Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC Nismo, 2:01 at VIR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,620 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

POPULAR

So, a STOCK nismo with stock tires and stock aero doing 2:01 compared to two HIGHLY tuned beasts with SHITTONS of suspension work, AND additional aero, AND sticky sticky tires (The TSM was running Hoosier RC's) is really putting it down.

I'm REALLY considering getting this controller.

Shawn

• ian.r, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stage 1 Member

• 139 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

So, a STOCK nismo with stock tires and stock aero doing 2:01 compared to two HIGHLY tuned beasts with SHITTONS of suspension work, AND additional aero, AND sticky sticky tires (The TSM was running Hoosier RC's) is really putting it down.

I'm REALLY considering getting this controller.

Shawn

This post REALLY put into perspective what was going on here. Thanks
  • thehelix112 likes this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,193 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

Active suspension and active aero for sure is the way of the future to go faster. Just look at the Huracan Performante, the AMG GTR.

• mikelmarion likes this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

"It enhances the 911’s handling capability, but the system also makes the car’s handling feel somewhat artificial, enough so that some drivers might prefer old-fashioned anti-roll bars."

I remember the first time I drove the GT-R and took a "fast" corner at an intersection. The car (at the time) felt so floaty as if there were no roll at all. Now that I've gotten used to the nuances, I bet this will really make the suspension feel new again.

• 7racer and shawnhayes like this

David Buschur

David Buschur

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,325 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Mike's GTR is not bone stock but it's close.  I've been helping him with the engine tuning and the 2:01 lap was with just 14 psi of boost.  It has downpipes, HKS resonated mid pipe and the Nismo Ti factory cat back along with drop in filters.  He has some additional parts there from us now I'm waiting for him to install, the IDC was 98% so it can't be turned up further on his high boost tune.  He is running pump gas, factory tires/wheels, suspension.

The DSC is a plug and play addition to the car, replaces the factory suspension controller.  We are the US distributor for them, if anyone is interested just contact me.

• thehelix112, shawnhayes and choerizo like this

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph.  Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

BRTech, text line.  You can text us with BR specific tech questions @ 440-652-5695

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,699 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Mike's GTR is not bone stock but it's close. I've been helping him with the engine tuning and the 2:01 lap was with just 14 psi of boost. It has downpipes, HKS resonated mid pipe and the Nismo Ti factory cat back along with drop in filters. He has some additional parts there from us now I'm waiting for him to install, the IDC was 98% so it can't be turned up further on his high boost tune. He is running pump gas, factory tires/wheels, suspension.

The DSC is a plug and play addition to the car, replaces the factory suspension controller. We are the US distributor for them, if anyone is interested just contact me.

Bit of deceptive marketing at play then. Thanks for the clarification Dave.

Dave

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,620 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Dave

I'm with you....I'm a little peeved at the collection:

"Armed with nothing but his stock 2015 GT-R Nismo, a DSCsport V1 Controller, and a laptop loaded with the latest DSCsport Tuning Software, Mike Levitas sets a SMASHING lap time of 2:01.5 at Virginia International Raceway’s full course!

For its first track outing, Levitas left the GT-R completely stock (tires, pressure, alignment, etc.), save for the DSCsport V1 Controller. The setup featured stock Dunlop tires, stock tire pressures at 30psi with no nitrogen, and even a stock alignment.

After making improvements to the tuning file in his DSCsport V1 controller over a two day period, Levitas conquered VIR with a mind-bending 2:01.5 on street tires, adding that the GT-R performed “with ease.”

Downpipes, a midpipe, and a Bushur tune are not "nothing but his stock 2015 GT-R Nismo".  Dammit.

Shawn

Edited by shawnhayes, 17 April 2017 - 11:39 AM.

• thehelix112 likes this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

deception... hopefully they can chime in?

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,598 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

The DSC is a plug and play addition to the car, replaces the factory suspension controller. We are the US distributor for them, if anyone is interested just contact me.

Good to know, thanks!

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

David Buschur

David Buschur

Stage 4 Member

• Vendors
  • 2,325 posts
  • Joined 19-September 13
  • LocationWakeman, Ohio

Dave

I didn't realize this was marketing they had done.  I thought someone just knew him and posted details.

• thehelix112 likes this

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

BR160 package, stock turbofolds, 8.33@168.68 mph.  Standing 1/2 mile 199.29 mph

BRTech, text line.  You can text us with BR specific tech questions @ 440-652-5695

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BR SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,193 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
DSC Sport posted the video on their FB page and I saw it, then I posted it here.

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 614 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles
I will admit I was a bit dumbfounded by the original post. How much can you really improve just with tuning well tuned suspension.

I can say that a stock NISMO has almost no headroom in the last 500-800 RPM due to injector capacity. They run at 98% stock!

There is huge gains in the mid range, and gains throughout just from increased efficiency.
  • thehelix112 likes this

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

DarrenR@MoTeC

DarrenR@MoTeC

Stage 1 Member

• OEM Member
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 11-February 13

POPULAR

Lots of optimizing still happening to the platform, for sure. And i agree, pretty exciting! Don't forget the dsc sport control for the tractive dampers.

One thing that might tip me towards ecutek+kaps rather than a Motec is all the OEM tuning that goes into drivability. I'm assuming all that goes thrown out the window when you start from scratch. Maybe Tony can set me straight, but it seems so much more likely to get a well rounded tune if you get to start with OEM as the foundation.

Dave

I agree with you. Hopefully Some other peeps will chime in. To bad you can't tag people on here like Facebook or twitter

That is true to an extent. Once modified most of that OEM tuning goes out the window so it's down to the tuner either way (flash or standalone). Our base file drives better than stock on a stock car and the way we modify the tune to suit the mods to the car are designed to keep the rest of the car working based on that stock tune. Eg, changing sensors, injectors, throttle, fuel type, you only need to select the new item form the list in most cases and the car will drive the same.

Yeah being able to tag people in posts would be great! For me, if you mention 'Motec' anywhere I'll usually find it eventually (like here)!

Darren.

• ian.r, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,193 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13

My Motec car (Wayne Potts tuned on Tony's base map) has just awesome drivability given its mods.

But I really really think drivability on a modded GTR comes down to the transmission not the engine or injectors or idle or whatever that most people mention. I think the clutches affect the drivability the most. For example, the squawk on gear changes is a mechanical thing... or take off from 1st gear/reverse from a standstill where it's a large function of how early and hard the clutches grab. You can do some tuning around that but a lot of it is mechanical. 

Like Darren said, if you really want to compare drivabiliity then stick a Motec or Ecutek on a bone stock car. Or else it's Apples vs Oranges given the mods on the car. 

Edited by changster, 19 April 2017 - 11:12 PM.

• thehelix112 and choerizo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users