Welcome to Nissan GT-R Heritage
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DSC Sport Controller

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Congrats! When you go with coilovers does it still keep you in the same class?

Yep, no penalties for suspension mods thankfully! Let me know if you decide to sell your Tractive setup!

I just installed and did a quick test drive this evening in a small parking lot. This thing is NOT snake oil - the car is so much more responsive all across the board. Braking is more accurate, it corners better and puts power down more easily with a more progressive feel. It’s just a lot easier to feel the chassis and the limits of grip. We’re racing again in a week so I’ll post up again with more feedback.

And I gotta say thanks to BSE for taking time to show me how it works. I can’t wait to get up to speed and start making setup changes at the track. Gonna be awesome!

Edited by elf_cruiser, 08 November 2018 - 08:32 PM.

• 7racer and thehelix112 like this

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

2001 Ford Excursion - V10, DD and occasional tow rig

facebook.com/DangerousEnterprises

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

You won't be disappointed.

But I think my new M5 does this from the factory.

Oh, BTW, my average times on my M5 are almost exactly the same as my modified GT-R at VIR.

Shawn

I’m on board the BMW train, our X5 is awesome! When it’s not broken that is. :)
I’d love an M6 gran coupe for a daily...

2010 GT-R - Matte Gray, AP/Carbotech, BSE trans cooler, BSE tune on ECUTek, H&R sways, AMSOIL, NASA-AZ TT2 and occasional DD
1976 FJ-40 Rock Buggy - tube chassis, LQ4, 700R4, NP205, Rockwells, F&R hydraulic steering, Fox, Ballistic, lots of 4130, 7068, and AR400

Do want someday - Radical, 599 GTB w/FHP, 430 Scud, Superlite Coupe, FF Type 65 Coupe

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Yep, no penalties for suspension mods thankfully! Let me know if you decide to sell your Tractive setup!

I just installed and did a quick test drive this evening in a small parking lot. This thing is NOT snake oil - the car is so much more responsive all across the board. Braking is more accurate, it corners better and puts power down more easily with a more progressive feel. It’s just a lot easier to feel the chassis and the limits of grip. We’re racing again in a week so I’ll post up again with more feedback.

And I gotta say thanks to BSE for taking time to show me how it works. I can’t wait to get up to speed and start making setup changes at the track. Gonna be awesome!

One of the best things I like about these suspensions is how they are more dynamic in changing conditions, and the ability to change it when conditions change.

When i am about thru with a set of tires, I can soften the suspension on the fly and get some performance back.
  • elf_cruiser likes this

In7anity!!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,049 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Shawn - have you gotten a JB4 yet? Even on simple 93 Map feels like a completely different car. Midrange is improved greatly. 10.3 @ 135+ / low 7’s 60-130

Nope.  Afraid of voiding warranty right now.  And it's effin awesome as delivered.

Shawn

• 7racer and droptopp like this

7racer

7racer

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 7,556 posts
  • Joined 24-March 13

Nope.  Afraid of voiding warranty right now.  And it's effin awesome as delivered.

Shawn

Shawn what year is your M5?  is the M8 going to be a track car or just a GT car

In7anity!!

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,049 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

POPULAR

Shawn what year is your M5?  is the M8 going to be a track car or just a GT car

2018 M5

Track car.  Last weekend for my first track weekend with it I put down times similar to my GT-R.  2:12 at VIR.  110mph in the uphill esses with more rear stability than the GT-R (I needed a wing.  Not wanted, needed).  160mph down the back strait (3mph faster than my GT-R).  Stock pads are now on their ninth track session and half more than half of the original pad depth on them.  I am typing from the garage at VIR for my second track weekend in a row.  I love the track.  Missed it very much.  My life has been a wreck for the last year (not being a pansy, or fishing for support, just stating fact).

Didn't know if you knew I traded in the GT-R on the M5.  I just got so tired of screwing with brakes.  I loved trying to find the perfect solution for the track driven street GT-R, but I'm getting old and my back is broken.

Shawn

• Carmiwrx, 7racer, thehelix112 and 2 others like this

droptopp

droptopp

Stage 4 Member

• 1,296 posts
  • Joined 16-February 14
Do you have the carbon option for brakes on the M5?

I’m seriously considering an M5. Dealer has a donnington grey coming in end of the month.
GTX3582R built and tuned by STM, AMS 4.1, Omega billet crank, Alpha Cams, STM DP, MP, 4 STM Titanium custom exhaust, STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Sheptrans OneK drop gears, DS axles, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888 / MT ET 18x10/12 TE37 Saga MT ET SS 275/245.
Heartbreaker Mustang 1186 E70 low boost. Dynojet 1350 +/- 60-130 3.5 seconds. 100-150 3.4 seconds.

shawnhayes

shawnhayes

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 5,049 posts
  • Joined 11-September 13

Do you have the carbon option for brakes on the M5?

I’m seriously considering an M5. Dealer has a donnington grey coming in end of the month.

No to carbon brakes.

here's the caveat...

I LOVE LOVE LOVED the carbon brakes on my GT-R.  Loved them.  But they were A LOT of work.  A LOT.  Burnt up pads, burnt up rotors, and lots of expense.  On the metal brakes, you use a lot of materials.  You do.  After 12 on track sessions on the M5, I have to replace the rear pads.  The front pads STILL HAVE MEAT.  Adequate cooling.

Shawn

elf_cruiser

elf_cruiser

Stage 4 Member

• OEM Member
  • 1,908 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

POPULAR

Just a quick update, I finally had some seat time this weekend with the DSC controller at one of our local AZ tracks. “Some” is an understatement, I just finished a 90 minute endurance race which I drove solo. Intense!! I’ll post more about that later...

My thoughts on the DSC controller are very positive! It’s a dramatic difference from stock and the car is much more responsive from braking, cornering, and acceleration. It’s much easier to feel the limits of grip, and it took no time at all to get used to the new feeling and start pushing those limits.
One thing is clear, the factory dampers are way way more capable than you’d think! They just need proper control to unlock their true potential.
I’ll be adding some Swift SpecR springs soon, and I think they will be an excellent match for the firmer damping.
  • Carmiwrx, PianoProdigy, 7racer and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users