Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC Nismo, 2:01 at VIR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,124 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei
http://www.dscsport....5-in-2015-gt-r/

Everything stock except the DSC controller.

Looks pretty fast.
  • ian.r, 7racer, choerizo and 1 other like this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,576 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Not bad considering this time from a car rag http://fastestlaps.c...ts/8t4v1r6c79cf 2:49.. Unless it's a different configuration?

descartesfool

descartesfool

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 789 posts
  • Joined 16-September 13

Really impressive. I want one.

• mikelmarion likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,576 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Really impressive. I want one.

Me too.

changster

changster

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 2,124 posts
  • Joined 26-January 13
  • LocationBay Area + Taipei

I have one for my Porsche 997.2 TS. It's great. Originally the chassis under heavy braking would move around and wiggle a lot. The DSC smoothed everything out and made everything more planted. 

• thehelix112 likes this

- 4.4 liter Alpha 12 built by TSM (R.I.P)
- 4.1 liter ER/ETS 6466 built myself with the help of everyone.

- 4.2 liter billet block <? big boy kit> coming.

13180940063_33e81c30d6_z.jpg

MCGTRNISMO

MCGTRNISMO

Stage 3 Member

• 347 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14

Not bad considering this time from a car rag http://fastestlaps.c...ts/8t4v1r6c79cf 2:49.. Unless it's a different configuration?

very different configuration its called grand course. the 2:01 is "full course"

speaking of that 2:01 I feel pretty good about myself as I did a 2:10 in my NISMO and im 100% self taught and do VIR like one track day a year lately. there were 3 places on track I was only doing 8/10ths because of my comfort level of a intermediate driver.
for instance the uphill esses he was 139mph I enter them at about 125. on the back stretch I see he stayed in it to about the "3" sign and 159mph. I brake right at or before the "6" and carry maybe 153-154 there. and lastly he is 150 on the front stretch. that kink still scares me a bit so im about 143max right there.

Edited by MCGTRNISMO, 13 April 2017 - 06:42 PM.

• ian.r, changster and thehelix112 like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13
Now you know why I've been asking about this.

I was there with levitas for the Audi club event. He taught two advanced classes on chassis tuning. Only problem I have is the Nismo suspension is WAYY different than my 2009 with a 2012 suspension on it (and not with the proper Lower Control Arms). And I'm down about 80hp to this car. And he has better downforce for the uphill esses. (I want a copy of that damn wing). I do 2:05's-2:09's at VIR when I'm really on fire, but I had it dialed back for the 340 mile jaunt I was planning. Levitas was on a mission. He achieved it. Unfortunately he left early, and I was never able to slot behind him to see what I could learn.

Shawn
  • changster, 7racer and thehelix112 like this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

It is. 2:49 is VIR "grand"

This was VIR "full".

VIR "grand" is too expensive.

Shawn
  • thehelix112 likes this

Biff_Malibu

Biff_Malibu

Stage 4 Member

• 598 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
  • LocationLos Angeles

This is interesting. I'd be very hesitant to change the OEM suspension controller on the NISMO. I wonder what the car would run on VIR with the same driver, on a fully OEM set up.

2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

This is interesting. I'd be very hesitant to change the OEM suspension controller on the NISMO. I wonder what the car would run on VIR with the same driver, on a fully OEM set up.

I'm telling you brother, this is a REAL FAST lap. I think the fastest OLOA GT-R (at 700hp) with lots and lots of magic that Cicio at TSM could put into it and a professional race driver wheeled at 1:59 ONCE.

He might get close, but the dscsport stuff is well proven when it is tuned properly. The front shocks stiffen under braking and the outer shocks stiffen in a turn. When you get that "right", the only thing you can do is go faster.

But I see your point on the hesitancy, maybe he doesn't have it perfect yet, and it would be nice to know what he could do stock. I'm betting 2:03. Honestly though, that's still BLAZING.

Shawn
  • changster and mikelmarion like this

choerizo

choerizo

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13
  • LocationAustin, TX

will we be asking for suspension tunes now?

• 7racer likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

will we be asking for suspension tunes now?

Yes.  I have to say, dynamic chassis tuning is probably THE biggest advance in production sportscars from 2010 plus. Witness the 911's "active" swaybar.

Shawn

• mikelmarion likes this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

Yes.  I have to say, dynamic chassis tuning is probably THE biggest advance in production sportscars from 2010 plus. Witness the 911's "active" swaybar.

Shawn

more info on the active swaybar!  is this like the active engine mounts on the porshe?  i bet that works wonders with the rear wheel steering!

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,576 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

more info on the active swaybar! is this like the active engine mounts on the porshe? i bet that works wonders with the rear wheel steering!

Here yar

http://www.excellenc...ol#.WPEL58tlBnE

Dave
  • mikelmarion likes this

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

more info on the active swaybar!  is this like the active engine mounts on the porshe?  i bet that works wonders with the rear wheel steering!

Yep:

9556.jpg

Swaybar is electronically tunable by the ECU.   As well as the shocks dynamically tuned.  Just like the DSCSport system.

Shawn

• mikelmarion likes this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

its great to see so many people working on tuning these shocks for drag and circut for the Gtr already.  

Crazy to think of how much Grip the gtr is going to gain with Motecs new Traction control, dss front carbon shaft, Brypar uprights, tractive shocks, R888r's/Nto1's new front and rear subframes/ Nismo/overtake/wavetrack/quafie front and rear diffs.

Oh and Promax ish front diff clutch clamping strength  :o

• thehelix112 likes this

thehelix112

thehelix112

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 3,576 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

its great to see so many people working on tuning these shocks for drag and circut for the Gtr already.

Crazy to think of how much Grip the gtr is going to gain with Motecs new Traction control, dss front carbon shaft, Brypar uprights, tractive shocks, R888r's/Nto1's new front and rear subframes/ Nismo/overtake/wavetrack/quafie front and rear diffs.

Oh and Promax ish front diff clutch clamping strength :o

Lots of optimizing still happening to the platform, for sure. And i agree, pretty exciting! Don't forget the dsc sport control for the tractive dampers.

One thing that might tip me towards ecutek+kaps rather than a Motec is all the OEM tuning that goes into drivability. I'm assuming all that goes thrown out the window when you start from scratch. Maybe Tony can set me straight, but it seems so much more likely to get a well rounded tune if you get to start with OEM as the foundation.

Dave
  • 7racer and mikelmarion like this

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Stock

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 31-March 17

Lots of optimizing still happening to the platform, for sure. And i agree, pretty exciting! Don't forget the dsc sport control for the tractive dampers.
One thing that might tip me towards ecutek+kaps rather than a Motec is all the OEM tuning that goes into drivability. I'm assuming all that goes thrown out the window when you start from scratch. Maybe Tony can set me straight, but it seems so much more likely to get a well rounded tune if you get to start with OEM as the foundation.
Dave

I agree with you. Hopefully Some other peeps will chime in. To bad you can't tag people on here like Facebook or twitter

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Found it.

Best lap of VIR with street legal GT-R with full interior:

Mike Skeen Driving the Forged Performance GT-R

1:54!!!

https://youtu.be/mBQDHFIPv3E

Shawn

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 4,438 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13