor wheel. 

Boost Logic will not admit that their novice-level titanium welds were at fault and want to charge me another $1199 + shipping to replace the CHRA.  I'm not going to do that.  Instead, I urge anyone that has purchased Boost Logic intakes to remove the intakes and inspect their compressor wheels.   They probably look like mine.  See the Vendor Experience review and the Gallery for details.

I also included a professionally done titanium weld so that you can see the difference between someone who knows what they're doing and whoever did the Boost Logic welding.  

And the boss there had the balls to suggest that we ran the car without filters.

• 7racer likes this

2015 BE Frankenmotor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users